This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Another hot idea (matt bateman)
« on: January 04, 2010, 05:43:32 pm »
Following on from matts submersible heater idea. As everyone says you cant put hot through di (although i have and it was fine) but obviously uses resin quicker ro system. You cant run hot through a ro, wouldnt be much point anyway.

I have a static 1000l tank at home in garage with ro constantly filling it. So instead of putting this heater in the van why not put it in static tank and fill the van with hot? Would save plumbing it into van. Can you not set it to a temp and it will keep it at that? So electricity wouldnt be too bad? (i dont know im asking) Just leave it in static tank like boiling????

Just seems a good idea to me? And people with barrels and trolleys could use hot water to...hmmm discuss

John Walker

Re: Another hot idea (matt bateman)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:33:33 pm »
I'm seriously thinking along these lines.  i work with a trolley and take 25 litres barrels with me.  Normally I have these pre-filled but I'm thinking of putting a thermostatically controlled heater in my main storage tank in the garage.  I can load the barrels prior to going out and cover them to retain the heat.  They should stay fairly warm to the point where I top the trolley up and the water will only be in the trolley for around 20 mins so should remain warm.

This wouldn'y be classed as hot washing but it would be many degrees above freezing and stop my brush icing to the window as had happened on a number of occasions.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 06:39:30 pm »
Following on from matts submersible heater idea. As everyone says you cant put hot through di (although i have and it was fine) but obviously uses resin quicker ro system. You cant run hot through a ro, wouldnt be much point anyway.

I have a static 1000l tank at home in garage with ro constantly filling it. So instead of putting this heater in the van why not put it in static tank and fill the van with hot? Would save plumbing it into van. Can you not set it to a temp and it will keep it at that? So electricity wouldnt be too bad? (i dont know im asking) Just leave it in static tank like boiling????

Just seems a good idea to me? And people with barrels and trolleys could use hot water to...hmmm discuss
I agree, go for it, the mass keeps it warm, wrap loft insulation round it. Similar carry a smaller mass in your van.

gewindows

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 06:39:58 pm »
Doing it that way Matt would then mean you would have to delay transfering it to your van tank until the morning prior to using it as otherwise it would cool down overnight. Also the reason I think its better to heat it in the van is that when its transfered, for me anyway, it gets a chance to cool down (I have to pump my water 40m from the tank to the van) and if you have the heater in the van you can at least reheat the water back to what you want it to be before setting off.

Not saying its not a good way, depends on your personal circumstances.

My 3KW heater will be here by the end of the week, looking forward to that, that'll put some sparks into the water

Matt

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »
i have been using the shower the last few days (no jokes please)......i have inserted the shower hose (minus the head of course ;D) into the DI and i end up with a 25L container of warm water......and i filled 8 of them today for the work that i did, however i only used 4 containers, so tommorow i am going to fill the 4 empties using the above method and the other 4 full ones i am going to put in a bath of hot water to try and heat up........(dont want to waste the 4 barrels by emptying them out and filling with hot.

i know using the shower is expensive (lecky bill) and it uses the resin quicker, but i checked the tds and it is still 000 (using 2 vessels) ...but on the plus side i got out today (did 3 hours) and came home with a nearly a ton ::)

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 07:14:01 pm »
the other 4 full ones i am going to put in a bath of hot water to try and heat up........(dont want to waste the 4 barrels by emptying them out and filling with hot.

you will need to fill the bath with hot water though

wouldnt you then waste that water

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:16:43 pm »
ah, outside the box?.........nice one Matt :-X

but no...i just might have a bath before i go to work 8)

gewindows

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 07:21:00 pm »
You dont need excuses to have a bath scrimmy  ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 07:26:31 pm »
ah, outside the box?.........nice one Matt :-X

but no...i just might have a bath before i go to work 8)
i wondered what the smell was scrimmy :P :P :P

eclipse

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 07:36:13 pm »
Good idea however it will cost a fortune

I have a hot-tub in my garden which uses a 2Kw heater which i set anywhere 35-40 degrees the tub has a insulated lid and there is insulation all inside the wood cabinet it sits in  After owning the tub for just over a year i bet it has cost me an easy £350 to run for the year   ??? ???

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 07:37:58 pm »
 ;D

its just the way i am sitting here on this wonky computer chair....its the pits ::)

LWC

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »
£350 over year...aint so bad £7 ish a week which has gotta be cheaper than running l5 or oil? Or of similar price. Is that on contant mate?

Matt i meant leaving it on set at a temp say 40 and then once its at temp it will top it up as and when it needs it. Not gonna cool down over night i dont think.

ccmids

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »
why not just fit immersion heater to the tank £15 for 11"long  with nut .with built in thermostat , and plug in 1/2 before you go .
when the spring comes along im going to fit one in my van system , with heated floor . ;)

eclipse

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 07:54:40 pm »
£350 over year...aint so bad £7 ish a week which has gotta be cheaper than running l5 or oil? Or of similar price. Is that on contant mate?

Matt i meant leaving it on set at a temp say 40 and then once its at temp it will top it up as and when it needs it. Not gonna cool down over night i dont think.

It was on constantly 24/7 when i first got the tub then after the novelty of it wore off (6 months) it would be put on during the day but tuned off during the night the temp would drop off 5-7 degrees overnight with it turned off
currently its sitting empty waiting for summer ;D

gewindows

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 07:59:23 pm »

Matt you can set your heater to switch off once a certain temp has been reached. Guess that'll depend on the weather at any given time in the year though.

I think If my new heater works well then Ill set it to heat to about 55 in the summer, insulate the tank and take it from there.