Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: Dual wand Truckmount
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:33:59 am »
Location of supplier is a bit a pain when there is non within miles and miles.
Here in north Cheshire we got Dry Fusion and Host within 40 minutes, neither do portables, never mind TM's.
Hence Prowler, dealer 175 miles away.
and Scorpion, dealer 325 miles away.
It doesnt matter to me what I have - they all a long way - so service I get over the phone is paramount, and from these 2 suppliers I get very good service.

Luc

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 11:38:56 am »
hiya John,

yep i remember you lol. Yeah still got the tm. Amazing machines and would never go back to the portable unless i cant get access. Anything for a easier life lol. Only thing is the servicing and oil change every 50 hours.

thanks for all the advice guys. im gonna go and look at the new prochem machine and also see the promount 25 in action. only thing im worried about with the promount is it only a 25 hp engine. and i understand that the liquid cooled engines run better.

richie

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 02:50:02 pm »
I have heard that the Prochem range are really good and much easier to work on than Prochem Truckmounts of years gone by.  Ive had a look around some of the newer generation Prochem units and they look very impressive. I can fully understand your thinking regarding service/repair. The last thing you want is a breakdown and having to travel hundreds of miles to get the repair sorted.  Water cooled engines are built to last and do last much longer than air cooled engines.  If you choose a petrol engine then if i were you id get it LPG converted. The alternative is Diesel powered engine.  In theory these engines should out last petrol engines plus remember that you can run a diesel powered truckmount on Red Diesel.

Richie.

Luc

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 05:07:07 pm »
Thanks for the advice richie. The prochems do look nice but then i have heard good reports about the boxer 427, is it possible to run lpg on the 427? I just wish hydramaster were based that little bit closer to me. ??? overall i have always found john to be quite helpful when ive had problems with my old spitfire or my 318

richie

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 05:33:17 pm »
Yes the 427 can be run on LPG, i would have thought that any petrol engine can be ran on LPG.  Having spoken to other CCs i have been made aware that Alltech do a better LPG conversion than Hydramaster.  Hydramaster & Alltech are the two company names that crop up on these forums for been the best when it comes to after sales / service / repair.  I have dealt with Hydramaster and always found them very good.

Richie.

Jim_77

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:59 am »
Don't rely on Alltec for customer service, I've had a proper nightmare with them in the last few months.

The blueline machines are good though.   But we have a choice now, DriEaz in Milton Keynes are (i think) owned by the same people who own blueline, so you can get the machines and servicing done there now.  The only reservation about that I would have is the experience of the engineers, they'll be using you as their learning curve probably, starting from scratch means they'll not be as hot as an engineer who's been working on blueline machines for years.

I heard a rumour recently too, that Alltec were breaking ties with blueline.  Don't know if that's true but might explain why they don't apparently give a monkeys about keeping my business ::)

David Ware

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 09:04:01 am »
I'am surprised Jim that you have had a bad experience with Alltec. I don't own one of there machines and I've bought very little from them over the years. I have had excellent service with regards some repairs with my TM last year.
David

Tom Bennett

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 09:20:17 am »
Luc,
I take my Hydramaster down to their contractors in Oxford, last time I was there, a cleaner from Essex was having his truckmount serviced.
He told me it took him approx; 1.50 hours to get there, which isn't too bad.
The lads there are really the dogs too.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 09:24:35 am »
Hi Guys

Jim, I too am surprised that Alltec gave you poor service, they have always been good when I have gone to them, in fact the best customer service I have had in the industry.

Could it be something to do with Servicemaster?

Cheers

Doug

mark shannon

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:16:30 am »
Luc,
I take my Hydramaster down to their contractors in Oxford, last time I was there, a cleaner from Essex was having his truckmount serviced.
He told me it took him approx; 1.50 hours to get there, which isn't too bad.
The lads there are really the dogs too.

Agree nice lads plenty of Tea ;)

jsm

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 10:34:39 am »
what about 2 prolwer's in the van ... just a thought .

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 11:31:20 am »
I've had good service from Alltec and also HM Oxford, both are the same distance from me but Alltec will do lpg repairs my old 421 knew Roger in Oxford so well and was on his christmas card list.

Shaun

Luc

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 12:25:31 pm »
Yeah Roger and lads in oxford are top guys. My old spitfire was in there a few times when i had problems with it. Roger is always very helpful and a good guy to chat with. Oxford is not a bad run, but if anything major does go wrong then its cornwall. The only thing is the m25 with going to oxford. sometimes you can fly round there. toher times it takes 2 hours just to get to the m40 from essex.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 10:39:21 pm »
Hi Luc
Like yourself i work as part of a two man team a lot of the time.
We will "dual" on almost every suite we do and also on large domestics and believe me it does save a lot of time.
Yesterday we cleaned some offices(ground and first floor) which was around 480 sqm and we had the job completed in just over 2.5 hrs due to the fact we were dual wanding.
Cheers
Steve

Chris R

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 08:35:12 pm »
What machine are you running Steve ?

regards
Chris

ps I dual wand on suites with my woodbridge 20hp, using a hose splitter.
Saves a lot of time.
Staffordshire

murky

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 09:05:06 am »
Just a view but how on earth do you get around in someones house with all those pipes every where.

Its bad enough with just me tripping up over myself never mind wondering whats behind me!

Murky

Steve_Knight

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 07:24:23 am »
Chris
We run a Maxx 470 Turbo Diesel and a Boxxer 427

Murky
Good hose managementis the key ;D
But do agree in small domestics doing upholstery it can be a pain in the ass at times1

Cheers

Steve

richie

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 01:19:19 pm »
Steve,
Someone has called me regarding the Hydramaster 470 Turbo Diesel.  He may be looking at buying one but wants to know as much about the unit as possible before making a decision either way.  He has seen a 470 Petrol in operation & wanted to know what the Diesel is like when compared to the petrol unit.  Would it be ok to pass your telephone number onto him?

Richie.

Glynn

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 03:06:55 pm »
I have used Steves 470TD, it's exactly like the Maxx470 petrol only diesel - smae vac power etc.
The heat is as you would expect on a Maxx "very hot" and the noise is smoother than a standard 450 Maxx and I'd say quieter.
Needless to say it's Very economical.
Regards
Glynn

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 04:29:12 pm »
How quiet do you think the Titan will be? do you think it will be any hotter than your 470?

Shaun