This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: FAIL! Shattered Dreams.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 08:09:30 pm »
You guys have been had. Dan91 is a sham, someones winding you up.

Post a picture of yourself next to your uni in Reading Dan, tell us what you are studying and why on earth you think Window Cleaning is a good option for you right now. You know "It is only glorified begging" after all.

geefree

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 08:36:59 pm »
Not to mention searching through all the draws and raising money.... oh and this strange DIY habit around the HOUSE...(In another topic....)

House? uni hall? ladders in bed ? asking new customer to store ladders, ?

Why tho?

what is the point of a wind up like this... maybe its JONAH !!!!

Darranvps

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 09:07:12 pm »
Confessions of a Uni window cleaner ;D ;D ;D LOL

I might go to university so I can become a part time window cleaner!

I have one coming over to study as an aerospace engineer at Guildford University in September he worked for me in Bulgaria as a window cleaner for two years, so I will commandere him, whilst he's not studying ;D ;D ;D

Dan91

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 09:22:31 pm »
Darranvps, Window cleaning in Bulgaria? That surprises me a lot, because a lot of the windows there are wooden and open inwards hence they clean it them self's. Didn't expect that this profession exists out there.

btw can I be 100% adamant that the triple 9 rung (2.43 folded) will be enough to do all 2 story houses?  :)

dai

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:48 pm »
Nothing wrong with a guy paying his way through collage by cleaning a few windows, in fact it shows real initiative.
Stick a sign in a shop window offering free window cleaning in exchange for ladder storage.
Everyone loves a try er, if you explain what your doing, and why your doing it, someone nearby will let you leave it behind their shed or something.
You have been out canvassing, so can obviously talk to people.
If I were you, I would look out for someone working in their garden, it's better than knocking a door, explain your situation and ask if they know someone that could help.
I have seen sack trucks with inflatable wheels for £20, tie one end of your ladder to the upright with the handles,[tie low down near the platform] you can then pull your ladder behind you instead of carrying it.
Go for it mate, I would, and good luck to you.

Darranvps

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 09:29:10 pm »
Darranvps, Window cleaning in Bulgaria? That surprises me a lot, because a lot of the windows there are wooden and open inwards hence they clean it them self's. Didn't expect that this profession exists out there.

btw can I be 100% adamant that the triple 9 rung (2.43 folded) will be enough to do all 2 story houses?  :)
Only commercial buildings we cleaned see www.purple-rhino.co.uk for one which we cleaned in Varna, Bulgaria

mci services

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 09:35:14 pm »
dan the ladder you mention will reach 1st floor ie ground floor then first floor

it may reach the odd second floor but not many

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 10:13:34 pm »

And to finish me off. I went to one old guy at the beginning of my round (which is supposed to start in 10 days) to ask whether he'll let me keep the ladder there if i did his windows for free, but before I asked he told me he does not want them done and gave no good reason why. May be another window cleaner took them over. What if all of them do the same?  :'(

If this guy has changed his mind, must be due to not wanting to pay for cleaning.  Why do you not just say to him anyway that you will do for free if he stores your ladders for you.  I sure if the price was a problem, then both yous and the customers issues are sorted
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

mci services

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 10:17:23 pm »
no worrys good luck, i had my first round at 13 years old ;)

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 10:32:44 pm »
Get a triple combination ladder. They are cheaper, lighter yet strong and sturdy and will reach the same as a normal trip. They are standard with a cross stabilizing bar and feet. They are versatile as can use in many configurations.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 11:14:43 pm »
Why has no one told him ladders are banned yet? ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 06:41:30 am »
Why has no one told him ladders are banned yet? ;)

He did, he said they were banned from his uni  ;D ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 07:06:57 am »
keep asking custies you will find someone mate