This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Re: Motivation is low
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 10:12:08 pm »
i do think its the best job in the world....for me!!

If you love cleaning dirt off windows, and thats your passion.. then your right.. it is definately the best job in the world.. for you!!  ;)

Groundy, you sound like you feel you're a little too good to be cleaning dirt from windows! 

I can't think of a job - given my skills (and I've a few) - that I would rather do.  I've got my C + E (HGV 1) and if ever I come to a point where I can't clean windows because my joints are knackered, then I'll drive trucks.  I've also got some accountancy qualifications and office manager type stuff; an NVQ 3 in Supervisory Management; I've also been trained as a computer network manager - but I just couldn't face working in an office again to be honest.

I've got a friend (ex forces) whose offered me a job on the oil rigs, good money but I don't fancy all that time away, and I could easily get a job at the Defence Procurement Agency through the Forces 'old boys' network; an ex boss of mine whom I keep in contact with holds a good position there.  But office work isn't for me anymore.

So for me, working as a window cleaner - given the freedom this allows me - is the best job in the World!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 10:12:30 pm »
i used to play a lot of drums in various bands for years.now that was a good job til ur shifting all the gear at 1am in the morning! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

geefree

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 10:48:38 pm »
If Christmas cant motivate you then nothing will lol,

i take all the extra calls in december, i even offer a bottle of wine for successful recommendations,

picked 33 customers up since mid november, with chatting and asking, and 60 leaflets.

Its the time of year when you are winding down to christmas (in your mind)

weathers horrid , dark early, etc.

Think of the good things and what you have achieved by being driven.

And drive on.  ;D

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 10:53:51 pm »
i do think its the best job in the world....for me!!

If you love cleaning dirt off windows, and thats your passion.. then your right.. it is definately the best job in the world.. for you!!  ;)

Groundy, you sound like you feel you're a little too good to be cleaning dirt from windows! 

Not at all!! window cleaning got me out of a job that I hated, and I love it for that! but its not something I'm passionate about!! I'm just saying that I want to try some other stuff as well, so I'm not cleaning windows 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week for the rest of my life! I certainly don't want some ponsy job with a fancy title, I'm not impressed by that sought of thing!

matt

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 10:58:50 pm »
groundhog

not seen you around for a while

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 11:01:22 pm »
i used to play a lot of drums in various bands for years.now that was a good job til ur shifting all the gear at 1am in the morning! ;D ;D
get a roadie ,most drummers like a drunken octopus lol ;D ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 11:07:28 pm »
Weather has been rotten just recently. Keeping my motivation up by redecorating every room at home when the weather's bad. Only need one more crap week of weather and I'll have finished decorating ;D Was gonna do it over Xmas but looks like I'll have the hols to do as I please. :)

macmac

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 11:11:55 pm »
Motivation can be a problem in winter, short days, bad weather etc. I think it's worse when you've been wfp for a long time as it doesn't exite you anymore, it's just cleaning windows! Buying new tools helps a bit but I've got the best poles, best trad gear etc. Only thing left that will give me a semi is a new van! Like the idea, just not paying for it! :D

matt

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 11:13:45 pm »
Motivation -- book a holiday

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 07:51:50 am »
Motivation -- book a holiday

Have to agree with Matt on this, booking a holiday feels like taking a weight of your shoulders then gives you something to work forwards.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 03:57:53 pm »
groundy who says you have to be out 8 hrs a day 5 days a week cleaning windows, it aint a full time job you are in although you are making it sound like it is, ffs you are self employed, and you can come and go as you please, its the only job that i can think of that can be done around your own hours, not anyone elses, if you opened up a shop, you would be worse off, if you opened up a garage, you would be worse off, so what else do you want from life??  FFs just look at your round, cut it down and live a bit.  You are making this job out to be something horrid, it could be a hell of alot worse, i wouldnt for instance want to clean toilets out or poop of pavements etc, we are only cleaning windows and getting paid for it so please have a think before saying too much on here or other new guys like myself may not take it with a pinch of salt  ;D
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

Neil

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 04:03:32 pm »
I have just been through 4 years of very low motivation,
Usual stuff set it off, divorce, finances, blah blah blah,
I have now turned a corner and am really enjoying the job again.
I made a decision to deal with it but realized it can’t be done in one go, so I began by setting very small targets and NOT looking ahead to far.
Deal with the here and now and worry about the rest when it gets here, I also realized that a lot of the things I did daily were affecting how I felt so I dealt with them one by one.
Simple things can make a huge difference; I used to drink a bottle of wine every night and stay up till midnight. No problem or so I thought but by cutting it down to 2 small beers made me sleep better and affected my performance the next day 100%.
Lots of simple little things add up.
I now set small goals as habit and bigger goals seem to just follow,
For the first time since 2005 I now work evenings on the pc making changes to the business, work weekends on equipment, and I actually look forward to Monday morning.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 04:11:36 pm »
I made a decision to deal with it but realized it can’t be done in one go, so I began by setting very small targets and NOT looking ahead to far.
Deal with the here and now and worry about the rest when it gets here, I also realized that a lot of the things I did daily were affecting how I felt so I dealt with them one by one.
Simple things can make a huge difference; I used to drink a bottle of wine every night and stay up till midnight. No problem or so I thought but by cutting it down to 2 small beers made me sleep better and affected my performance the next day 100%.
For the first time since 2005 I now work evenings on the pc making changes to the business, work weekends on equipment, and I actually look forward to Monday morning.

sounds like you are now in a good place well done to you
I think you are right about concentrating on the small things instead of focusing on the big things
Feel better today as i have done a full days work what a difference a day makes it was the end of the world yesterday today not feeling sorry for myself

JSMC

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 04:18:45 pm »

CBT?

Tosh

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 04:38:24 pm »
Neil, well done fella.  It sounds like your doing some good advice that was suggested to me.  Just live life one day at a time (have a read of Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now to find out how to really do this) and just keep doing the next right thing in front of you. 

That got me safely through a rough patch.