This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: Windex Why?
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 02:34:43 pm »
Well alright then. Purification stuff, brushes, pumps and whatever then.
Better equipment won't change anything, just cost you money!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »
ok rog

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 02:42:06 pm »
So basically you can't answer it...

It's just an excuse for people with big businesses to get together and pat each other on the back and boast, and look to at £500 poles and stuff and say "Ooh...I don't like the 173 degree angle of that..." etc...

To the average window cleaner it would be interesting but that's it.

Pj

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »
So, apart from straight roads, sewers, baths, central heating, fresh water systems etc etc

What did the Romans ever do for us then?
 ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 02:46:02 pm »
Rog

Damn you found us out it is all true.

You had better not come then.

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 03:24:59 pm »
Is there a charge for entry?

mark dew

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 03:40:36 pm »
It's just an excuse for people with big businesses to get together and pat each other on the back and boast, and look to at £500 poles and stuff and say "Ooh...I don't like the 173 degree angle of that..." etc...

To the average window cleaner it would be interesting but that's it.

It's not for me but if i thought about employing i would go and network. I also reckon those big businesses when patting each other on the back are maybe sealing a deal for a business opportunity.  ;D

But like i say, not for me at this moment in time.

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 06:53:05 pm »
Us companies that have a stand, spend alot of money to show, so we obviously have equipment we think is new and of interest not just to the large companies but also small, we have some good bolt on on products.

large successful companies are successful for a reason they have worked hard and reinvested lots of money.

Most window cleaners want to better them selves and expand, however some have the total wrong attitude no corporate clothing maybe no h&s policy etc or even insurance, and these are the ones that have to save for a basic pole etc and comment on the car you drive (not seeing that sometimes you work till midnight), so its prude to re invest , because this is how companies grow, the opportunity is there for all.

summery these shows are there for a reason.

Susan @ MB Window Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:03 pm »
Is there a charge for entry?

It's free to go to! Just go online and register and they'll send you an ID badge  ;D

Susan

Ste M

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »
I went to my first trade show in blackpool, it gave me the chance to see all the products and actually have a go of them whilst asking some questions, i also got hte opportunity to speak to fellow wc's and also ask questions and learn little tricks. You will see the best of the stuff out there at trade shows and also have the chance to network and speak to people in the same line of business as yourself.

However if your happy plodding along as your are at the moment and you dont want to move on and learn then stay at home or just go out and clean. I am personally going to leave my house as early as possible to go down on the thursday and then leave at 12.30 ish to get back for a job at 2.30, in the two hours im there i know i will learn what i need to learn and also buy what i need to buy.

Why slag off trade shows where you actually go outside and talk to real people face to face, but then sit at home on the internet all day talking to cyber people ???

wizard

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 08:47:39 pm »
I cannot believe that there are member who wnat to make money out of window cleaning and wont take the time to invest in your own futher,not speaking money but time.To be imformed on what is going on in your industry is what divides the businesses from the self employed.Happy to plod along is not for me but for those who are happy to.Well less to compeat with.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 11:23:23 pm »
I cannot believe that there are member who wnat to make money out of window cleaning and wont take the time to invest in your own futher,not speaking money but time.To be imformed on what is going on in your industry is what divides the businesses from the self employed.Happy to plod along is not for me but for those who are happy to.Well less to compeat with.
How many people are going to come up to you and say "can you do my windows please?"
Not many I doubt.

I'm sorry, but I won't buy it until someone's a bit less vague than "To be informed" or "To network" or "To see the future"

How exactly can you be better off for a jolly to brag with other window cleaners about poles?

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 11:42:24 pm »
Didn't you say exactly the same about wfp? There were no benefits, you were the fastest trader this side of the pecos mountains, you spent half your time loafing in the caff' but still knocked out a wage wandering around chepstow balancing your ladders on a push bike.

.....Then we have brand the new van, sl2, edgy signwriting, and a new improved been to the gym rog.You've made a mint since you switched, and even take the mick out of your mate because he still drives a rickshaw.

If anyones an advert for progress and enlightenement it's you.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:13 am »
Hi Rog (Squeeky Clean),
I and many others spent a good 6 months and a lot of thought trying to convince a doubting thomas to see the light and "go waterfed and save your life", glad your still here  :). It was very very very difficult .

But I aint going to spend another minute trying to do the same to open your eyes to Windex specially as you have now become a supplier with your own blinkered point of view and agenda. You no longer need our help to see the possibilities as your a businessman. As you said above "I wont buy it", I agree with Clive

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2010, 06:58:21 am »
 ;D guys at the end of the day These shows are just the bigger picture of window cleaning and just cost you time and some petrol to go,shows are free I am there when these shows are being set up and the work behind it is quite some thing ::) to watch and come together its all about finding out whats new what works best,one day there will be a squeegee on the market thats like a formular 1 car for me that will go as fast as I want,you know what theres not one yet they all have there restrictions ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

jonnyald

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 07:18:31 am »
this "bigger picture " , is this where the "godfathers" of the window cleaning world get together and slice up thecake on the big jobs?

is there an inner circle who says stuff like---
 "nobody moves south of the Thames without my say so " etc etc  ?

or have i been watching to many films?  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2010, 07:35:30 am »
As someone said earlier.

It is very sad spending a day at Windex, touching and feeling all the new equipment, talking to fellow window cleaners.

Why would anyone want to do that when you can spend up to 1000 hours a year on cleanitup instead,

Windex  total waste of time  ;D

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2010, 07:43:22 am »
How can anyone serious about their business say that a trade show is a waste of time.
Even if you get nothing out of it (i fail to see how) you will be keeping abreast of ideas that the industry that you have chosen to work in has to offer.

Ok many (and i wont quote figures because i dont know them) will not go to network to increase their business precense,but surely an individual wc could gain some benfit and motivation from being at such an event.

Live in the dark ages at your own peril,because like it or not the industry that you make a living from is changing rapidly and those at the forefront will become the players in the future.

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2010, 08:35:49 am »
I would love to go, I really wanted to attend the HSE seminars.

When Willis (is it Mr Willis?) asked me on here a couple of weeks ago I would have loved to have said yes.

In all honesty the reason Im not going is I CANNOT do enclsoed places with lots of people. Maybe its clostrophobia, is that why I work outside  ;D

Also the jolly in the evenings wouldnt be  my cup of tea.

Having said that I would love to meet the suppliers that I talk to on the phone, Id love to fondle someones pole, whats that recent one that Brodex have brought out?

Theres no doubt in my generally 'closed but trying to keep open' mind that something like Windex can only be a good thing. Suppliers listening to customers first-hand was the first thing that sprang to mind, hearing what they want, what bugs them and what they love can only be good.

Id also like to think I could be a 'player' in this grand old game, but thats not who I am. Thats just not me. But well done to those who are going, I guess if we didnt have these kind of events our industry would be 15 years behind itself; Im sure these things make us a 'WE' instead of a 'ME'.
Matt

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2010, 08:52:44 am »
Didn't you say exactly the same about wfp? There were no benefits, you were the fastest trader this side of the pecos mountains, you spent half your time loafing in the caff' but still knocked out a wage wandering around chepstow balancing your ladders on a push bike.

I think you're thinking of someone else thanks.
I don't do cafes and I've never used a bike at work, always had a car. ???