Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Old_Master

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 10:55:39 am »
Hi Rosskesava
If I was you I would sub contract the rope access work to a firm they does this type of work all the time. Thats what we do, there is a lot to learn and you only make one mistake in abseiling.
Glyn

rosskesava

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 06:50:31 pm »
Hi Glyn again.

Hi Rosskesava
If I was you I would sub contract the rope access work to a firm they does this type of work all the time.

I'd never thought of that. Now that's a great idea.

What you say about abseiling is very true. A hobby of mine is rock climbing and abseiling is always the last resort when descending and as for doing it for fun, those people are lunatics.

I only wanted to do roped access for the money but now you've got me thinking.

Cheers

Ross

s.hughes

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 06:38:15 pm »
I was offered work in the US some years ago, it was just the basic warehouse work to get me into the country. I went there for a holiday and went to work when I was there (Florida). I wasnt there for long but i found that at the beginning and end of the day you could be anywhere in the World. Once your used to the daily grind then it is like living here you still have to work. Mind you there are some things that are better over there but when you get used to them would you still see them as improvements? Also remember the health care system. Most jobs come with health care only the starter job I was offered through a mate didnt have that benefit and it was going to cost me $700.00 a month to be covered. Some would still go but having a 10 month old boy made us decide to stay in good old sunny England.
At least here you get a good cup of tea.

Steveyboy

texas girl

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2005, 04:33:22 am »
Hey Stevey;

I bet you guys have the best tea on earth!

Health care over here is a wide range; but I have to say it is excellent.
When I was divorced and paid for it myself for 4 of us I opted to go with a high deductable $2000.00 to cover catastrophic circumstances.

It was $135.00 per month. It had dental and prescription coverage and allowed for 4 doctor visits per person per year for a cost of $35.00 copay.

Now that I am married to a retired military man my health care is almost free.

If you were here several years ago it may have been before health care furnished by companies was required.

Now if you have more than 10 employees you must pay for 1/2 of the premium for all policies. If you had  an HMO (Health management organization)policy then there is no deductable and no doubt was a family policy.

The laws have changed a lot in the past few years. No one is denied health care in the USA.

Even if you have no insurance, medicaid kicks in and will pay for what is needed.

There is no waiting list or requirements if you need health care.  If you are below a certain income amount your kids are covered for free.

I know about this topic because I was self employed and had to pay for my own.

$700.00 per month is not today's rates for coverage. I don't blame you for being discouraged because that is way too expensive to even consider.

The window cleaning rates are pretty good here. As I was suggesting a certain rate per pane; it evens out; easy panes along with upper story difficult panes; same price.

That is what I have adopted; per pane or per window. And the place is growing like crazy! I live 20 minutes from Fort Hood.

Recently 5000 troops were transferred here. My husband owns rental houses so he has profited as well as many other businesses.

Mine included. The yellow pages have helped me a lot. I get cold calls daily.

I think adopting a set pattern of charges is easier than other methods.

Hugs, :-*

Texas girl

Debbie