Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: small extraction machine
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 06:21:00 pm »
The all new zippy from us Polarbrite, will be on our stand at windex, a handy little machine.

derek west

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 06:27:14 pm »
The all new zippy from us Polarbrite, will be on our stand at windex, a handy little machine.
i'll have a look at that craig when i'm there. whats the price tag?
not sure about the name though, me thinks this is another sticker moment ;D

god i'm a fussy bugger. ;D

gordon fraser

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 06:28:06 pm »
We use a Truvox identical to the aquarius just a different colour. Great for spot & stain removal .My son hammers it into the ground cleaning car interiors with no problems :)

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 06:29:23 pm »
499.00 , sticker moment????!

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 06:30:55 pm »
for another month 490.00 though

derek west

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 06:33:04 pm »
We use a Truvox identical to the aquarius just a different colour. Great for spot & stain removal .My son hammers it into the ground cleaning car interiors with no problems :)

how much is the truvox one?, there at carpex as well i think.

only want a cheapo craig.

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 06:33:04 pm »
Derek, until you buy the machine you want,  ive got a numatic ctd900-2 in my garage just give me a shout anytime if you ever need to use it. And by all means if you decide not to buy a machine its here whenever you need it I only live on Kingsmead so its not far from you.

Paul    

derek west

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »
cheers paul.
Kingsmead? thought you were up in hartford.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 06:46:10 pm »
I have a Numatic ctd900 like Paul for spots, you can have mean for £100. Want to be honest with you tho, its load as f****k! all Numatics are.

I dont bother with "spots only" now (hence why i want to sell it), its the whole room or nothing.

Tony

derek west

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 06:55:10 pm »
i have a minimum call out whether its a stain or a whole room, with a spotter a stain will take 15 mins, a whole room with the trucky about 30 mins, same charge. so on that bombshell,

plus if you do the stain, they'll notice the rest of the carpet is dirty and have you back to do the whole room. "double money"

always thinking ;D

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 06:57:09 pm »
cheers paul.
Kingsmead? thought you were up in hartford.

No Mate thats the office address, hartford business centre.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 07:00:50 pm »
Personaly, i wouldn't leave the clients house with a big or small clean patch that stands out like a sore thumb..
Obviously not double the money but a customer for life and cheerleader at that for saving them money and being honest etc. Even better thinking wouldn't you say? :)

Anyways, thats how i roll. Each to thier own :)

Tony

derek west

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 07:05:21 pm »
sounds logical ;)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 07:16:10 pm »
Tony

I follow your logic and in some circumstances I would agree with you. However....

What would you do if the carpet was brand new and somebody spilt a glass of red wine over it? Would you really only clean the WHOLE room? Also, whilst I agree that it's pointless removing a stain and having a clean mark and therefore the whole room needs to be cleaned the opposite it also true.

What if you convince the client that the whole room needs cleaning but then you can't get the stain out which was the whole reason that the client called you in the first place? I'm assuming you would at least clean the stain first and then assuming it came out you would then clean the rest of the room. You wouldn't, surely, clean the whole room and then apologise for the fact the stain was still in the carpet.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 07:28:54 pm »
Roger

Sorry I should have made myself clear. In the very few jobs I get where the carpet is brand new and something has been spilt then i will treat just the stain and the min charge kicks in.
But as i say, i get these once in a blue moon (where the carpet in question is a few months old) and when i do get them from now on, i'll use the porty with hand tool.

And depending how i feel and how busy i am, i wont charge if i cant remove the stain if its a stain only job.

p.s. I always treat the stain first before cleaning the carpet.

Tony

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 07:46:51 pm »
Thanks Tony

All is now clear.

Roger :)
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

clinton

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 08:04:33 pm »
Derek

I have a similar spotter like the one you have seen on ebay and mine is a truvox,it was 199,its light easy to carry and ha a good hand tool and a wand and easy storage on the rear door of my van..

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 09:24:41 pm »
Derek,

I'v been on equip2clean.co.uk and it looks as if its the same company as the one on ebay

Regards

Daryl

gordon fraser

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2010, 09:37:18 pm »
Hi Derek sorry not sure of Truvox price. I picked mine up on here 8mth old £80  ;D