This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Re: anyone out today
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 03:28:03 pm »
walked the dog this morning god it was cold  ;D ;D

Roy Harding

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 03:29:24 pm »
Did a full day, but some roads were single track with 6ft drifths of snow. And the roads were like an ice rink.

On one road took me about 20 mins to get the van moving as it was sliding from  side to side and going no where. ;D

Lets have some rain ;D

Roy

elite mike

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 03:38:45 pm »
yeh managed a bit today :)

roll on the rainy season

d.ward

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 03:47:17 pm »
its too icy here fo ranything. Paths are dangerous but roads are thawing so im going to try tomorrow. I keep saying this  ;D

chopsie

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:55 pm »
yeh I did a few hours today,11-2.30,first time out in nearly a month,Glad i never risked it before today,It was just warm enough and a lot had thawed around peoples houses,hopefully bigger and better day tomorrow.feeling a bit rough now though  :'( .On the plus side,I gained 17 new customers since last Thursday through door knocking in this crap weather  ;D
chopsie

tompoole

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 04:36:19 pm »
almost a full day, everyone pleased to see me . roads were terrible , had to go into the local villages. pipes never froze even when left on icy pavement and snow. Im now trying to thaw my transfer pump out os i can refil for tomorrow.
feel GREAT!

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:29 pm »
According to my van thermometer the temperature has now climbed to zero so I will be out there by 10.

When it reaches 10! You'll have a very long wait, Paul! About mid March, I reckon... ;D

;D  .  Well I did get out there around 10 o'clock in the end.  It wasn't the most productive of days as working was tricky and energy sapping in those conditions.  I lost an hour through getting stuck on some ice.  It was a very gentle slope but I just couldn't get off it.  Luckily my customer has a Landrover and pulled my van out (better not put his price up next year  ;D ).  This made me a bit more wary of slopes.  Fortunately I'm in a very flat part of the country known as The Weald.  It's a plain between the north and south downs.  Lesson learnt, a bit later I did another job and ran the hose a long way from the road at the end.  One good thing about this weather is that trip hazard is vastly reduced because a lot of people just aren't going out and the footpath had loads of snow on it.  I had another job with flat roof access but the climb point was from icy decking so I just wrote a bill for a reduced amount and left the bit above the roof.
I'm very happy to have taken £126 from a day that was very difficult at times which had a late start, downtime in the middle, and a bit of motivation difficulty later on.
It wasn't the greatest start either.  I had a cancellation letter from a customer.  Not a huge deal.  It was a £13 job and, in truth, if it were a new job I would be asking £15 anyway.  But they are reliable payers and never mess me about so I would have been happy to carry on doing it for £13.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 06:36:55 pm »
i did a similar figure but only done 2-3 hours as was really cold today and misus helped me and was cold quick, but still happy as got some good money in yesterday so alls well again

shuld have done a good week money wise by friday and make up for last couple of weeks

next year gonna have a bash at some commercial snow clearing i think :)