This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Debt management how do you
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:39:01 pm »
Just wondering how everyone on here manages there debt.

What have you put in place for late payments

What payment methods do you accept

what is the best method of payment for you.

night time Collecting is not an option

Would love to hear other peoples views

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

daz1977

Re: Debt management how do you
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:00:51 pm »
i use to go collecting at night but changed it to a sat morning,  am going to start bank payment soon as just opened a bank account for that purpose

i let them have 2 cleans before i suspend them for non payment, as i got a few that get payed monthly or work stupid shift so is hard to catch up with them

pingu

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:06:46 pm »
Late payments...generally chase 14days after clean.
Payment options are cash or payment into our bank.
Bank payment is th best option for payment.
Have never left house to go collecting.

Cheers
Dave.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »
Phone call for those who are late paying. Usually give people 7 days. They get one clean and don't get the next till they have paid up.

I offer cash/cheque left for me, collection (which I won't be doing when I move), internet banking or cheque posted for a few that its not worth collecting from.

When I move in April and start up again I am going to add a charge for cheques as they are a pain in the arse and out of date.

I'm going to add paypal to my payment options via my website when I have moved.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

ftp

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:32:49 pm »
Baseball bat seems the only solution for my customers.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 06:35:51 pm »
Hi everyone i used to post here years ago as Aquaduct. Apologies if there is any one still on here who i upset then but that is all water under the bridge.

Getting name details right aids payment admin, but even then, if the partner pays and the name is different it's hard to match to a job.So the biggest management problem is reconciliation.

If anyone knows about this, or how to get a computer to do it i would love to here.

cozy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 06:44:10 pm »
I collect Sunday afternoons, most people in then. A few pay online and in each area we clean, we have a custy that takes on the envelope payments that we leave if we can't catch someone in. We reduce her price for doing this by 2 euros. Works OK but there are always the odd payment dodgers, they get replaced.

All German custies either pay on the day, or we send them an invoice with 10 days to pay, got no German bad payers.

pingu

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »
Postcode and house number could help.

Cheers
Dave.