This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: Wages
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 01:03:59 pm »
the incentive is keep doing a good job or your sacked, simple as that.

I dont play games, I am honest and fair and expect the same back in return.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 02:06:17 pm »
Thats fair enough mate

You just read so much about incentivize etc on here, i pay a day rate at minute and dont think he would work any faster just because he can earn a bit more, i suppose its down to the individual i reckon incentivizing and percentages are good for subbying, or ambitious people, but there the ones that will leave and set up anyway 99% of time

Most jobs pay x amount week in and out and if you want more you do over time

Good to see that someone has good staff with normal wage

trevor perry

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 05:37:05 pm »
the incentive is keep doing a good job or your sacked, simple as that.

I dont play games, I am honest and fair and expect the same back in return.
thats a lot easier said than done these days dave with the employment law as it is ,may be you have been lucky but be careful how you go about getting rid of staff as if one takes you to a tribunal it can be very expensive.
  believe me the employment law is a complete joke and even with good reason to get rid of somebody its not that easy.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

kordun

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 07:35:52 pm »
im paid £12 an hour and also keep company van at home and use it for my own use

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 07:38:29 pm »
im paid £12 an hour and also keep company van at home and use it for my own use
when will you leave and set up on your own ??
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

kordun

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 07:59:04 pm »
Been thinking about setting up my own window cleaning business as i already do patio cleaning (part time) but not sure if it’s too risky
I would like to have new van with all new equipment, good advertising. I can afford all this but don’t know what’s stopping me. Think i need someone to push me to start that. I think about this almost everyday when i see how much money my boss is taking (£300-£400) per day on domestic work and much more on commercial

Not sure how long it will take me to make some money . will need 100s of customers to make a living
What is your experience when starting window cleaning?

ducky

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 08:00:35 pm »
i have had my own run i had it for 3 years i sold up and work for a company for £300 a week and it is more easy and less of a headache
if it cleans we will clean it

ronnie paton

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 08:01:08 pm »
so he pays you top money and even lets you use the the van and your loyalty is were,?? i hope he eads this site and gets rid of you!!!

ducky

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:57 pm »
i have the van is well i do what i want with it but one think i have learned is DO NOT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS U

Sean Dyer

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 08:06:35 pm »
i have had my own run i had it for 3 years i sold up and work for a company for £300 a week and it is more easy and less of a headache

well if you werent earning that in at least 3 days then you are better off mate :)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 08:07:58 pm »
Been thinking about setting up my own window cleaning business as i already do patio cleaning (part time) but not sure if it’s too risky
I would like to have new van with all new equipment, good advertising. I can afford all this but don’t know what’s stopping me. Think i need someone to push me to start that. I think about this almost everyday when i see how much money my boss is taking (£300-£400) per day on domestic work and much more on commercial

Not sure how long it will take me to make some money . will need 100s of customers to make a living
What is your experience when starting window cleaning?

your bosses life isnt as easy as you think mate

ducky

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 08:10:21 pm »
thanks ronnie its is true tho mate u have to come and go, i worked with the last company i did every thing i run that for them and got nothing back i run the workers the paper work all the priceing the jobs and never even got a thank u when i left. i just had a nuff of it. when i get a job again i will just be a worker

ducky

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 08:12:25 pm »
sean i was making more than £500 in a week on my own but u try getting every penny back in and paper work wages tax insurce to name but a few

kordun

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 08:13:16 pm »
If i decide to set up my own window cleaning business i will never do anything to damage their business or try to take their customers. I will start from scratch, my van, my equipment, flyers etc

Sean Dyer

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 08:14:11 pm »
ronnie

sending you email

;)

Ducky

I know what you mean mate

cash flow is no.1 killer of businesses

sounds like you are capable mate, , maybe bad timing

dont write off trying again

wasnt trying to insult you :)

ronnie paton

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 08:18:28 pm »
and???????

my new contract i having done prevents my emploees from starting up on there own amongst other things.

but to many employees seek employment when there struggling and a employee gives them a chance they learn every thing from there employer and then do one with out any considerations for the chance they were given by there boss.

let me tell you i have to take £240 a day before i make a profit...........so dont just look at what your cleaning and think WOW(i want some of that)

ducky

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 08:19:57 pm »
thanks sean i do not want to do it again mate me and the wife and kids are moveing down to east yorkshire . i just want to be with a company who i can help to grow and get a good wage for it

Sean Dyer

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 08:27:37 pm »
fair enough, every business needs an employee

you sound like a good un, when i get big enough you can come and grow mine :)