Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daria Taylor

Re: Come on what's the secret
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 08:19:13 pm »
It gets worse. There will soon be only a max of 5 entries on Google maps visible and it will take up more space on the page so organic entries will be pushed onto page two in some cases. :(

seriously? well i guess 5 is not too bad, i have noticed that pay per click results are becoming more and more popular compared to organic ones.

dash t

M.Acorn

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 09:16:40 pm »
More ruined now !!
Greek maphrodaphne 14 %
Loads of sites pop up each month,cleaner databases etc,just keep submiting to them and it will pick you up.
I keep forgeting to ask really happy customers to leave me reviews on touch local,i got the tip the other day as she said i got them like new again,didnt have the heart to tell her what she thought was 2 grands worth of pure wool carpet was actually cheap polly  :(.
Seeing a lot of this,people being sold one thing,then something else fitted !!! Wrong !
What goes around comes around

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2009, 12:59:46 pm »
Dash I don't take comments on here as being aggressive unless they are obviously aggressive, I'd rather you say what you feel and then we can iron out the niceties later.

Was cleaning a nursing home very early this morning and my kind wife has just made me dinner but my appetite just isn't there, think I'll skip dinner and go straight back out again.

Shaun

paul moss

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2009, 05:42:51 pm »
If you can do that in a day then get yourself a new van you idiot ;) look at what you are missing out on.

Shaun

BTW I have my first £5k week on of the year this week, 7 days though :(

Thats  around 4 jobs a day with a min price per job at £200.

You even use turbos to dry the carpets for your customers :D.

Shaun you must be knackered after working a week of 15 hour days :)

Shaun are you taking into acount your dry cleaning business in that weeks total?

Pristine Clean

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 07:54:20 am »
I think I have found the secret! Quick. I must order one today.

Copied from here:

http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/index.php?productID=444

Solution Glides:

are an engineering breakthrough in improving both wand function and Glide design, because they are the first and only glides that have been demonstrated to reduce the effort of pushing a wand on the carpet by up to 80% or more, depending on carpet type and equipment being used.

This means that it can take up to 5 times the energy to move a wand that does not have a Solution glide on it, than one that does. This is especially true when using TMs that have large, high lift blowers in them like the Vortex units.

The Solution glides are constructed of a special Teflon material that has greater abrasion resistance to it, than virgin Teflon, but shares its extreme low friction co-efficient, so that the glides will glide over the carpet as easily as a hot knife through butter.

They will allow you to do a full days work without feeling tired any more. It means that you can improve your productivity and get 20 to 30% more done every day while feeling less tired. Here is what that can mean to you:

Most cleaners average about 1000 sq ft of carpet a day and work about 250 days per year. That is about 250,000 sq ft per year. If you average .36/sq ft for it, you would make £90,000 per year in gross earnings. But if you could do an extra 20% more per year because of improving your productivity, you would average 2400 sq ft per day and make an extra £18,000 per year!

But that is not all.

Because this glide does not lock down on the carpet like regular wands without glides do, it moves up to double the air in cfms at the carpet.

In some climates, this might cut your drying times way down as well. Many cleaners have commented the carpets they clean are dry in as little as 1 hour now. Now this is under good drying conditions, and not all users will see this, but it shows the potential to impact your business in a very positive way.

The glide itself attaches to your wand in seconds, and requires no tools to put it on or remove it. Don’t be the last to get one!

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Joe H

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 08:17:20 am »
Has Shaun ever said he was the first in the country to use a glide. :D
and he has just had his first week this year at £5000 turnover.
Obviously still using his glide.

Got mine from Solutions, but it is a Greenie glide - and there is another thread running at what problems grennie has at the moment so dont know if these are in stock or running short of stock.

Certainly make life an awful lot easier - which is good cause what it cant do is give you back the years  :(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 09:05:56 pm »
Most days were 6 jobs I did only 1 suite all week and there was alot of protector, Kev sells loads of the stuff so I'm trying to keep up with him, my wife's business figures are totally different to mine and are not added.

Shaun