This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: cheap diy modular pole
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 03:21:19 pm »
does anyone know what working height in feet you can get out of a 11m and 12m?

I use a Zensorflex with another fishing pole added on for my 3/4 story clean and the lightness is great - really recommend it. Will need replacing soon so this one looks good.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 03:56:08 pm »
does anyone know what working height in feet you can get out of a 11m and 12m?

I use a Zensorflex with another fishing pole added on for my 3/4 story clean and the lightness is great - really recommend it. Will need replacing soon so this one looks good.
Depends on the max packed lengths of each section, an F16 is approx 5ft 8" as is many other full carbons, so with an 11m you lose the top three sections that should make it an 8 metre useable pole.

At 8m , Zensorflex type is glass fibre and a shorter compact sectioned pole of 1m sections which fits accross the back seat of a car when packed.So with this shorter pole you lose the top two sections  which leaves you with a pole of approx 5.8.The Zensor with the no 1&2 discarded and the No3 section cut down to take a piece of Unger No1 is 5.8m. Its a bit waggly but is very strong because its all glassfibre.
If SWC is reccomending 11m pole thats good enough for me hes  an expert. 8)

s.w.c

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 05:31:39 pm »
11m should give you 24ft too 26ft, the gangster pole gave me a 24.4ft pole, i got a shimano 12.5m pole it gave me 28.7ft, so they should do nicely.

s.w.c

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 05:52:07 pm »

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2009, 05:58:47 pm »
Thanks   :) Mine of information.  :) :)
The F16 is 5 years old now and still going strong, made a diy post about making the tips stronger.

s.w.c

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 06:09:55 pm »
it goes upto a no 12 section :P

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2009, 06:39:21 pm »
I found the gangster as an in between the Zensor and the f16, price and stiffness. the gangster is not that stiff though, If SWC has found a strongish stiffer and longer pole than the Gangster then he will have done everyon e service.
ESPECIALLY if the 12.5 section will fit onto the base sections of say an F16/M16 or another makes pole  8) so that the base of the signal will fit on say a 13.5m section of an F16. Then all you need to go higher is a parallel section for the f16 to go to 70ft plus ay a price of £60 per extension section ( as mentioned in SWC s link for spares)
Now that makes it ...err ...um
£90 for the Signal 12.5
£60 for a 13.5m section and
£60 for each extension
which makes err..tara.......

£450 for a 65fter  ???
If you get my drift

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 10:48:08 pm »
I have a modular fishing pole (thanks Jeff & Matt for the ideas & help a couple of yrs ago) and use it on my 3 & 4 storey high comemrcial jobs and it's great. Yes a bit wippy but saves my neck.

I used to do those jobs with the green unger metal pole and ache for days afterwards :P

Not got onto using a modular for houses yet as I have quiet a few that need weird means of access for certain windows that I know would snap a fishing pole. You know like odd angles holding the pole or over a conservatory or flat roof that sort of thing.

But great for the high stuff :-)

chopsie

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 07:14:20 pm »
so fishing poles will snap over conny rooves/porches etc? I was considering something if a couple of jobs come off,I got a 25" slx,but will not reach for these jobs i quoted,at a guess i would need 35-40" pole,any recommendations,no good if it snaps over awkward angles though  ???
chopsie

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 07:19:07 pm »
F16 aint snapped in my 5 years daily use, will go 30ft ish horizontal. But at low angles all the poles are very difficult to use. Whats your current pole for 35ft work ?
Quite like the new Ionics poles but are quite a lot  heavier.

s.w.c

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 07:21:17 pm »
Ive use fishing poles for a few years never had on snap over a con roof, Ive drove over a section or two, even stood on a few, if there looked after you will have no probs, why don't you buy extra section for your slx, i have Ive now got a slx 35, as well as a slx22

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 07:26:55 pm »
Hi SWC sorry to change topic, did you ever try a Gangster/Signal  to be able to compare, I noticed that the signal was carbon modulus so its seems similar to the gangster, thicker softer walls ?
Would buy one to try but hey I got too many poles already.

chopsie

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 07:30:54 pm »
Ive use fishing poles for a few years never had on snap over a con roof, Ive drove over a section or two, even stood on a few, if there looked after you will have no probs, why don't you buy extra section for your slx, i have Ive now got a slx 35, as well as a slx22
I have thought about that,but they are £100 a section aren't they? how much extra reach does each section get you?I thought it might be cheaper to go down the DIY fishing pole route
chopsie

s.w.c

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 07:41:25 pm »
i think the section were about 90 quid each , without measuring on you should get 5 ft extra reach each section, i cant see how your slx25 cant reach over cons Ive got a 22 an that reaches

chopsie

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 07:45:45 pm »
its not for over cons,its for some higher jobs i quoted for,dorma windows in big old mansion type building,some velux's on another place,just quotes at mo,but think i will need longer pole for odd job in the future
chopsie

s.w.c

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 08:08:21 pm »
35ft should be fine,  sorry jeff i didn't read your properly not i ain't tried it yet its still in the garage but looks the same feels the same its the signal 12.5 and it wont be used as water fed pole as i need it for baiting up pole for my fishing , it will be cut down to almost the same size but its gonna take a screw thread of a old landing net so i can fit the baiting spoon on the end, now thinking about it theses poles im gonna give link to are what im copying but i think these will do for wfp as there cut to 12.5, and get the facelift crew bit from cleantech then bingo wfp.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANGLING-INTELLIGENCE-12M-BAITING-POLE-PACK_W0QQitemZ150399403569QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL?hash=item230480c631

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=307

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 09:25:00 pm »
Thanks for that  ;)

Count Phil

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 10:21:03 pm »
I used one for quite a while. If you search my instructions are on here.

I would recommend no more that a 14 feet length for domestic. So time you've added the brush and two sections the pole is 14ft. Obviously you can still add sections to take it higher.

The reason I say 14, is that although 16 will reach everything over conservatories and extension and any 1 story window, it is often too long and you bash the base. Carry a short extender section for the houses you need it on.

I think gluing the brush and 1st section will be a good idea. If your domestic pole can be just 2 sections for your average window it will be very fast to use. Even having 3 sections to plug together was a pain. 2 would be easy to snap together and you'd be away.

Mine died when it was crush in the van door when the wind blew it on it.

As to snapping whilst cleaning, it aint going to happen. I've snapped normal poles but the fishing pole felt very strong laterally.