This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Don't take the harris
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:19:21 am »
Sorry I thought the topic title was catchy been up to long, anyway

Those of you that have converted a harris pole and added extra section or made longer.
Can you please let me know how this is done and where to get the parts from.

A person has asked me this question and I do not know the answer, my vid on youtube is just a standard harris conversion.

Thanks guys

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

matt

Re: Don't take the harris
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:09:20 am »
Ian, why don't you just go down the fishing pole route?  I use a Harris for routine two story jobbies, but use the 'fishing pole' for higher work.  I just keep the poles in a ski bag.

oh a ski bag, thats a good idea  ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:41:00 am »
Ian, why don't you just go down the fishing pole route?  I use a Harris for routine two story jobbies, but use the 'fishing pole' for higher work.  I just keep the poles in a ski bag.
Welcome back tosh,

This is not for me, a person has watched my youtube vid to make a wfp (harris) but has asked can it be extended and where to get the stuff needed from.

I do not know the answer and said I would find out, I know it has been done, I have not tried and to busy for a few weeks to have a bash.

Hoping someone on here can give me the answers.

Ian

p.s I will have a go on the fishing pole
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

paul saunders

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:05:03 pm »
A 5ft unger no1 section instead of the brush handle, just drill a hole through both sections when exteded, then put a bolt through to stop it spining.
Also, if you get a second haris pole and take out the fist  section, remove the plastic end cap off of the first pole and then inssert the second section from the second pole into the bottom and fix wiith a bolt.
This will give you an  extender modular combo of about 30 ft
Hope that helps and make sense lol
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:06:22 pm »
A 5ft unger no1 section instead of the brush handle, just drill a hole through both sections when exteded, then put a bolt through to stop it spining.
Also, if you get a second haris pole and take out the fist  section, remove the plastic end cap off of the first pole and then inssert the second section from the second pole into the bottom and fix wiith a bolt.
This will give you an  extender modular combo of about 30 ft
Hope that helps and make sense lol
cheers  ;D

wizard

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:29:25 pm »
I have lengthened a harries pole by adding the Harris yellow fibre glass pole .I removed the alum section that is in the yellow harries pole, just cut the top off which has the clip section. Then I got hold of a curtain rain its made of alloy and is 2 mm large than the two sections of Harris  pole. I cut 10 inches of the curtain rail and epoxy glue it in top of the yellow pole 5 inches deep on the yellow The alu pole fits into this curtain rail section. The alu Harris needs to be build up with a bit if fibre glass it fit the alu pole snogly. Of course the fibre glassed  matting  must be sanded down to have a snug fit. I have added two sections but one will reach 3rd floor. I have added 4 more in total but even with a super light brush its very wobbly.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 05:11:51 pm »
Does any one know if the pole end insert that is in the window cleaning warehouse catalogue be suitable foe the end of a Harris pole ?

Also where's the best place to buy the pole hose that's needed.

Thanks

windowinfo

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 05:37:25 pm »
Hey Murdie,
 you can get it all from B&Q pole , tube , "y" splitters,  broom stick for screw end .
just need to get snap fit connector and flagged brush!!.
 simple stuff!!!

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 07:48:23 pm »
Thanks, I'll go in at the weekend with my shopping list

wizard

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 08:34:44 pm »
Not all B&Q have these items if you are stuck try Halfords they have Y and joiners If you take the 6 mm strait joiner and insert a 4 mm one in it with epoxy it will make a good water jet for emergencies.