This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Re: SL-2 Virgin. Any advice welcome.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:04 pm »
Best of luck, if you want any help or advice while you are on site gives us a call on my mobile and I will try to help

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 11:17:23 pm »
Cheers. ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 05:09:22 pm »
Any other oppinoins from sl2 users?

StanA

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 05:28:50 pm »
If you insist on going sideways, then walk the pole along the wall, also extend your distance away from the building so the the angle of the pole is more shallow.

DO NOT GO AROUND THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING AT THIS HEIGHT

The distance I normally work at is up to 30' 6 to 10 from the side of the building I then move backwards 1' for every 6' to 10' I go up in height

That's pretty much how I've done things at 50' (not used SL" at 60' yet).  I do work sideways but walk it along the wall if conditions are a bit tricky.  If there is wind and it seems to be in a consistent direction, I start at the end the wind is coming from.  I tend not to go around the corner if possible anyway with the pole at that height.  I just remove a section or two and start at the window below where I initially began (or thereabouts depending on window layouts).
I take your point about working downwards but I too would be concerned about water coming down the walls and ruining my work.  If conditions were so tricky that I needed to resort to this, I would attempt to go onto another job and resume on a less windy day (not always practical I know).

windowswashed

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 08:38:55 pm »
Try getting high level work done as a priority over lower level work when the wind speed is at it's minimum in the week. Check weather forecasts.

I wouldn't work sideways above 45ft. From one side of building working my way down to 30-35ft then move around corner very cautiously before starting next wall. May not be any wind where you are standing but the wind at the top or above a building can whip it right out of your hands if you are not aware of strong side gusts. Even worst when the tall building you are working on is higher than surrounding buildings.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 10:06:18 pm »
Another thing- What length do you guys lift the pole up from the ground before adding sections up the wall?

mark dew

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 10:08:16 pm »
i pick up with 5 sections at the most. I usually slot 4 together and then add sections while the pole is upright against the wall.

williamx

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 10:12:43 pm »
4 sections

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »
i pick up with 5 sections at the most. I usually slot 4 together and then add sections while the pole is upright against the wall.

Thanks Mark, I take it you just slide the back of the goosneck up the wall?

To be honest, I may not need 60ft (hoping not now ;D) I estimate 55ft max, but had to be sure as, like I said, there is a strict time frame to do this job in.

Let's hope it's only 50ft!!! ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 10:21:06 pm »
4 sections

On gardiners video/instructions they lift it up at 40ft.

Is 4 sections all the tapers then, can't remember how many tapered sections there are, it's in it's holdall under the bed. Must get it out & get more familiar with it :o

williamx

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 10:23:25 pm »
There are 6 sections marked 1 to 6, then if you need to go higher just kept on adding no6 sections

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 10:27:22 pm »
There are 6 sections marked 1 to 6, then if you need to go higher just kept on adding no6 sections

Thanks pHC.

I like the rubber end protectors on each section, at least I should be able to put the base down while I move any removed sections. ;)

williamx

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 10:30:19 pm »

Thanks pHC.

I like the rubber end protectors on each section, at least I should be able to put the base down while I move any removed sections. ;)

You will need to check these at times, because they come loose, so even though they are there don't bang the pole ends on the ground.