This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stay white n bright window cleaning service

Re: 2 Weeks of canvassing starts today ... daily updates.
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 11:57:00 pm »
Hi , dont give up ,i remember when i started this time last year ,posted an whole village then only
email i got back was some guys cleaning for £5 per house.But 6 months latter got a call and pick up 1 which ended with picking another 9 ,some people save the leaflets .
I leafleted for the first two months when i started picked up 25+ custys,but picked up the next 100 by
word of mouth,you can leaflet a road get one custy ,then 6 months down the line you are doing 10+

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 08:29:28 am »
stay positive, now with all sales, in order to get a "yes" quickly, you need to be able to speak to someone, try a concerted knocking effort from 5-8pm the difference will be huge for you. Good friday is a good day as more people will be in during the bank holidays.

Try it - I am sure you will see a much bigger hit rate, book the clean in for the next day - don't worry about being slow to start with you will soon speed up and the first clean is always longer (I charge more for clean number one between 20-40% more) Then go home get washed up - look smart and knock from 5-8.

Keep us updated!

Good Luck
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

lcwalker

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42:32 am »
stay positive, now with all sales, in order to get a "yes" quickly, you need to be able to speak to someone, try a concerted knocking effort from 5-8pm the difference will be huge for you. Good friday is a good day as more people will be in during the bank holidays.

Try it - I am sure you will see a much bigger hit rate, book the clean in for the next day - don't worry about being slow to start with you will soon speed up and the first clean is always longer (I charge more for clean number one between 20-40% more) Then go home get washed up - look smart and knock from 5-8.

Keep us updated!

Good Luck

First cleans do take a while but it's worth getting the whole window  glass/frames/sill really clean because next time you go you will speed through them.

cleewindows

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 09:16:24 am »
my speed is good,done a 26 pound house last week in 40 minutes first clean,and doing tenner ones in less than half hour.

Keep us updated!

Good Luck

First cleans do take a while but it's worth getting the whole window  glass/frames/sill really clean because next time you go you will speed through them.

paul rulton

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 09:24:40 am »
clee, u when u get in2 ur stride u will more than double ur speed  ;D
i was trad 4 about 20years m8, & would b on my 5th house  with in the hour.... trust me ;D
u will b the same buddy  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 09:49:33 am »
try richy wilts he may av 1  ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

cleewindows

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 10:40:08 am »
im wfp m8!
I think if im making 30 quid a hour im happy.
clee, u when u get in2 ur stride u will more than double ur speed  ;D
i was trad 4 about 20years m8, & would b on my 5th house  with in the hour.... trust me ;D
u will b the same buddy  ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 10:45:51 am »
oh ::) sorry m8  ;D my miss understanding  ::)

Platinum

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 01:13:28 pm »
Good luck with the canvassing mate.

I canvassed an estate in st helens yesturday in the rain. Probably knocked on 50 + houses and got 0 customers.

Im pricing @ £5-6 a fortnight. Found out a guy whos just started is charging £2-3 for the full house. Just the way it goes sometimes.

The hardest part is when you arnt getting customers to stick at it.

Best of luck

Platinum

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2010, 01:30:14 pm »

Good Luck

Good advice

I always canvass between 5-8pm.
Weekends are best on a regualr week as many customers are not sitting down to dinner when you knock so they have more time for you.
Also onweekends you can go out earlier and catch more people in during the day.

Set yourself targets to work towards and beat. I always aim for 5 new customers minimum a week.
Last week  i picked up 8 in 30 mins. When you are confident and looking toexpand fast aim for 10 a week and see what results you get. When you have a target you are always more focused.

Out of curiosity how many new customers did everyone else average when canvassing ?

paul rulton

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2010, 01:43:24 pm »
8 in 30mins  :o  thats some going  :o  thats 1 every 4mins  :o
bet u thought it was xmas  ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 01:46:39 pm »
8 in 30mins  :o  thats some going  :o  thats 1 every 4mins  :o
bet u thought it was xmas  ;D

if done similar before about 12 in an hour or just over all pretty much next door at £10

but they had no cleaner and i hit the jackpot at right time and place

other days ive had nothing in 6 hours

canvassing is a funny business but the key is to be consistent eventually the average is good

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2010, 01:50:35 pm »
keep it up lads you will be there in no time, as  well as the leaflets and door knocking get listed on every free web listing you can find ;)
yell.com gumtree thomson local and loads of others

I never realised you could et yourself added to yell.com for free.  Cheers for the head up.

Ian101

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »
Best laid plans and all that ..... the Mrs tells me this morning that shes booked a suprise weekend away for us over Easter  :o ... well messed up my big canvassing plan for this easter weekend .... not happy but shes gone to a lot of trouble ...

Leafleted a nice big redrow type estate today over 250 leaflets put out but called it a day as blowing a gale / snow / rain / freezing cold .

Now rethinking my door knocking schedule ... not back to my other job until Monday 12th April so still got some time left to canvasss and leaflet.

Ian101

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2010, 02:11:49 pm »

I canvassed an estate in st helens yesturday in the rain. Probably knocked on 50 + houses and got 0 customers.

Im pricing @ £5-6 a fortnight. Found out a guy whos just started is charging £2-3 for the full house. Just the way it goes sometimes.

£2 to £3 quid ... 2 bed house ???

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2010, 02:17:22 pm »

I would not bother with that estate then if that is all someone is charging.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2010, 02:22:17 pm »

I would not bother with that estate then if that is all someone is charging.
back in the day that was gud money  ;D ;D

cleewindows

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2010, 03:48:23 pm »
just picked up a conservatory in n out  and windows for 52
Also i have picked up 3 more houses.
Delivered about 500 with the mrs.
Seems the local window cleaner has upset a few so will have some more to come.
Also had a rude man saying i dont want a window cleaner in a attitude voice.
I said it doesnt look like,he was well upset,lol
I smiled and said have a nice day!

Ian Mason

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2010, 05:22:16 pm »
Hi,

I just thought I would bump this back up & ask how Ian is doing with his canvassing at the moment?

The last I heard his Mrs had dragged him off on holiday, & I wondered if he had got back to knocking doors?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2010, 06:58:22 pm »
yes ian let us no lad  ;)