Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Fiat Doblo 1.3 multijet TD, how impressed am I?
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:00:53 pm »
Was recently forced into quickly buying a new van as my kangoo's immobiliser/transponder packed in & given it's age etc. wasn't economical to fix when down time was added into the equasion too & have a new blue chip commercial next week.

Anyway, was looking at a expert/dispatch but "the right one" just wasn't there & I couldn't wait for it.

I ended up buying an '07 fiat doblo 1.3 mutijet as it was a steal, real bargain just to get me back on the road reliably.

WOW, what a van! (I've had a few vans) I can't emphasise enough just how impressed I am with this van! It's like a tardis, big cab, big load space, 6 doors, 730kg payload. I was worried once I got it fully laden with 400ltr tank & all gear inc' trad gear the 1.3 power plant would dissapear & beg for mercy! No way, it hardly makes any difference. Yes, honestly, unbelievable, can't quite accept how good this little fiat van is! The rear end doesn't even lower much either when fully tanked up! Comfy, quiet, smooth & very economical.

I now have no plans to change it. :D :D :D

2007, FSH, Cat1 alarm,cd/radio, 34k, roof bars with rear roller, T&T, ply lined, mint condition with all original booklets/handbooks in wallet- £3250 (no vat) ;D ;D ;D

kris martin

Re: Fiat Doblo 1.3 multijet TD, how impressed am I?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:04:58 pm »
i have the 1.9 multijet diesel and i have to agree, i love the six doors makes things so much easier and it does 45+ mpg  ;D

love it

no grumbles from me

kris

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:59:05 pm »
sounds good to me!i usually stay away from anything with a "fiat" badge.i might change my mind!!im gettin a van in a couple of months and ill have about 3grand or so to spend.do you think ill get 12-14 25lt containers in the back??as well as trolley and trad gear??? ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

paul rulton

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:05:05 am »
sounds good to me!i usually stay away from anything with a "fiat" badge.i might change my mind!!im gettin a van in a couple of months and ill have about 3grand or so to spend.do you think ill get 12-14 25lt containers in the back??as well as trolley and trad gear??? ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
i can fit that in my astra vav ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 07:37:58 am »
fiat and citreon diesal engine are some of the best you can buy.you have no problem

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 09:04:08 am »
are you sure the fiat doblo is not just 500kg payload??esp the 1.3 version?? :o :o :o
price higher/work harder!

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 09:48:22 am »
fiat and citreon diesal engine are some of the best you can buy.you have no problem
not going to agree on the citreon engine having no problems, I had to replace my engine at 25,000 miles so sticks in my gullit a bit
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 10:32:51 am »
how much did replacement citroen engine cost? To buy and install?

John Walker

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 12:32:42 pm »
Your Fiat 1.3 mjt diesel engine is more or less the same as fitted to my Fiat 500.  Power to weight ration is excellent so it's quite nippy and with all that torque great for safe overtaking.

I believe Fiat have produced a few million of these engines and they are highly respected.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

davidpitts

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 12:42:41 pm »
Great van, I got mine new just over 3 years ago, payload is 700kg and its running just like first day I got it, hopefully I will get another 5 or 6 years out of it.  :)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 03:20:57 pm »
It's the same engine that vauxhall use in the combo van & new corser! ;)

The payload is deffo not 500kg.

To be honest I had pre-conceived oppinions about these vans, thought they wouldn't be up to much, I was very , very wrong.

Been out today, still amazed that's a 1.3 under the bonnet! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 03:40:30 pm »
No one listens to me  :'( ;D - I've had my Doblo 1.3SLX multijet TD (they are actually only a 1250cc!) from new on a 56 plate (Nov 06). I have a 400L insulated tank and it is 736kg payload. I'm only on 20,500 miles in 3 and a half years and it's power is amazing.

It's got a trip computer and stop start driving gives me 42mpg and when I go a few miles further a field I get 50mpg.

And it's road tax is cheaper cuz it is sub 1500cc or low emissions or summat!

I've just put a towbar on it too ...
It's a game of three halves!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 03:44:26 pm »
No one listens to me  :'( ;D - I've had my Doblo 1.3SLX multijet TD (they are actually only a 1250cc!) from new on a 56 plate (Nov 06). I have a 400L insulated tank and it is 736kg payload. I'm only on 20,500 miles in 3 and a half years and it's power is amazing.

It's got a trip comouter and stop start driving gives me 42mpg and when i go a few miles further a field I get 50mpg.

I'm sure my fuel guage is broken!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I have read some of your posts about the doblo Malc, I'll take you seriousley from now on! ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 08:25:50 pm »
I'm getting 48mpg fully loaded just knocking about! ;D ;D ;D

niceandclean

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 08:36:01 pm »

C.C.S.

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »
Was recently forced into quickly buying a new van as my kangoo's immobiliser/transponder packed in & given it's age etc. wasn't economical to fix when down time was added into the equasion too & have a new blue chip commercial next week.

Anyway, was looking at a expert/dispatch but "the right one" just wasn't there & I couldn't wait for it.

I ended up buying an '07 fiat doblo 1.3 mutijet as it was a steal, real bargain just to get me back on the road reliably.

WOW, what a van! (I've had a few vans) I can't emphasise enough just how impressed I am with this van! It's like a tardis, big cab, big load space, 6 doors, 730kg payload. I was worried once I got it fully laden with 400ltr tank & all gear inc' trad gear the 1.3 power plant would dissapear & beg for mercy! No way, it hardly makes any difference. Yes, honestly, unbelievable, can't quite accept how good this little fiat van is! The rear end doesn't even lower much either when fully tanked up! Comfy, quiet, smooth & very economical.

2007, FSH, Cat1 alarm,cd/radio, 34k, roof bars with rear roller, T&T, ply lined, mint condition with all original booklets/handbooks in wallet- £3250 (no vat) ;D ;D ;D
i have to say you got a cracking deal.i just got one 2007 with 46k for £3995 plus vat,730 kg payload including driver.,6 doors.very spacious for a small van

John Walker

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 09:03:47 pm »

Here's a report on the Fiat 1.3 MJT engine - it's a cracker!

http://www.carpages.co.uk/fiat/fiat-multijet-diesel-engine-04-06-05.asp
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 10:02:05 pm »

i have to say you got a cracking deal.i just got one 2007 with 46k for £3995 plus vat,730 kg payload including driver.,6 doors.very spacious for a small van

Yeah, it was a private sale. Electrician who'd lost his main contract (council). He needed the cash 'till his work built back up. Five months back he spent £530 on the cat1 alarm/central locking system & £150 on new roof bars with rear roller. I have all the reciepts & warranties. Had to make a 360 mile round trip to get it mind. ;)

Cracking little van, engine is so quiet too.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 10:10:56 pm »

It's got a trip computer and stop start driving gives me 42mpg and when I go a few miles further a field I get 50mpg.

And it's road tax is cheaper cuz it is sub 1500cc or low emissions or summat!

I've just put a towbar on it too ...

Malc, how much is your road tax?

C.C.S.

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 10:12:05 pm »
i'm trying to signwrite my doblo was wondering where i can find a blank so i can write down what i want and do my own design.thank you

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 10:18:15 pm »
i'm trying to signwrite my doblo was wondering where i can find a blank so i can write down what i want and do my own design.thank you

Someone might put a link up, I've seen it on here before, you can download the blank.

scottt24

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 10:24:20 pm »
sounds like a smart little van, can you fit the larger size poles inside ???
Thanks,
              Scott

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 10:31:03 pm »
sounds like a smart little van, can you fit the larger size poles inside ???

Mine's got a factory bulkhead in but I can fit a 25ft slx complete with brush, angle adaptor & swivel in diagonally.

For next winter though I'll cut holes in the bulkhead to let warm air through.

scottt24

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »
hi winpro, what is the closed length of that pole?
Thanks,
              Scott

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »
hi winpro, what is the closed length of that pole?

Couldn't tell you off-hand mate, but it's short. If you look on gardiners website it will tell you on there. www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

slendersunfish

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 02:57:48 pm »
sorry to bring up an old thread but i was wondering what 400ltr tank you have in your doblo as i want one for mine too !
Is it a lay flat and do you know the dimensions

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 04:01:12 pm »
sorry to bring up an old thread but i was wondering what 400ltr tank you have in your doblo as i want one for mine too !
Is it a lay flat and do you know the dimensions

It's a standard 400ltr baffled lay flat. It fits in with ease. I've often thought about an upright to free up some floor space but I often fetch/carry things with it & the flat tank is handy as you can put anything on top of it, it's very strong!

C.C.S.

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 04:14:02 pm »
i have a doblo and just bought a 400l upright tank.didn;t fit it yet but seems to fit just perfect.i was wondering for those who have a  400l upright in  a doblo where it's the best place to fit it?i was thinking just after the side doors si i can still use them.cheers

tws

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 06:26:23 pm »
i really wanted a citron van looked at loads all bad than someone offered me a 1.9 fiat doblo with factory bulk head it was mint for 02 plate not really used as a van more like a car.
 its doing 41mpg and pulls like a train i gave £1500 for it and im shocked how good it is, new exhaust new boots all round.
 he even put a new radiator on it cos the old one leaked,everywhere  i go people people are amazed best bit is its yellow and stands out from the crowd,i,ll put a photo up when i work out how to do it  ::)

dd

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:22 pm »
New ones go upto 1000kg payload.

What puts me off a bit though is the stop/start system and the independent bi-link rear suspension. 2 more things to potentially go wrong. Prefer things as simple as possible, thus less likely to have large repair bills and breakdowns.

mark311069

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 08:27:23 pm »
this my fiat doblo it got it brand new on a 08 plate, its a great van. will soon be getting another one to expand the business.

TonyD

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 08:35:37 pm »
I have the 1.9 JTD, been the best van I've ever had, 80k miles on it now and never missed a beat.  Definitely recommended from me too.   

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 08:42:23 pm »
Well, after 5 months I'm still so impressed with the Doblo. Infact, the only problem I've found is there is no flat surface in the cab to put my flask cup on!!!!!