This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

prestigeclean

non paying domestics
« on: November 14, 2009, 09:18:43 am »
as a general rule i only clean twice before i  expect payment , then i will put a reminder through the door if they are not in , if payment is not received i will then go back a couple of times to try and get the money , after this i tend to right the money off , what do you do ? regards alan

geefree

Re: non paying domestics
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:24:02 am »
My customers are really prompt... i put "please pay within 3 days"

on the slip by post or internet or paypal

they all pay within a week.

But..... i have one customer who owes me two months at £8...

sent letters and knocked, but nothing...

i will have to write this off, but it infuriates me knowing i have worked my arse off on their property and they just disgard me as a nobody.!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:26:30 am »
I wheel clamp thier car until they pay................

...........only kidding !
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:27:47 am »
I collect from two estate areas I do, the rest I leave a SAE.  With the estate areas I collect once and if the customer is not in I leave a SAE.

If I do not receive payment, I'll keep on cleaning, calling once for the money (if its one of my two estate areas), and leave another SAE if they are not in.  I'll do this for three cleans; 99.9% of the time I've either been paid when I collect or they've sent a cheque.

For the 0.1%, I'll phone (if I've got their number; which I have for 80% of my customers) and ask if there's a problem.

I don't think I've had a problem with getting paid in the last year or so from domestic customers, however if you're new, you will have problems; the bulk of my customers I've had for quite a few years now.  And any customers who prove themselves to be 'dodgy' get dropped straight away.

paulben

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:43:57 am »
Ive been to collect money from 1 today still in bed and wont answer door have left sae last month but she ignores them even saw her drive past mine yesterday  will try later if no joy will cross of list and then will have 2 options spray windows at end of day with dirty water or ring taxi firm she works for and get them to ring me might be embarrassing for her
Do not steal the government hates competition

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 09:56:16 am »
For those who leave SAE's do you provide a stamp ?

I am going to leave SAE's and provide BACS details - but i don't see why i should provide the stamp

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 10:03:04 am »
just addresed envelope here  ;D

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 10:09:42 am »
i ahve droped about 10 cusys this year,  got sick of being messed around,  they aint got the 6 pound to pay me but u then see them getting 20 quid worth of takeaway, i just drop them now, write of any more that i am owed, and when they ask why i dont clean theres any more just say  you didnt pay, so replaced you with some one who does,   a lot dont like it but i am not a charity

had one the other day who when lst paye dme said, "if i am not in dont do them, i will tell you when i want them done" lol, so just dropped her and replaced her 20 mins later with a custy at other end of road,  some kids egg her house as they do on that estate and asked me to clean her window, so give her my new prices £1 a window and door came to 8 plus half for a first clean  so £12,  she said no as it use to be only 6, but i said you cancelled,  so i replaced you and now have a new price strcture in force,  she was  a crap payer any way

jonnyald

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:24:58 am »
 mine if not in leave the money under plant pots or bricks . ( i dont allow them to leave it under a bin, as i hate raking through bins ,looking for the money ).Now some folk forget to do this and if i lift a brick 3 months running and all thats under it is a  cobweb it gets my dander up and i start door knocking and always get paid and usually let them stay on my bandwagon

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 10:48:36 am »
Ive been to collect money from 1 today still in bed and wont answer door have left sae last month but she ignores them even saw her drive past mine yesterday  will try later if no joy will cross of list and then will have 2 options spray windows at end of day with dirty water or ring taxi firm she works for and get them to ring me might be embarrassing for her

Both the options you've listed are probably illegal - though I do sympathise with you.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 10:49:45 am »

I dunno,... not a bad idea,...

bobby p

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 10:57:05 am »
mine if not in leave the money under plant pots or bricks . --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAYBE  you could supply "special bricks "  so that each time they left their home  they would see it . ??

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 11:07:33 am »
i clean twice then no more till i see a picture of the queen!if they are persistently late paying or avoiding me get dropped!no throwing dirt on windows etc.could give u a bad name!write it off and move on!never keep cleaning unless u know u will get paid.most custys fine.some pay 4 months in advance! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 11:15:35 am »
If they dont pay for their clean they dont get another one here. No way i am doing more than one clean if someone will not pay
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 11:30:24 am »

I dunno,... not a bad idea,...
I was thinking that, maybe get some sign writting on it, a pic on the website I think people would pay quicker  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 12:47:36 pm »
as a general rule i only clean twice before i  expect payment , then i will put a reminder through the door if they are not in , if payment is not received i will then go back a couple of times to try and get the money , after this i tend to right the money off , what do you do ? regards alan
i write the money off,if they have been a problem its worth it to save time trying to collect,if the ever ask again i bring up the debt,a few have paid it and been perfect ever since,some fall back into old ways and get binned again,others pass you in the street not talking knowing the reason why you dont clean,but when they move you get the new customer  ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 12:49:20 pm »
ive just got back off hols, before i went one commercial owed 550 , and i have paid out 250 in wages on it, promised it would be here by thursday last week, none in bank, get home no cheque!!

really p'd off now, this was only the first clean but if its gonna carry on like this i dont want the job, ots due in a week and its an 8 weekly,

i gave them 28 days to pay then sent a reminder and then rang numerous times each time it was "being sorted"

what do you reckon is best to do now? monday im thinking send out a letter that if no payment this week i will start small claim action?

i have his signature on the quote and everything so no probs there...

its a bit more than a £5 domestic to just write off !

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 12:55:52 pm »
maybe u should start another thread sean given the title of this thread.most ive ever wrote off is £20! ;D ;Dno commercial for me.ill stick to less money/less hassle! ;D ;Dbetter cashflow
price higher/work harder!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 01:01:15 pm »
more money though :)

i wont tell you how many hours for that :)

wasnt many though

however, its still my money and i have laid out for it .....

chopsie

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 01:07:03 pm »
Dazmond,I am just starting out and your posts are really good on here.I am thinking of just doing domestics,seem a lot less hassle as you just said,and a very very good reason not to do commercial is the amount of cash you lose if they don't pay.At least with domestic like you say its only going to be a few quid gets written off.I agree with window wipers,why go back if they not paid?I have pay within 3 days on the bottom of my invoice,so even on monthly's there is ample of time to pay me and for me to chase debt,If they don't pay after being rang/knocked on for the money why go back? I need all the customers i can get as i am only just starting,but i am fu!*ed if i am cleaning any for free, "I may look like a tw*t"  :)
chopsie