This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Filling containers
« on: June 04, 2005, 07:25:08 pm »
I'm thinking of going for a trolley system and using Matts method of changing the containers. Only fly in the ointment is time taken to fill 15 containers from  a tank of RO water at home. The last thing I want to be doing is spending an hour filling 15 cotainers when I have done a days work in the middle of winter. Any one got any tips for speeding up the process?Dai

thewindowcleaner1

Re: Filling containers
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 08:21:31 pm »
If your tank is mounted higher than the containers the time to fill will depend on the size of the tap with a 1" tap it takes about 10 minutes tops to fill 15x 25ltre

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 11:02:29 pm »
i go to my car, put the first under the tap from my water butt with a bit of hose pipe on and start to the fill, whilst thats filling i go back to my car and get 2 more empties out, in this time i have filled the first, thus change the barrel and tkae the full un back to the car

the car is parked on my drive, so its not far, as you can see, it doesnt take long

i spend 10 mins max, and the most of the time is empting the drums from the car and putting them back in ;)

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 01:04:43 am »
10 minutes tops to fill 15x 25ltre

I Must have a slow tap it would take me 1/2 to fill 15 containers up.
I have a brass tap that came with the tank.

Paul

sair

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 01:22:23 pm »
dai , you could allways with some t sections and hose pipe and some o clips set out a filling station , almost like a milking parlour  and fill all at once to compensate that some fill quicker than others a simple cut off valve will stop some containers overflowing(  i buy mine from an aggricultral comapany at .89 pence each ) ..  just an idea!!! some may allready do it that way
Essentially Pure Ltd

dai

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 03:27:58 pm »
SAIR , I have not seen a cut off valve, How do they work? I was thinking of filling the tank then take out 75 ltrs and putting 3 taps in at that level. Then taking out another 75 ltrs and put in 3 more taps at that level and so on. that way I could put 3 containers  under the tap and leave them to fill on their own. Your Idea seems a lot better. Or I could just put  two1" taps  in the tank.
Thanks guys, I just thought it would take ages. Dai

williamx

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 04:05:37 pm »
Try using a transfer pump for here http://www.reachandclean.co.uk/water_pumps.htm if you get the 12v 75 litre per minute one then you will be able to fill 15 containers in 5 minutes

stephen d

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 06:08:58 pm »
dai,you could also buy a lift pump from argos approx £50,sit it in your tank ,fit a length of tubing to it reach your van then you wont have to bother loading /unloading containers. i have a 1000lt in the garage and 1000lt in the van and thats how i transfer the water which takes approx 10-15mins