This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

how long is it pure for ?

good
100%
3 (100%)
no good

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

giftedk

water purity
« on: August 05, 2005, 04:45:04 pm »
I received my wfp kit about two weeks ago and started to purify the water, it took me 12 hours to fill a water butt of water with a reading of 0.  I went on holiday and ive still got the water now.

Is the water no longer pure ?

How long can you keep the water before its no good ?

UBA1

Re: water purity
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:53:10 pm »
Put a tds in it, it`s that simple

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 06:22:44 pm »
Pure water has a reading of 000 to 015 myself max.
Water that goes through a ro will have most of its impurities taken out.Then you will need to use a di to polish the water to 000 before you get pure water.

You can leave water in a butt for days weeks months,the reading on a tds will go slightly  up but as long as you polish off through a di it will still be pure.

What size water butt did you use for it to take 12 hours to fill up?

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 06:31:13 pm »
Easyclean-  How are you doing with the merlin ?

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 06:37:12 pm »

Sorry to ask this but I'm sure I read somewhere about WFP is one concern
  is stagnant water could possible cause Legionnaires Disease.

Anyone heard of this as well !!!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 06:40:18 pm »
not sure about legionaires but i wouldnt leave for too long i have 700 ltr tank and empty every day.Merlin is excellent peice of kit would recomend to all wfp users who dont have facillty of garage etc.

giftedk

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 08:07:21 pm »
Pure water has a reading of 000 to 015 myself max.
Water that goes through a ro will have most of its impurities taken out.Then you will need to use a di to polish the water to 000 before you get pure water.

You can leave water in a butt for days weeks months,the reading on a tds will go slightly  up but as long as you polish off through a di it will still be pure.

What size water butt did you use for it to take 12 hours to fill up?

Its a 210 litre 46 gallon water butt the purified water trickles in to it

The Bear

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 08:12:53 pm »
does it make a difference to the purity if the water goes in slower?

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 08:23:21 pm »
Hi Everyone,

With respect to DASERVICES comment about LEGIONELLA/ LEGIONAIRES DISEASE.

THIS IS IMPORTANT

Legionella disease thrives in stagnant water, which has a temperature above 20 degrees, it breads excellently at 30 degrees.

Main areas to watch: -

1)   When sediment, scale, sludge and biofilms build up in filters.
2)   When water temperatures rise above 20 degrees.

Anyone storing their purified water for more than three days in temperatures above 20 degrees is going to cause a major health problem.

Anyone who goes on holiday, should empty their tanks/ move their filters (from vans etc of the system) and store them in a very cool place.

Legionella is spread in aerosols. Waterfed poles produce aerosols and it should be noted aerosols are not restricted to point of contact. Under suitable wind conditions, this can travel up to 500 meters.

Health & Safety will throw the book at you if this disease is proven to be the result of your production and storage of water.

If anyone would like more information on this, please let me know.

Andrew

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 09:47:46 pm »
does it make a difference to the purity if the water goes in slower?

no it shouldnt make any difference to the purity but get a pump so it goes through ro quicker I have a 700 ltr tank in van and merlin fills it up in 4 hours goes in ro at 365 and into tank at 16-18

gaza

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 01:04:06 am »
24/7:I wish I had known this earlier,could have killed all my old customers who went with the chepskate w/c ;D

24/7 I think every wfp should be informed, so why dont you post everything you know about it?

24/7 you sound very pro in your post and sign yourself Andrew,sure your not  A ndrew from A ndrews  water because this is the sort of advice Andrew would give you for free. IF NOT SORRY TO BOTH ANDREWS but the information is hi tech.
 GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO