This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: Other ideas to make a living
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 09:01:56 pm »
yep started a pest control business

Thought Ewan was a little quiet lately ;D ;D
;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

amayze

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 09:07:04 pm »
I'm a DJ !

Keeps the money coming in when the weathers bad, especially around Christmas.

Has anybody thought about putting up those iceical christmas lights that hang from the gutters for customers as any extra income stream ?

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 09:16:18 pm »
I'm a DJ !

Keeps the money coming in when the weathers bad, especially around Christmas.

Has anybody thought about putting up those iceical christmas lights that hang from the gutters for customers as any extra income stream ?
they are to hard to do with wfp :D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 09:53:22 pm »
I'm the other way round- i found wc as my second business. The other is markets.I am quite good at both.

Two businesses are better than one, it seems so obvious, and it is nice to have a foot in different sectors, ie, service and retail.

The only business it is possible to grow is service, retail is finished pretty much.

paulstevens

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 10:04:08 pm »
hi all been away for a while but i work in the funeral trade and do the window cleaning around that..
 :)

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 10:13:04 pm »
What a good idea, two uses for one vehicle, i presume you have those magnetic signs that detach.What size tank do you have in your hearse?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 10:17:11 pm »
hi all been away for a while but i work in the funeral trade and do the window cleaning around that..
 :)

Very interesting - what do you do exactly?
It's a game of three halves!

paulstevens

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 10:19:45 pm »
ha ha... it is a good earner. ecspecially coroners work. but its not for everyone.. its good im busy all year round theres no such thing as the recession in that trade.. ;D ;D ;D

Gold - well you know when someone jumps in front of a train im the man u see on tv in the white suit picking up the pieces... and im also the man you see walking infront of the hearse aswell as driving it

martinsadie

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 10:24:25 pm »

.. and im also the man you see walking infront of the hearse aswell as driving it
how do you do two things at once,have you got a remote for the hearse  ;D ;D

paulstevens

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 10:30:00 pm »

.. and im also the man you see walking infront of the hearse aswell as driving it
how do you do two things at once,have you got a remote for the hearse  ;D ;D

ha ha ha im also an illusionist...

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 10:42:08 pm »
Do you have a coffin shaped tank ?

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 11:00:43 pm »
If you go to matt's diy site there are pics of how he lined the coffin with ordinary bin liners and made a 400litre tank.Obviously when the 'other' work is on the tank has to be empty, but mostly he schedules the 'other' stuff for afternoons.

lcwalker

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 11:10:18 pm »
I have a few window cleaning jobs but my main job has been a gardener for 8 years i do garden maintence.Thats why i started the windows to try and get more gardening,problem is i like w/c better it's priced get it done and your gone not hourly rate.The thing is ive built up a good range of gear and will keep it as i know with the w/c will come grass cutting and other nice little earners.Problem is starting gardening is expesive to buy good quality gear i managed to buy most of mine off ebay and it's all top brands but i am quite handy with mechanic so i can fix it if it goes wrong.

G Griffin

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 11:12:27 pm »
I`m looking at lion taming. I`ve got the hat,red jacket and a whip but still looking for the right chair  :-\.

Gerry.
             ps. Paul Stevens you might see me if it doesn`t go too well.  
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gaby P.

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 11:17:25 pm »
If you go to matt's diy site there are pics of how he lined the coffin with ordinary bin liners and made a 400litre tank.Obviously when the 'other' work is on the tank has to be empty, but mostly he schedules the 'other' stuff for afternoons.

Now that's an idea ;D

EZclean

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 11:33:24 pm »
i'm a singer  8)

see MySpace link below, excuse the recording quality i've not got round to re-doing them. its what i'm good at and enjoy doing most.

have you any local bookings yet?

no mate, private do's. problem with pubs and clubs is they dont pay the same and want more for it.  ::)
i might have to ring Arden Rd up just for you! i could do with trying some new tracks out in between the bingo  ;D

i've not forgotten about ya  ;)
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

G Griffin

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:41 pm »
DIY coffins for pets and people!  

Just trying to imagine a dog making its own coffin  ;D. What about a goldfish....or do they have a burial at sea?

Is that where a dove tail joint comes from then?

Gerry.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

paulstevens

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 11:36:15 pm »

Now that's an idea ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 08:18:16 am »
The one big drawback with the funeral business is that you never build up a regular clientel. Every jobs a one off.
My mate is an undertaker and I have helped him out a few times.

tomy jackson

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 12:11:58 pm »
dead end job  ;D ;D ;D ;D