This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

s.w.c

cheap diy modular pole
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:11:42 pm »
for anyone wanting to make a cheap modular pole check these out, the largest 12.5m should make a good height. and cheap if you look closely at there prices, copare 11m price to the gangster poles.

http://www.tacklesaver.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tacklesaver.co.uk%2facatalog%2fspecialoffers.html&WD=signal&PN=copy_of_Signal_Poles.html%23a1_211129#a1_211129

peter holley

Re: cheap diy modular pole
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:40:34 pm »
bbbbbbbbaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhHHHHHH

:P :P

s.w.c

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 07:23:16 pm »
i thought the first response would be from a tight arse welsh git, an i was right taffy is the winner,

matt

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 08:05:23 pm »
nah mate, you should be different and buy a SLX, stand out from the crowd  ::) ::) ::)

good find though , nice price for the 11 M

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 08:07:12 pm »
nah mate, you should be different and buy a SLX, stand out from the crowd  ::) ::) ::)

you cant beat Matt on cheap, hes the master  ::)  :-*
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

s.w.c

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:07:51 pm »
i have had the mk11 slx for some time.
i just like playing around with modulars and i thought there cheap to mess about with.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 08:12:52 pm »
How many sections do you have to take off the top to be able to get a goosneck on ? And what sort of length will that give ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

matt

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 08:36:54 pm »
How many sections do you have to take off the top to be able to get a goosneck on ? And what sort of length will that give ?

its normally around 3 ( ish )

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 08:39:08 pm »

you cant beat Matt on cheap, hes the master  ::)  :-*

the thing is, and it seems hard for people to understand

its not that they are cheap, ( afterall i used a unger ali pole for years and it would last another 5 years )

its the lightness ( i had a neck injury and after i started using the lighter pole, it stopped inside a few days )

its light and its easy to use and easier to add sections on

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 09:05:45 pm »
Matt... How easy are modulars to use on domestics ?

Am really interested in the fishing pole, but the fact its modular puts me off a little, probably cos i have never used a modular before.

How do you control the hose ? Im guessing that it has to go on the outside of the pole.

When you say you can easily add sections on... How do you find sections to increase the length ? Is it att case of buying the same pole again ?

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 09:14:15 pm »

Am really interested in the fishing pole, but the fact its modular puts me off a little, probably cos i have never used a modular before.

How do you control the hose ? Im guessing that it has to go on the outside of the pole.

Not matt but another fan of modular.
I started using the sl2 on domestics over a year ago and i haven't gone back to telescopic since. Modular poles are very quick to use and on most domestics you only need 2 sections. Very rarely more than 4. It took me a few weeks though to get use to having sections laying about.
Where modular poles gain over telescopic are their lightness. A child could clean downstairs with a single section and sl brush.
After a while, you will be as quick with a modular as with a telescopic pole. But with much less weight than even the lightest telescopic poles.

matt

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 10:40:12 pm »

When you say you can easily add sections on... How do you find sections to increase the length ? Is it att case of buying the same pole again ?

i was skeptical for months, i had the fishing pole in my garage for a long long time, i was suffering from a neck pain, it went on for months, then Jeff B mentioned the fishing pole again, so i got it out and thought " i am going to hate this " , the thought of ditching the telescopic pole filled me with dread, i dont like change

so i thought on the issue of carrying around the sections of poles, you will need 5 for a domestic ground and 1st floor house, BUT i have glued the base and next section together, the middle and next section also glued, then a short 3 ft brush section

thus you have 2 sections of poles and a short pole with the brush on the end

its very hard to forget a section if its done as above

back to your question, yes the pipe is outside the pole, its not a issue

the last 2 sections will normally turn end for end and you can add them to your pole, so just buy a extra pole for another 6ft of reach, you will also have some spares incase the pole gets dammaged

i allways said if i get 3 months out of the pole its paid for itself at 20 ish quid
BUT its not 2 and 1/2 years old and still going well, it did once blow over and break, but i just slid the section inside each other and whacked some glue on

you get used to not leaving the pole against the wall, you leave it over a fence panel so it cannot blow anywhere

mark dew has mentioned the lightness, my 6 yr old daughter can clean my whole house, up and downstairs, yes its that light

a pole to do domestic houses can cost you 20 something quid, i say to anybody, give it a whirl with a open mind, i guarantee the lightness will surprise you

i now await the " it would never work " , " get a proper pole " , " the customer will think you look like a cowboy using a fishing pole " ( like they really care  ::) ) , " i have a 500 quid pole for fishing " , and the best reply ( when i first did the DIY pole site ) " i dont like it "

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 12:06:39 am »
These fishing poles are great; they seem too good to be true for the price; but try them, they really are that good.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 12:34:14 am »
You have convinced me ! Have wanted att carbon pole for ages, but not really been able to justify it till i figured out how much this isnt going to cost me.

And the bit about kids cleaning. My lad will be 9 next year.. Sure he would want to earn some extra cash to feed his habbit. We bought him a DSi for xmas and he will want game after game. Plus will keep him busy in the holidays ;D

Start em young i say ! I was out washing cars at his age till i could get a paper round.

matt

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 10:17:46 am »
You have convinced me ! Have wanted att carbon pole for ages, but not really been able to justify it till i figured out how much this isnt going to cost me.

And the bit about kids cleaning. My lad will be 9 next year.. Sure he would want to earn some extra cash to feed his habbit. We bought him a DSi for xmas and he will want game after game. Plus will keep him busy in the holidays ;D

Start em young i say ! I was out washing cars at his age till i could get a paper round.

nothing to lose to be honest, 20 something quid delivered isnt going to break the bank

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 10:27:32 am »
Am going to go for the 11M one Matt. Looks like a good price and will be able to use it on my higher jobs instead of this 20 ton fibre glass thing ive got. If i need higher, ill just grab another and add sections like you suggested :)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 10:29:50 am »
£47 delivered for the 11M one, great price

matt

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 10:35:33 am »
Am going to go for the 11M one Matt. Looks like a good price and will be able to use it on my higher jobs instead of this 20 ton fibre glass thing ive got. If i need higher, ill just grab another and add sections like you suggested :)

keep in mind, its only the last 2 ( sometimes 3 ) sections that can be used at the base

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:50 am »
Yeah i know Matt,

Thanks for the advice ;D Ill come hunting for you when i get it ;)

matt

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 11:08:52 am »
i notice that the 12.5 M comes with Complete with 2 spare top kits

e.mail / phone them and explain you dont need them, they might knock a fiver off ( it'll pay for your postage ;))