Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dominic

Re: Just switched to wfp...Having a nightmare...Help !!!
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2005, 11:31:10 am »
Well here's the latest. After having some success on Friday I got the van filled up again. I didn't fill right up because I'm not doing whole round with pole yet. Got up this morn and thought I'd check readings ready for Monday. I've got 000 at the tank and 016 at the brush  :(. Here we go again.  ( I have run the system for a while to give it the benefit of the doubt ).Now I have to decide whether to waste all this water and try to refill to get a good reading or whether to use this water on Monday. Does anyone Know if 016 will clean windows properly.

I'm hoping this is still the new hoses settling in. It's getting impure somewhere between tank and brush. So I'm not sure what is going on.

Cheers for offer Roy will take you up on it if I can't get it sorted.

Daservices, I'll keep you updated on the system. It seems to have every angle covered we'll just have to see how it pans out and if it settles down. If you want to know anything in particular feel free to ask.

Cheers again

Dom

dai

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2005, 09:05:42 pm »
Dom I feel for you mate, I am in the proccess of building my own system and your plight frightens me. I would start taking the whole system apart.
Take a TDS reading at the the pump outlet IF thats ok then it must be the hose or the pole I dont know what other bits you have connected to the line. Filters, final polishing DI canister or whatever, Eliminate every one by taking readings at the inlet and outlet of each one till you isolate the problem. Good luck Dai

wrighty

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2005, 10:35:53 pm »
Hi Dom,

I am surprised that you have not had any help from Ionics as I am sure you paid quite a large sum for your system and would want a good return.  Have you called them ?  What was the response like etc?

Craig

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2005, 09:58:09 am »
Hello Dominic.

I have just read through this topic, the advice about the brushes and hoses rings true. I have some ideas for you about the greasy windows, please give me a call when you get a chance and I'll talk you through it.

Kind regards
Craig Mawlam
Ionic System

dai

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2005, 09:14:54 pm »
Hi Dominic, There is one other important issue here regarding your problems. If it was just a matter of sourcing componants, and putting systems together, Then I'm sure Matt could say goodby to window cleaning. He could set himself up in a unit somewhere and put out 20 of his systems a week. It's not that simple. There are consumer rights to be considered and the sale of goods act. Any item puchased new must be fit for the purpose intended. If you puchase a ready to go system then that system should be getting pure water to your brush. No if's or buts.
If a hose needs bedding in as you were told, then that should be done before you purchase. Why are the systems not tested and a certificate issued when you buy? I worked in engineering for years and the British standards had to be strictly adhered to. every componant was tested and the signature of the tester went with it. If you bought a new van you would not expect to have to take the thing appart before you can get it to work. Put the ball back in the manufactures court and get him to sort it. Dai

Dominic

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2005, 11:00:36 pm »
Hi Wrighty, I've got to hand it to Ionics they have been very supportive. Its just a big learning curve for me and because I have invested so much into the system it is worrying when things don't seem to be going to plan. However I'm sticking with it for now cos I think it is just the new hoses bedding in so only time will tell. Ionics have made it quite clear that if I need anything sorted they will help which is great and they've also given plenty of advice on technique etc.

Dai I can see your point and I have obviously thought along these lines. However I just want to stay positive and I do feel that Ionics has been upfront about everything so far and I don't want to get into a client supplier battle online. Especially as they have been so supportive from the start. I can obviously see where your coming from though and  I've really appreciated your help so far cheers.

Craig I will contact you with regards the greasy windows. However I think they are improving with time and I think living in Avonmouth might have something to do with it as there are probably plenty of nasties in the air here. But any extra knowledge is always welcome thanks.

Anyway will keep you updated.

cheers
Dom

wrighty

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2005, 10:08:23 am »
Dom,

I would stick with it and the reason for it being - I had a great trolley system for a month and then sold it due to spotting.  I am going to purchase another soon for commercial contracts that I have and for conservatory roofs etc.  I was the only one in my area using the system and I thought I could please everyone buy using it on domestics too but I was wrong and I got sick of getting tangled up etc.

Stick with it and good look - keep me informed

Craig

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2005, 10:24:48 pm »
Dominic,

I am currently in Germany working with our Ionic distributor, I will be back on Friday, I will be happy to come down to Avonmouth and help you get through the initial cleaning stage to get the right result and put your mind at rest.

The Initial cleans are the most difficult with removing soap residue from frames leaving the window clear.

This is why we are keen to show our systems working, we have 3 sales people demonstrating mainly on customers windows, the customer chooses the site and type of window they wish to see them on, I personally have only failed to get a satisfactory result on 2 occasions in 8 years, the glass was hydrophobic.

At Ionic we are keen to give our customers the best possible start with training from the BWCA.

As many wfp users on this forum know the first cleans are the hardest, it is nice to see them giving advice and encouraging confidents.

Dominic I will call you on my return.

Kind regards

Reuben ;)

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2005, 10:36:07 pm »
I will let you know once i have visited Dominic.