Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Only one hour
« on: April 20, 2010, 07:15:33 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1000-Weekly-Carpet-Cleaning-Business-Opportunity_W0QQitemZ320516769160QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_WSJL_Wholesale_GL?hash=item4aa049c588#ht_12477wt_1165

Scroll down to just beneath where she's using the orange Extracta.

Quote "This has the power to clean a large 4 bedroom house within an hour or so..."

I'll bet you TM users can't match that.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Re: Only one hour
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 08:32:36 pm »
John,
i wouldn't want to.

"Splash n Dash" springs to mind when you see something like that.

Regards

Daryl

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48:07 pm »
I've put 3 offers in.... £0.99-£1.00 and £1.01... all declined ???

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:25:40 pm »
Adverts like this make me want to drive to their place, kick the door down and shove the 'extracta 4 bed house in one hour wand' right up their where the sun don't shine.

I'm clearly doing something wrong if my wife can't take the transit out and do £1,000 a week carpet cleaning, sh-t I wish I was doing £1,000 a week carpet cleaning.

Why does flea bay allow this rubbish?

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:32:21 pm »
Neil,

obviously you need an Extracta, then you could ;D

Regards

Daryl

adimarsh

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:42:55 pm »
Steady boys or your going to upset the guy who runs the operation. I had an exchange of emails with him some time ago and he informed me that, "basically, carpet cleaners are all just trained monkeys" and "that he could do 8 to 10 two bed flats @£48 each per day".

Apparently, I'm also "slow and will be out of business within months" where as he has "been in business for over 25 years and has helped loads of people".

I was going to continue the dialogue with him but came to the conclusion that, anyone who does go to him for advice proberbly is a "monkey".

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »
Strange, I dont get Peanuts for my services, but he does ;)

Daryl

adimarsh

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 09:52:02 pm »
Jands

Try the 'Ask a Question' function on his fleebay site and see what response you get. Perhaps he'll be more polite with you.

nevil

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:58:46 pm »
Steady boys or your going to upset the guy who runs the operation. I had an exchange of emails with him some time ago and he informed me that, "basically, carpet cleaners are all just trained monkeys" and "that he could do 8 to 10 two bed flats @£48 each per day".

Apparently, I'm also "slow and will be out of business within months" where as he has "been in business for over 25 years and has helped loads of people".

I was going to continue the dialogue with him but came to the conclusion that, anyone who does go to him for advice proberbly is a "monkey".

Hey that's where I am going wrong. £48 a throw and I only need 50 jobs to fill my week. Hmnn On second thoughts.

adimarsh

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 10:16:12 pm »
Paul, you have ago at anyone if you like ;) Whatever planet someone's on suggesting a four bed house can be cleaned in that time frame is taking the michael. Although he could be on Uranus ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 10:32:34 pm »
ocasionally we get idiots like that on here
If i remember rightly we had so fast he had time to take a bathin the customer house.

He drove a BMW

;D ;D
laims
thats been on ebay for years but i think machine has been upgraded.
Problem is you have to make out of this planet claims to get people to buy
In my opinion this one should be a case for Trading standards

from edge2edge

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 07:03:16 am »
Guys she is in my town and there are loads of carpet cleaners here running truckmounts(6 at least) so i dont think she is doing that well.Just a bit of b s me thinks.Regards Alan(swindon)

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 07:32:26 am »
Difference is I turn my vacuums on  ;D
"So basically its a big vax!"

craigp

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 08:50:58 am »
I emailed him that  "I could not even do a four bed with a Truckmount in one hour, he must be just wetting the carpet not cleaning it"

his or her reply;

Hi
Yes, you are right...you could not do it!!!
...but we could...
...we know what we are doing because we have
been running this business for over 27 years
Truckmounts are useless by the way...we scrapped all ours...the don't clean well enough...
...so, you would not be good enough to work for or company in the first place
Good luck though

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 08:58:06 am »
Well that's you told then Craig !

Dump the truckmount, cut every corner and in a few years you might be good enough to work for him  ;D

craigp

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 09:06:25 am »
he he its funny ;D ;D

I tempted to reply to him/her, but I wont as there is just no getting through to some people! A nutcase I think ;D

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 09:13:52 am »
I emailed him that  "I could not even do a four bed with a Truckmount in one hour, he must be just wetting the carpet not cleaning it"

his or her reply;

Hi
Yes, you are right...you could not do it!!!
...but we could...
...we know what we are doing because we have
been running this business for over 27 years
Truckmounts are useless by the way...we scrapped all ours...the don't clean well enough...
...so, you would not be good enough to work for or company in the first place
Good luck though

The best way to respond to a muppet like that is ignore him... I was going over there to email him a piece of my mind, but he probably enjoy's it. We all have standards and you do not have standards like ours cleaning that in one hour. If you're local ask for a demo ;D

adimarsh

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 01:59:38 pm »
Craigp

Looks like you got the same response as I did except he also informed me that as he operated in the most deprived (or could have been depraved) area of the country (Swindon, he could only charge the £48 a time. Not calling into question his charges, thats his business, but to sell the idea to newbies of cleaning a four bed in one hour is, as Ian Gourlay suggests, a case for trading standards, or if not, the Adverting Standards Authority.

from edge2edge

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 02:47:39 pm »
Swindon is no down trodden town it might not be the most interesting place to live but there is a load of quality areas of 3 and 4 bed houses to target here so where he gets deprived i dont know.Regards Alan(swindon)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 04:44:46 pm »
Notice of MotionThe Trade Bodies Claim they want to improve standards in The Industry
We agree that this company is misleading Newcomers and thus damaging the industry.

I hereby call on the  Industries Trade Bodies to  pursue this company
Through Ebay
Trading Standards
Extracta
Advertising Standards