This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian_Giles

Re: cheque bounce
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 08:37:17 pm »
Yeah, was a piece of cake.

Over time I got so fed up with being charged for everything.

At one point my business account statements were only about 6 lines long on a single sheet of paper yet it was still costing me about a tenner a month in charges (in credit at all times too)
Personal account was about 4 or 5 pages long and totally free.

Hence I binned the business one and worked off the personal one.

I still have my business name of course, but simply ask customers to write any cheques out to me personally.
On my invoices I also have my bank details and give them the option of paying online, which many now do, ditto many of my commercial accounts.

The bank has occasionally queried me about it, but I point out I don't pay that many cheques in and that I am a small, sole trader.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

p1w1

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 09:06:24 pm »
Maybe worth looking into a bit more I am currently focusing on getting all customers to pay online but i'm starting to get a bit peed with the amount i'm paying in charges.

thanks
paul

Dennis Taylor

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 09:25:33 pm »
A shame you returned the cheque, you can re-submit it up to 3 times, and if it bounces each time the guy will get charged by his bank for doing so...so even if you can't get your money out of him, you can at least cost him about £15.00 every time it bounces¬!!

Ian

And you get charged as well ( about £7.50)  so don't keep representing it unless you know it will clear.

ccmids

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:53 pm »
ive not got a business acount .

dai

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 10:23:36 pm »
I have the same as Ian, two personal accounts with HSBC, one I only use for business, and like him the have queried it a couple of times.
I just say Ok I'll close the account, but then they always back down, being doing it for 15 years now, and I don't get charged for rubber cheques either.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:54 pm »
i have been using personal account does it matter there not seperate?

or just convenient to have 2?

dai

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »
i have been using personal account does it matter there not seperate?

or just convenient to have 2?
Having a separate account for your business makes your book keeping a hell of a lot simpler.
You know that apart from what you draw for wages all credits and debits are business related.

wizard

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 11:18:57 pm »
I was told you do not have to have a business account Just use a trading name and I put on my invioices all cheques made out to my name. A custy question it and I took advice on it.Told no problem.
What I also put in my terms of business a clause stating that all cost of refusal of cheques by the bank will be to the Payer account aswell a legal costs related to the cheque recovery.This is on the back of my invoices.

ccmids

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 04:37:06 pm »
its been a week now still no ones got intouch about the bouncey cheque , what next??

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 04:44:04 pm »
you gota give him a knock
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

ccmids

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 04:47:01 pm »
were :D

ccmids

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »
do you recon a week is long enough to wait

jonnyald

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 04:48:19 pm »
folk who bounce cheques are in a mess . i would have been round there pronto to get cash or a promise of the cash,and back to follow it up .  there is a good saying "its the wheel that squeaks,that gets the grease !"

ccmids

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 09:12:49 pm »
cheers ill nip round with my grease.  :) thanks ill let you know what happens.

cockney rebel

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 08:40:33 am »
I've had that happen to me a few times. My bank charges me £6.00 so i charge the customer that so im not out of pocket. Had one bounce for £7.00, so with my charge of £6.00 as well, and there banks charge which was £20 it cost them £33 in the end. I don't understand why people give cheques if they ain't got the money in the bank.