UK Window Cleaning Forum > Frequently Asked Questions & Useful Resources

Helping New Window Cleaners In Your Area...

(1/22) > >>

windows_chepstow:
This was done some months ago by Wavie Davie, but the thread has dissapeared.

Just recently there's been a few lads who've asked if anyone would take them out for a day to teach them how to clean windows.  Unfortunately, I don't think they had a great response as their requests were buried in other subject headed posts.

Also, often, new window cleaners are on a budget and can't afford to attend a BWCA course; therefore the next best alternative is to spend a day or two with a local window cleaner to learn the basics.

Remember though, if you can afford it; professional training is always superior to 'learning on the job' as this second method of instruction cannot and does not always provide the quality and consistancy of training a 'proper' course does.

Of course, in return for training the new window cleaner would be expected to provide a days work in exchange for the knowledge he's received. 

Just to be safe though, if I had any new window cleaners for a day; I'd teach them ladder safety; but wouldn't let them climb a ladder.  What would be the implications should he or she fall?  I wouldn't risk it.

They would also be expected to provide their own transport to my house and fit in with my normal routine.

All I'd expect in return would be a positive attitude and the minimum work I'd expect is for you to carry the bucket!

So if anyone wants to learn the traditional way of window cleaning in the South East Wales area; e-mail me.

Who else would be willing to help a new window cleaner? 

Don't forget to state the area you work in and what methods you use (ie traditional or WFP).

If there's enough replies; I'll make this post a 'sticky'.

Roy Harding:
I Would take someone for the day.

Water fed pole and Traditional Monmouth, Ross-on-Wye area.

Roy :)

gaza:
ALLREADY HELPED TWO ON HERE WITH ADVICE,WILLING TO HELP ANYONE  FOR A DAY OR TWO.GREAT BED AND BREAKFAST AROUND NOTTINGHAM.
WILLING TO SHOW THEM FROM POINT ONE CANVASSING ,TRAD/ WFP THE LOT, AND A BEER DRINKING COMP TO FOLLOW.
                                                                                                                          GAZA

The Bear:
I'd gladly train someone, could even find work for them.

North Derbyshire

Perfectly Clean:
Hi,
Is very any one in the Surrey area who would like to take on a dim wit for a day?

I seem to be getting the hang of it I.E WFP but I know there are things which I could do better, just need a helping hand.

Many Thanks Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version