This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig jwc

telescopic pole
« on: June 05, 2005, 10:38:09 pm »
I have bought a telescopic pole as i have been looking at the pole system but can't afford one just yet plus until i get going properly don't want to spend out too much. I am finding that when using the squeegee attachment it sometimes misses bits. Is this just the rubber or is it me????? I have a few quite hard to reach windows to do and am tending to miss houses out when looking for work that i know are going to be difficult to reach. I bought this pole to help me out in this situation but just want to know is it me or the rubber ???

www.mrgutters.co.uk

Re: telescopic pole
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 11:04:48 pm »
its the pole not enough pressure , window cleaning is precise you cant precise 10ft from a window

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 11:37:01 pm »
if you cannot afford a system, have you thought of building your own

http://www.d.co.uk/

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 11:50:41 pm »
Cheers for that Matt.
I have thought about making one up but wasn't really sure what i needed. That link is really useful

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 05:37:15 am »
I have bought a telescopic pole as i have been looking at the pole system but can't afford one just yet plus until i get going properly don't want to spend out too much. I am finding that when using the squeegee attachment it sometimes misses bits. Is this just the rubber or is it me????? I have a few quite hard to reach windows to do and am tending to miss houses out when looking for work that i know are going to be difficult to reach. I bought this pole to help me out in this situation but just want to know is it me or the rubber ???

Sometimes that might happen if the liquid is drying out too fast on warmer days.  A way around this might be to invest in an attachment called the vice-versa (I have seen it called other things too.).  This is an applicator and a squeegee on the same head and back to back. It can save the time needed to swap attachments and enable the squeegeeing to be done sooner - before it starts drying.

Mike_G

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 03:59:36 pm »
I have just been to Spain and some guy was cleaning first floor windows on a shop with a pole and did a great job, even in that heat no marks no runs very impressive.