This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ascjim

Re: BLADING AFTER WFP
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2011, 04:11:12 pm »
What a waste of time "blading after WFP" Thats what WFP IS! So you dont have to blade it off!

formb

« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2011, 04:19:06 pm »
Form,  its not about the customer complaing about clean windows its about  how some  customers who dont like the windows to be left wet!

alot of Customers would prefer to have the windows left dry!

Surly if they are happy for 1 window to be left wet.................

formb

« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »
Surly if they are happy for 1 window to be left wet.................

I get what you are saying form, but what i am getting at is the fact that when i have finished a house i am walking away and all the windows are left dry,

like what i have said here
by the time i have finished my last window all the others are dry!

its not about how i leave one window wet and one window dry all windows will be dry when i leave!

Each to their own I suppose.

In my view if 1 way works why use 2?

Neil Gornall

« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2011, 05:17:16 pm »
I have been wfp for around 6 years and I don’t think I have ever lost a customer due to "windows left wet"

I think the real reason you blade after is because you don’t trust yourself to do the job properly in the first place. You need to learn to trust your equipment; many thousands of pounds and man hours have gone into developing it. AND IT WORKS!!!!

ALL my customers know their window will be wet when I am done, they also know that they will dry within a short time, (they are all sensible adults)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2011, 05:31:44 pm »
So what do you do when you blade them dry and it rains 10 mins later ??? ???

This thread has made me chuckle i have been WFP only a few months and i have had no complaints about the windows being left wet i just explain how the system works and they are happy!!

Ian101

« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »
Hi James .... just to confuse everybody  ;D ... even though I squeeged 3 customers windows yesterday I wont be doing anymore .... dont want the rot setting in as they all talk (getting paranoid in my old age) ... like to keep it simples ... wfp or nowt however still do bungalows trad as it suits me to do them that way ... made the decision this morning on way to round otherwise they will all want me to squeegee the ground floor windows and thats not the best way to clean windows IMHO .... one asked me today and said no sorry not the correct way to do it explained pure water all over again and I think it sank in this time.

Ian101

« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2011, 05:56:15 pm »
So what do you do when you blade them dry and it rains 10 mins later ??? ???

spot on ..... even though I bladed 3 yesterday ... blimey what have I started here  ;D ;D ;D

lee09

« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2011, 06:03:16 pm »
Hi James .... just to confuse everybody  ;D ... even though I squeeged 3 customers windows yesterday I wont be doing anymore .... dont want the rot setting in as they all talk (getting paranoid in my old age) ... like to keep it simples ... wfp or nowt however still do bungalows trad as it suits me to do them that way ... made the decision this morning on way to round otherwise they will all want me to squeegee the ground floor windows and thats not the best way to clean windows IMHO .... one asked me today and said no sorry not the correct way to do it explained pure water all over again and I think it sank in this time.

Good call Ian.
How long before they are asking for the sills to be dried off, and then perhaps the frames as well. You could then go fully trad  ;D
We clean windows, some with different methods but the end results are the same clean windows.
James you seem to think that customers prefer dry glass but they all have a choice of who they use and what method. For all your good ideas sometimes I think you over complicate things
Lee

« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2011, 06:36:06 pm »
hes obviously desperate for custys . why not offer to mop the water off the patios and sponge it up off the grass as well, and dont forget to get the hair dryer out and dry the walls.  you might pick 1 or 2 new custys up

Ian101

« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »
is that a Barry Mallet WFP top tip ??  ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »
hes obviously desperate for custys . why not offer to mop the water off the patios and sponge it up off the grass as well, and dont forget to get the hair dryer out and dry the walls.  you might pick 1 or 2 new custys up
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

james you do sound desperate for work with these pretty daft ideas!!SCRUB AND RINSE THEN MOVE ON TO THE NEXT WINDOW!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Handyman Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2011, 10:35:40 pm »
blading after is just bad business,
it shows no confidence in the concept of pure water
its slower
your useing more equipment = more overheads
Stephen C Brophy

« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2011, 10:56:04 pm »
blading after is just bad business,
it shows no confidence in the concept of pure water
its slower
your useing more equipment = more overheads

= more numptyheads

Handyman Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2011, 11:00:52 pm »
getting around ppls gardens with you pole hose getting caught on a slab thats 3mm to high is annoying enough let alone lugging a trad pole and squeeggee. 
Stephen C Brophy