This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trevor perry

Re: south lakeland
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »
Ive cleaned castle cements a few times subbing from oakley maintenance,

So has laurie,

Its quite a big job.

i cleaned castle cement for 18 years but jacked it in as the safety officer was a real pain in the ass, that baked on cement dust on the 7x and on the top floor veluxe windows could be a real pain some weeks.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

trevor perry

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »
cleaning all round clitheroe's a big job with all the crap that comes out of castle.
 ;D

snow everyday there everythings that white

anyone know my uncle dominic 'docker' doyle, does round clitheroe and f.o.bowland. he's old school trad 30 odd yrs at it.

i worked clitheroe and a domestic round in hurst green for about 20 years but never came accross your uncle, i will ask my dad if he knows him hes been cleaning windows since the 1950s and more than likely will know him. Your uncle will probably know george blackburn he had a large round in clitheroe and was old school too his son now does the round i think.
  you mentioned you are originally from colne we recently have just started the contract in colne for cleaning the woodheads abbatoir every night its a filthy job.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Dean Taberner

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 07:40:45 pm »

So has laurie,

Its quite a big job.

i cleaned castle cement for 18 years but jacked it in as the safety officer was a real pain in the ass, that baked on cement dust on the 7x and on the top floor veluxe windows could be a real pain some weeks.

7x is a right off now Trevor,

You cant even see the top windows now,

Who was the safety guy? Ben King?
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

trevor perry

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 07:46:39 pm »

So has laurie,

Its quite a big job.

7x is a right off now Trevor,

You cant even see the top windows now,

Who was the safety guy? Ben King?

no the safety officer was called chris fish, how did the 7x become so bad i used to get it clean every week including those luvre windows what sort of acid where you using when you cleaned them or had they stopped the use of acid when you did them.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 07:50:28 pm »
Ladders are a complete no go on there now so wfp is the only option,

Soaking wet windows with airbourne cement flying everywhere tells its own story :o :o

We used citric acid from by the electrical shop on the ground floor.

trevor perry

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 08:02:53 pm »
with wfp it would be hard and you would have to think out the box to get them clean, it would involve applying the acid by a dema valve and then rinsing with pure water but in my opinion this would be more dangerous than ladders all that citric acid dripping everywhere.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 08:05:49 pm »
Its an horrific job mate

trevor perry

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 08:26:26 pm »
i used to quite like it as it could be done any weather and could start early, i used to get there at 4am on a monday then go on my houses at 9am and work on them till about 5pm it was real character building in winter.

abilol

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 10:12:33 pm »
did eddie use to clean windows with you at  castle trevor i dont mind castle nice and steady laurie

EZclean

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 12:38:34 am »
cleaning all round clitheroe's a big job with all the crap that comes out of castle.
 ;D

snow everyday there everythings that white

anyone know my uncle dominic 'docker' doyle, does round clitheroe and f.o.bowland. he's old school trad 30 odd yrs at it.

i worked clitheroe and a domestic round in hurst green for about 20 years but never came accross your uncle, i will ask my dad if he knows him hes been cleaning windows since the 1950s and more than likely will know him. Your uncle will probably know george blackburn he had a large round in clitheroe and was old school too his son now does the round i think.
  you mentioned you are originally from colne we recently have just started the contract in colne for cleaning the woodheads abbatoir every night its a filthy job.

i still call it borthwicks, before it was woodheads. my dad drives hgv's for them, dont envy that job either, the stink used to fill the asda, dread to think what its like inside bud.
not for me that job   :D
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

trevor perry

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 01:18:12 pm »
did eddie use to clean windows with you at  castle trevor i dont mind castle nice and steady laurie
he did for a few weeks but he suffered from sticky mattress syndrome back then and was not out of bed when i went to pick him up so i let him go, shame as otherwise he was a good lad.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 09:06:28 pm »
eddie who worked for oakley?

is it eddie radcliffe?

EZclean

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 09:48:56 am »
i know eddie radcliffe
if you know eddie, then you'll  know the Vickery brothers

EZclean

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 10:10:29 am »
eddie who worked for oakley?

is it eddie radcliffe?

oakley used to do castle at one time i think?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 04:04:43 pm »
ezklean

oakley still do castle

dean