This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Re: anyone else rained off or ill?
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 12:23:03 pm »
Pretty bad here in Chepstow too.  It's one of those rare days when being tired meets with bad weather.

Class!  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 12:24:56 pm »
Pretty bad here in Chepstow too.  It's one of those rare days when being tired meets with bad weather.

Class!  ;D

Worked from 8 am until about 11.30 and now rained off in bristol,
It's a game of three halves!

Tom White

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 12:54:04 pm »

Class!  ;D

We left the house late - and what a thicko I am.  I took my ladders off last night because I had a fair old drive to do, and then this morning I put the big ladder on the roof rack; it's for access mostly; tied it to the rear roof rack and then a neighbour appeared.

I got talking, and forgot to put the A Frame on top of the ladder and finish by securing it with a ladder clamp.

So effectively all I had was a big ladder on my roof rack, secured only to the rear roof rack only; and off we set out towards the 'sticks' (it's rich people week).  I was driving for about 20 minutes, I'd been round two roundabouts, but a gust of wind blew the ladders to one side and I pulled over to discover I'd been a thick Geordie git!

It could've been quite nasty I think!

By the time we got home it was starting to pour down.

Ross G

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 02:33:17 pm »

Class!  ;D

We left the house late - and what a thicko I am.  I took my ladders off last night because I had a fair old drive to do, and then this morning I put the big ladder on the roof rack; it's for access mostly; tied it to the rear roof rack and then a neighbour appeared.

I got talking, and forgot to put the A Frame on top of the ladder and finish by securing it with a ladder clamp.

So effectively all I had was a big ladder on my roof rack, secured only to the rear roof rack only; and off we set out towards the 'sticks' (it's rich people week).  I was driving for about 20 minutes, I'd been round two roundabouts, but a gust of wind blew the ladders to one side and I pulled over to discover I'd been a thick Geordie git!

I know that feeling was merrily driving along the city bypass (Edinburgh) a couple of years back  when out the corner of my eye I saw the old ladder clamps lying on the passenger side floor  :o, that's the only time i've been on that road and the traffic was crawling and I felt the happiest punter in the traffic jam

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 02:37:45 pm »
Rained & winded off. Don't mind working in light to medium rain but not in high winds!!!  I'm in the middle of a commercial job that requires me to use an SL2, not in these winds! ;D

Gonna start on my accounts later, get them sorted as I'll not be working tomorrow either by the looks of things. ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 02:44:12 pm »

Class!  ;D

I think most of us have had days like that sometime Tosh.  Mine came right off the rack once because I forgot to clamp it.  Fortunately it was low speed on a housing estate.  The ladder slid across the road into someone's parked car.  No damage as it just hit the tyres sideways on.
I actually don't mid a day or two off like this sometimes if I've money in the bank (which I have at the moment (for a little while).  It's just a bind when struggling.

Ste M

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 04:37:44 pm »
im going to be putting my van on a bit of my garden soon so i parked it there over the weekend to get the sizes so i can dig it all out soon and lay some hardcore, never thought nothing of it till i went to move it this morning, it was stuck solid, i tried pulling it out with my c-max but no luck so i had to get someone i know with a ldv twin axle to pull me out, lost over an hour with that, then i got my my first of 4 1st cleans and went to change my brush head that ive been having problems with, it stuck solid and took over ten minutes, then i had one of the ladies ask me to do her gutters which i hadnt planned for.

only good thing was that i had no rain at all and i got everything done that i need to, got 2 more new cleans to do tomorrow as well as another 12 regulars, ill be out at 8.30 and hopefully back for 1 and then bed for me ;D

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 04:50:20 pm »
ive been out this afternoon as it looked like the rain was clearing up!done an hours work then the heavens opened!torrential rain!

came home after earning the princely sum of £26! ::)

i really do hate weather like this.leadened skies and heavy showers and strong gusts.

i might even work the bank holidays now after saying i wasnt yesterday! ::) ::)
price higher/work harder!

matt

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 04:57:00 pm »
i took our 2 yr old daughter to swimming lessons, so had a late start ( 10.30 )

did a few houses and it hammered down

sat in the van playing on command and conquer for 1 and 1/2 hours ( damm the iphone battery ) and came home

pulled up home and it stopped raining

so i shot off and did a little inside work ( as i guessed it would start again as soon as i started , i was right )

prestige cleaners

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 04:57:15 pm »
why is it everytime we get behind with illness, weather, all the custies start coming out asking for extras, roofs, gutters, etc...

i know i shouldnt knock it cos its good extra money, but sods law aint it.

this week now ive got 2 patios and extra gutters that need doing, i even skipped one of the patios last time cos i was so busy

never mind no point worrying over it.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 05:05:55 pm »
its thunder and lightening here now!glad to be home and dry!! ;D ;D ;D

mogsy this always happens!ive got a few as well but i dont think theyll get done before easter!!

just get ready for the onslaught when the weather bucks up! ;) ;) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 10:09:22 pm »
been raining here again today i worked all day

paul rulton

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 10:22:25 pm »
2 answer ur question im both of them..... sick of being rained off  :(

dai

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:02 am »
Well' it's not getting any better is it. Rain and N' Westerly gales.
I am seriously behind now, just had one customer call and ask if I was still cleaning windows. My bank account has ben slowly ebbing since before Christmas. I could do with a couple of weeks fine weather.

paul rulton

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 11:01:57 am »
Well' it's not getting any better is it. Rain and N' Westerly gales.
I am seriously behind now, just had one customer call and ask if I was still cleaning windows. My bank account has ben slowly ebbing since before Christmas. I could do with a couple of weeks fine weather.
know that feeling m8  :(