Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richy27

red wine stains
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:08:07 pm »
got a job next week old red wine stain in the middle of the carpet wool normal customer attempts.

Am cleaning a few rooms in the house and the customer
does not expect me to remove the stain but it wold be nice to do it if i can. thought i might use red rx but never used it before can someone talk me through the hot transfer method

thanks

Richard

Ken Wainwright

Re: red wine stains
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »
Richard

An easier way that has given me 100% results.

1) Clean and freshwater rinse.

2) Treat with a mildly alkaline spotter (I use a regular microsplitter or DFC 105)  The stain should by now have turned blue/black. Freshwater rinse.

3) Treat with a solution of Sodium Met (eg Spray and Go) Little to negligable dwell time. Freshwater rinse.

4) repeat 2) & 3) as required.

Always pre-test and always set up equipment before starting process.

Safe and happy spotting :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

derek west

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:49:23 pm »
rich

clean it as normal, then boil a kettle, get a spray bottle, add 2 tea spoons of sodium mets, then poor in the very hot water, screw on the spray lid then spray and it will disappear before your very eyes in seconds. then rinse.

oh and wear gloves ;D, bottle will be fckd afterwards but jobs a good en, we did about 10 red wine stains with this method and was laughing with every stain as it just vanished into thin air. ;D

owner was so overjoyed she actually died. quite literally, the cheque came back, "drawer deceased" :(

well it might not of been the shock of allthem stains gone ::)

richy27

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:54:58 pm »
Ken / Derek

Many thanks thats really helpful derek do use chemspecs spray and go.

derek west

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »
i use sod mets in powder form, get it from hydramaster, don't ask for sodium mets though, they haven't got a clue what your on about ;D ask for there reducer. ;)

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:12:48 pm »
owner was so overjoyed she actually died. quite literally, the cheque came back, "drawer deceased" :(

Cracking ;D I must remember that line ;)

craigp

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13:11 pm »
I find that amazing on tea and coffee Derek, Don't breath the fumes if you mix it too hot though! :o ;D I use Chemspecs 'Spray and Go' which I think is the same stuff?

I did ask Hydramaster for sod met and they did not know, just said they had some other stuff so I never bought as I wont sure it was the same stuff, whats it called Derek?

For red wine on wool or any thing else I use Hydramasters 'knockout' works a treat, gets 100% out.

Prochems red rx is about as much use as their coffee remover is on coffee; useless!!

Prochems stuff is a bit of a beginers range really.

terrymaloy

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 05:46:11 pm »
Wish I had read this post earlier in the week.
Just attempted to remove a red wine stain with Prochems Red RX with poor results.

Mite pop back to the customers house and try the Sodium Met treatment.
Cheers

Gordonnis

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 05:57:06 pm »
just been at a tea stain 2days old tryed yesterday with coffee stain remover and rx to no avail so when out bought  dfc 105 and spray and go to try and still no movement in this stain, which is in a white wool carpet, so i have just told  the owner to dig out the insurance     hopefully i have uploaded thr pictures

craigp

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »
Gordonnis, Thats a shame, did you leave it on for ten mins before rinsing, also I find it takes 2 or 3 goes.

Terrymaloy, try Hydramasters 'knock out' for red wine, the only time I had it fail is when customer has put other chems on and messed up the chemistry. Your know if its going to work as it turns green first  :o

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 08:08:50 pm »
Gordonnis, try CoffeeMate from ChemSpec. Nothing comes close.

Hot decaf coffee with sweetners applied can be permenant.

markpowell

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 08:36:48 pm »
Sod met should do the trick
Mark

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 08:38:49 am »
I agree Mark,

Derick, have you changed your method of applying sodmet? 

I seem to recall a while back You insisted on using a steamer in the equasion, perhaps I,m wrong forgive me if I am, but if it was your method , why have you changed ? just out interest.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Adam Fearnley

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 10:35:09 pm »
Where do you get this ''SODIUM MET'' from? and what is it's full name.  Also is it safe on wool??

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 11:10:07 pm »
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

kinder clean

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 01:04:37 am »
Your local wine / beer DIY brewing shop will sell it.

Paul

gwrightson

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 05:13:34 am »

adam SOdIUM MET is a powder that is used both in the food industry as a food preserve and in the home brew/wine making fraternity as a sterlilising agent , Cambden tablets been a make up of sod. met. I may just give them ago as i,m sure would dissolve with no problem with a lot less hassle of mixing the powder.

as already stated people with breathing difficulties should avoid the fumes given off "sulphur dioxide" loveley smell its as good as any snuff to clear your head  ;D

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

AJB

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 09:49:09 am »
http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/0064

Shift is brilliant on wine, coffee and tea.

As Geoff said clears the nasal passages and can clear
the stomach contents if a good enough whiff.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Robert Watson

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 06:09:39 pm »
The Rust and Iron Mould Remover underneath it is good as well.
Better than Prochems.
The Kitchen Door Centre

JandS

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 06:21:43 pm »
What dilution ratio to powder Derek.
Never used the stuff but will now.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.