This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tacky

Re: What do you do when a gate is locked ?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 08:23:10 pm »
in back of van i have one of them short red battering rams . pc plod uses .      £50 in b n q . they dont lock the gates anymore on my round

dai

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 09:48:49 pm »
Dead easy this one!
Best bit of kit in my van is a broom stale with a 2" screw in it, providing there is no padlock on the bolt the stale will manipulate the bolt open!
Lee

I use a crowbar.  Seriously   ;D  .
It's OK. I don't rip their gates open.
I sometimes lean over on a stepladder and hook the crowbar around the bolt.  It also has enough beef to tap the bolt aside if needed.  I used to do this with a claw hammer but some of the gates are fairly high with the bolt a fair way down so the crowbar is better as it's longer.
And there you all were thinking that I smash their gates to bits  :)

I'm just the window cleaner Mr Plodd, honestly I am.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 10:39:02 pm »
split ladders and climb over or lean over and bash the bolt open with my T MOP if i need that extra reach!! :) ;).if its a real hassle then i just do front only.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

elfords

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 10:50:25 pm »
never climb over anymore as its to easy to slip or damage the gate etc. Now always text night before and rarely get let down. If I do they just get done what is accessible and are charged the full price as stated in my terms they have agreed to. They don`t tend to forget much thereafter.
Gary

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:40 pm »
one or two of my bigger houses i phone the night before for access and they leave a cheque or cash in an agreed place! ;)but i couldnt be bothered with doing it every night! ::)
price higher/work harder!

gcostin

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 12:14:38 am »
i use a box section market stall bar, perfect for catching the bolt and openening and shutting when finished.

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 07:41:30 am »
semtex always works great  bit noisy  but you will never have access problem again.
you play the xbox??

On topic, climb over if high ladders split and go over, I did try doing the if not open leave it, but far to many losses doing this and as said already excercise with wfp is minimal so helps to not get overly fat.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

stephen s

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 07:46:03 am »
I call all my customers up the night before and if they forget to unlock the gate I just pop a note through the door to say I have called and will call back another time.

its no big issue its kust people being human and forgetting,   I certainly don't let it ruin my day to the point where I have to come on here and tell everyone how hard done by I feel,   I mean we have plenty enough people on here who do that much better so leave it to the pro's is what I say

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 08:09:39 am »
Who's moaned Stephen s ?

Not me, infact i havent had a gate locked for a while, just wondered what other people did IF the gate was locked
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

stephen s

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 08:14:08 am »
Who's moaned Stephen s ?

Not me, infact i havent had a gate locked for a while, just wondered what other people did IF the gate was locked

I wasn't referring to your post chief I was referrring to the countless posts you get on here about people winging about custy said leave it this month or gates locked and wanting everyone to feel sorry for them and comdem the customer in question.

give it a few days and you will see exactly what I mean.

lee_dewing

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 05:20:29 pm »
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Johnny B

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:27 pm »
I always ask permission from the outset to climb over the gate if it is locked and they are not home. I explain how I do it and almost all are happy to leave me to it. Any that aren't just have the fronts done. They are OK with this and so am I.  :)

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

lee_dewing

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:41 pm »
i'm same as you window wipes, text night before.

probably 75% i can show up and do.

I hate text'ing custy's makes my day too rigid also never 100 % sure of weather.

If custy forgets  i use ladder to climb over split into two sections 1 over either side of gate.

I have back pack and trolley getting a bit of pain trying to lug over back pack.

gonna get hozlelock hose reel, the green enclosed one, and connect to backpack or trolley.

also gonna get combination padlock, and lock trolley or backpack to custy's gate, so no g1t runs off with, while i'm 50 foot away with pole ;D

only other option is do front or frontand side, and charge for that.

People always forget sooner or later to unlock, rather do if i can and not have inconvienance of coming back.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle