Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luc

Dual wand Truckmount
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:31:27 pm »
hi guys.

After buying a hydramaster 318 last year and having a really busy year, im thinking of buying another truckmount but this time buying a dual wand machine. i always work as a team of 2 and sometimes wonder if having the abiltity to dual wand on say a large house would be quicker??
 does anyone on here regulaly use dual wanding in a customer house and lets say on a rather large upholstery job?? are there any plus's and minus's?
second queston - some of the engines on the larger dual wand machines are simular to car engines and are probally not reving as high and lif this is true does the engine last longer??
Ive looked both a woodbridge 25 and a prochem peak and thinking of looking at the bluewave line. Dose anyone recomend a good machine?
Many thanks guys
luc

D Ingram

Re: Dual wand Truckmount
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:38:58 pm »
Luc  there are lots of variables such as your budget your location and more importantly  work load,
not forgetting your expectations ,
Dave Ingram

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »
Luc

As with all machines, there are entry level dual wanders. Some of these lower spec machines will only perform to an acceptable standard with one wand and one upholstery tool over modest hose lengths, so you will need to define your needs quite accurately.

My gut feeling for residential work is that the time saving for 2 wands wouldn't justify the capital outlay. Because of hose management and set-up/breakdown times, it could conceivably be slower :o  How many of your jobs a day/week are housefuls that would possibly justify the two wands? 

If your 318 has only one solution outlet, try a line-splitter and your assistant can use an in line sprayer whilst you are wanding. This could save a lot of time and bucket loads of cash. If the assistant were also to agitate with, for example, an Envirodri, this too could make the wanding much quicker. Depends on your soil types and density.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:39 pm »
Must admit I had a few problems with my air cooled engine getting too hot but never had that problem with my water cooled only trouble is with my short hose runs are that I get locked on and have to reduce the revs and also a bigger engine will cost more to run, if someone made a water cooled TM but 318 is I'd be happier but it aint gonna happen as water cooled engines are too expensive for the smaller TM market.

If you are doing commercials with it get a water cooled engine or even a diesel.

Shaun

Luc

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:09:16 pm »
Hi Dave,

ive been looking at buying a new machine for a few months and feel i have the workload to support a dual wand machine. The reason im asking is today i had to clean a rather large house, 4 large bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, hall stairs and landing and 2 2 seaters. im thinking that having the ability to dual wand and use two upholstery tools on a job this size would cut the time down by half?? i take turns with  my brother to clean and spray etc but felt that there was long periods when i was doing nothing. (apart from drinking tea and chatting to the custie  ;)
I also have regular comercial work where i feel i need to upgrade the machine.
I have seen a prochem apex in action on single wand and was amazed at how smooth and it seem to be quieter than my 318. im based in Essex and altho i feel hydramster make good machine, havin to drive 2 hours to service or 8 hours main dealer is a nightmare.
to be honest when i first brought my first TM (a spitfire) i used to think i would never have to upgrade from that lol. But now with a increase work load im wondering if buying a larger engine with dual wand will have its advantages in time saved.
Many thanks

D Ingram

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 08:11:41 pm »
Good answer Ken only down side is whilst his mate is pre spraying the water flow will greatly be reduced at the wand thus slowing the opperation of cleaning down.

Shaun's answer is the better one to go with as he has the experience with these types of machines.

When I ran my business in Wolverhampton dual wanding on furniture in the silly season was a bonus, so if you have high volume it can be something to look at.

Dave Ingram

Luc

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 08:17:30 pm »
Ken - i have tried using a splitter but the flow was reduced really badly.

Dave - exactly my point. before xmas we was so busy and had a rather increase in the amount of furniture we had to clean, i had 5 or 6 days when i was cleaning two sets of furniture along with carpets etc.

Shaun thats another reason why i want to buy a liquid cooled engine, as i feel my 318 gets to hot at times.

paul moss

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 08:17:31 pm »
Ken, didnt realise you had truck experience ? Fair answer though.

Luc, try and twist Dave arm for a part ex with the 318 as I know for a fact he has a really nice 25 dual wander sitting in a garage somewere snowy  ;)

Shaun, why are you after moving yours on so soon?

D Ingram

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 08:20:06 pm »
Something to bear in mind when buying a dual opperator machine is it is what it says on the can for dual use.
I'm  not taking the pea but these machines deliver some serious heat as Shaun will tell you . So to get the best from them they have to be used as they were made for,
Speak to Shaun I do believe he has what your looking for as you have what he wants
Dave Ingram

Luc

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »
I was looking at the prochem range as they are only based under the hour from where i live.
They have just released a new machine called the peak gts and the apex is quite powerful. Either that or im looking at the altec range.

paul moss

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 08:24:47 pm »
In that case can i have the  pro 25 please.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 08:31:06 pm »
Have an idea or dream of getting a smaller van, before Xmas I was thinking of getting a 4 x 4 single cab and putting it in there and I wish I had today.

There isn't anything wrong with my machine had a problem with the solenoid valve sticking with the lpg which was trying to find a needle in a hay stack the problem thing is I paid for it last month.

Shaun

paul moss

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 08:37:01 pm »
Shaun, before Xmas you posted you were getting a second van and truck this year !

Also you were doing 5k a week on your own.

Now you are looking to down size.

Whats happened over the past two weeks ?

D Ingram

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 08:49:43 pm »
His had his credit card bill for xmas silly
Dave Ingram

fresh

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 08:54:46 pm »
i would go for a 25 woodbridge mate good machines and after care no matter what people say i have a 15 and had one problem and was sorted straight away cant go wrong only my opinion mind end of day its your cash.

D Ingram

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 08:58:44 pm »
Fresh I hear what you say as I have had a 20 and now the 25 as well as the Phoenix but like Luc if I was looking to dual on a regular basis then it would have to be water cooled engine driven machine for me and they are

Max 450 diesel
Max470  petrol
Boxxer 427

Or if I was flush i'd go for the new Titan range
Dave Ingram

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 09:03:52 pm »
Just in the process of buying another dry cleaners which is a lot bigger than the one we have already got, last year early on I was planning another van but just didn't want the hassle, planning a change though simpler carpet cleaning in a more multi purpose vehicle, I think I have hit my carpet cleaning high and may be looking for a different challenge but with carpet cleaning thrown in for cash flow.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 09:06:15 pm »
Those Titans do look good and I have heard (well I haven't heard anything) that they are very quiet.

Shaun

jsm

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 10:34:57 pm »
Hi Luc ,

Remember me - john JSM who moved to wales - i used to clean your windows and your dad taught me all I know ........  ;D

good to see you doing well ...  i did grab your number of the web as i was going to give you a bell as im looking at a trucky too .

chat soon fella -- you still got the TT ???? lol

Forget the two man truckmount - just get your dad back out on the Ninja lol

love to family .

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Doug Holloway

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 09:59:25 am »
Luc

Both Alltec and Woodbridge are near to you I'm a big believer in being near enough to get problems sorted in a day!

I have the Cobalt which seems a good machine although to be fair I haven't used any others.

Cheers

Doug