Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

Re: Mentoring Scheme
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2009, 11:28:56 pm »
wish we had a shop that stays open after 11 on a saturday night. cupboards are empty and ive got the munchies. oh well, sprouts and custard it is then ;D
seriously ;D

derek

Joe H

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2009, 11:52:37 pm »
Denise,
I do hope you get to read this
you are dead right what you say.
I know Pete is a helpful guy.
Just there is a huge clash of personalities form time to time.
I wish they didnt happen and I have expressed this on truckmounters where it all began on this occassion.

What Pete and others are doing to organise whatever is up to them.
When its time for them to speak and offer what they have they will get a response or not.

Its easy to say dont let it worry you what is said because I know it does have an affect. I know cause I am getting the flack on CCDO right now and not for the first time, and it does trouble you.

At times I feel like packing in the forums because of it all - but you know there are more gooduns then the not so good uns. Like Pete I too enjoy helping others, and I know many of the other members of the forums do to. Its just we have to put up with those who are lacking in some areas that it brings out the nasty side of them.

So at the end of the day it really is not worth the worry.
Pete will survive, I will survive, life will go on even without the forums.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2009, 12:22:28 am »
Hi Guys and Denise,

Of course Pete is a honourable man, and most on here know that.

I have always believed CC's are  intelligent people who know what is going on and know what Pete, myself and others are trying to achieve is for the good of the industry.

It is ineviatable that some people will be negative, cast aspersions etc but have no real backbone or drive to actually achieve anything, it is so much easier to criticise than to build .

The most important thing is to keep pushing on.

Cheers

Doug

Jason Hedges

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2009, 12:36:15 am »
Denise - You're a good woman and Pete is a good man, he said you were wound up a few hours ago when I spoke to him and well done you for saying your piece.

Critisism on these forums is rife at present, its a shame because it didnt used to be this way.
Pete knows who his friends are and they will always be.

Keep your chin up and realise that not everyone has the same opinions.

Petes a good friend to many just dont let the negatives get you or him down.

All the best,
Jason.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 01:36:13 am »
Denise, i only met Pete for about 10 mins last year at CCDO, which he and Jason spent money and time organising.
He is one of them guys that likes to help other people, he also wants to learn from other people, all this he does for no personal gain.

Pete set up the Yell deal for a lot of people, from what i have heard on all forums, i would say 90% have gained. He got them all a good deal (wish i was in), again it was his own free time he put into it.

Seemingly he is trying to set up a new organisation, which i believe is in the very early stages, this tells me he is a forward thinking sort of guy from what i have heard. On the other hand there are people who seemingly have tried to set up this kind of thing before, but unfortunately has failed for one reason or another. That does does not mean these people have a right to shoot him down before he has even had time to put his ideas into practice, from what i have read these people are backing him in one statement and bringing him down in another, ( they like to think they have people on their side while trying to bring  an honourable man down on the other hand)
These people would be better off if they stood along side him, and put a hand in to help him bring this industry forward.
I can imagine you feel very low, seeing your man working hard, and putting all his time and effort into something, at the same time, looking after his family, only to see him being broght down by others who are jealous , for one reason or another. Your husband obviously has a vision, keep standing by him, he is a good MAN.

carpet cleaners for carpet cleaners, not against.

Andrew

richy27

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2009, 01:49:19 am »
I have never met pete in person but helped me out with yell and have been gratefull. from what i have seen pete is a pro active business man who is keen to share ideas and help others where he can.

the whole point of aforum is too use it too everyones advantage by sharing information to improve what we are all trying to achieve.

if people have not got nice things to say or anything constructive then dont say anything at all.

rant over good night.

robert meldrum

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2009, 09:12:49 am »
I was once quoted............." Do some people a favour and they'll never forgive you " Sounds wrong, but it happens all the time.

If you try to introduce change, you WILL get resistence and criticism as it's how people react when they feel threatened or think their secure niche is being invaded.

If Pete's the driving force behind this, there is a good chance if not a probability of success.

There are plenty highly qualified  / competent and ligitimate trainers and courses which could be used by any organisation within the industry and if a new organisation taps into this pool of excellence and as a result raises standards and the profile of carpet cleaning they will be doing the industry and the users of their services a big favour.

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 09:47:05 am »
Well, Well, Well, I have also been reading the boards over the years I have laughed on many occasions also. But this is the best so far.
The last few pages of comments could have come straight from a Walt Disney film, I mean
“Carpet cleaners for carpet cleaners, not against.” (Posted by Andrew) the rest of that post I could not rewrite as it made me cry
(lol) This topic is about FREE help.   
The forums are here to help people free of charge, members often help each other out via Internet, phones and in person. I have over the years made many a coffee for our guests, which are here for many hours while my husband fixes their problems, or spends hours on the phone helping them out, and they are all very nice people while they need help. But once they are safe at home and sat in front of their keyboards “some” of them practice their knife throwing skills. (See I have written this without the Walt Disney Effects)

As I see it any association needs the customers to recognise their importance (like corgi) because the customer needs to know that if the carpet cleaner they employ is the very best this land has to offer. So the associations need to be all seeing and knowing. As they are vouching for the quality and standards of the members. It also may take many years for customers to be assured the a trade association is genuine (watchdog has put a lot of people right about some of them which represent other trades). I my experience your own reputation says it all, in the cc world customers will come back again and again if you do your job right.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 09:51:40 am »
Look at it this way, when you started your cleaning company did you tell everyone what you were going to do before you got your leaflets, business cards, insurance, van, machine, training etc etc?

The foundaions have to be laid first and Pete is working extremely hard and it makes sense that he does it all quietly as he has nothing really to report as there is nothing to report, work it out people.

Shaun 

Steve Birch

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2009, 10:52:59 am »
Hi

I too have only met Pete once at a CCDO,but I have spoken to him a number of times on the phone.He has helped me a lot when I first set up in the carpet cleaning,with help on matters such as advice support and Yell.

I know if I required help now as in the past he would always find time to return a call.

Regards

Steve

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2009, 11:26:31 am »
Shaun,

So you haven't even discussed the form and format of a brand new association and yet you're getting ready to launch it at the CCDO in April? You've discussed the membership fee, £109. You've discussed, and I assume agreed the content of the Entry Exam that is to be set by Doug Holloway and for which there will be a fee for taking it (that's a bit like Asda putting a turnstile at the entrance to their stores to charge people to come in and buy a can of beans). You've discussed, and presumably agreed that the industry needs more structured training courses because the current training providers and their courses are 'the toilet.' You've discussed and agreed who gets what flashy title, Shaun Ashmore - President, Jason Hedges - Finance Director, Peter Sweeney - Communications Director, Dave Liahona / Doug Holloway Technical Directors, but there is nothing to report?

Like I keep saying, I am not against this idea just for the sake of it. I am against it because it is an opportunity missed to create a truly inclusive new association that will work for the interests of the entire carpet cleaning industry. You can't do that with a behind closed doors dictatorship of self appointed egotists at the helm,who think they and they alone know what WE want. Wouldn't it be so much better if you'd had the humility to consult people and gather in views from all corners of the industry and build a new association on the basis of what people actually want instead of what you THINK they want?
If you think you have identified a hole in the training market, then start a training company. If you think you can start a national marketing / sales scheme for carpet cleaners, fine, do it, but don't do either of these things and call it an association because it's not, it's in all but name a franchise operation dressed up to look like and association and that is why you want to keep it secret.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2009, 11:57:15 am »
Look at it this way, when you started your cleaning company did you tell everyone what you were going to do before you got your leaflets, business cards, insurance, van, machine, training etc etc?

The foundaions have to be laid first and Pete is working extremely hard and it makes sense that he does it all quietly as he has nothing really to report as there is nothing to report, work it out people.

Shaun 
shaun

when i started me business i told everyone, asked them  for advice, used them as research, even went into town and did a survey on how they would search for services, quite a few newbies coming on here for advice before starting too.

not getting this at all.

simon says what a lot of people are thinking and everyone gets upset.
its just a few words on a forum, you have a reply button and an off switch, your choice. but when the wife has to come in to rally support, i think its time to call it a day cos you really shouldn't be getting upset over anything on here.
we all get annoyed with certain people, but upset?  "MAN UP FFS"

"MY OPINION, RIGHT OR WRONG" except it, ignore it or deal with it accordingly, but don't get upset about it.

derek

ps.... i suppose it does make for good entertainment though, better than eastenders on here. ;D

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2009, 12:02:53 pm »

As Doug says I think most carpet cleaners are pretty smart and can make up their own minds about any new organisation. I'm sure they have done their 'market research' and have a pretty good idea what carpet cleaners want and if they have got it wrong then they won't get any members will they?

Simon

You have put an awful lot of energy into putting the mockers on the new association and I'm just wondering...  if the new association succeeds how that will reflect on your previous efforts to create one?

Maybe at some level you feel threatened, because at the moment you can always say a new association didn't work and wouldn't work now.

Just a thought to think about as it may not of even crossed your mind yet.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2009, 12:07:08 pm »
Derek which wife are we on about Glynns's Mrs. Karen Waterworth or Denise?

Simon do you think that ITV wrote to the BBC when they had an idea to start another channel? there's not alot to tell until things are detailed and finalised then everyone can have the chance to see them all at their leisure. Nice to see that Paul has filled you in because his OWN private members click hasn't worked?

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 12:11:33 pm »
Derek we must get our mrs on here too ;D

Glynn

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 12:24:42 pm »
Shaun,
Yes Karen is my wife as you know you have met her.
She is allowed her opinion and this has nothing to do with me, so there's no hiding going on here let me assure you.
Karen has been a business partner and a director of the company for many many years and she is a member on this board in her own right.
Regards
Glynn

derek west

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2009, 12:26:16 pm »
clinton
naaaaaaaa, she's to busy laughing at all the posts, she can't see the keys for tears in her eyes ;D

she's traded coronation street for this instead. tunes in at 7 everynight, and reads the omnibus on sunday with a glass of red and chocolate hob nob. ;D

simon
now thats a very small gap. ;D
derek

ps... bring on the battle of the wives, that'll make us look like teddy bears eating gummy bears at a fairy cake convention. ;D while wearing tu tu's  ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2009, 12:33:38 pm »
Hi Guys

By all means have opinions but please do not post insults.

Cheers

Doug

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2009, 01:00:21 pm »
Mike,
I'm not trying to put the mockers on anything. What you and others are trying to do is stifle any form of debate on the form and function of a new association, it's almost as if you don't want the carpet cleaning industry represented in something that is supposed to represent the carpet cleaning industry.
What I am against is the total lack of consultation and discussion on what any new association representing the carpet cleaning industry should be. If there's something wrong in that, Mike, or if you think I don't have a right to ask these questions or express my views on the matter then at least have the balls to come out and say so.
You don't have to agree with me, Mike, and clearly you don't, but you are clean out of order trying to suppress any discussion just because you don't like the subject matter.

Simon

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2009, 01:34:30 pm »
Simon

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm just sick of hearing the same old rant from you over and over again, it's boring. If it was someone in a pub they could move to the other side of the bar.

Can you imagine a carpet cleaning assiciation run by Simon?

If your childish rants on here are anything to go by no wonder you couldn't get any members. You come across as a complete bully. Can't see why anyone would want you as a leader unless you were paying their wages.

If you have even the slightest empathy for others you will realise you've said your piece and wait and see what they come up with or you will just keep on ranting away looking more Mr Angry by the minute.