Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

how much would you pay for a job lead with details

under a £1
2.9%
1 (2.9%)
£1 -£2
8.8%
3 (8.8%)
between £2 and £5
20.6%
7 (20.6%)
between £5 and £10
17.6%
6 (17.6%)
depends on the size of job but its worth something
32.4%
11 (32.4%)
i wouldn't pay cos i'm cwap at converting leads

0 (0%)
i wouldn't pay
17.6%
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

derek west

Re: whats a lead worth
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 06:02:20 pm »
theres no doubt that anyone who charges well would pay commision on a job. thats not the question.
the question is, how much is a lead worth?
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 06:09:17 pm »
The way I see it is a leed is worth nothing but a job is worth %.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 06:22:50 pm »
how can you say a lead is worth nothing when every carpet cleaner pays £1000's of pounds every year to get leads.
really doesn't ring true to me.
at the end of the day, a lead is worth something, its how much thats hard to answer.
derek

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 06:48:13 pm »
Derek,
Its quality not quantity yes they are worth a small % but if the company are going to sell those leads to every carpet cleaner in the area then the conversion rates arent going to be very good as Most will probably pick the cheapest, If however they are only selling them to only you and targeting doctors, Directors, Bently, Range Rover Audi owners then they are probably worth a £10 + a lead.

Im not against the idea and have just sent a cheque for £25.00 to a shop who reccommended me for a £250.00 job but they know i will only pay them once the work is carried out.

Paul

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 07:04:46 pm »
Image a worst case scenario where you get leeds that all come to dead ends! if you want I will send you the names and addresses of the Manchester phone book and you can pay me £1 a name.

See where I'm coming from?

Using the YP to compare against isn't accurate as people looking in there are actually interested in having something cleaned who knows where the lead has come from? the other way of looking at it is that with YP customers are incontrol when they call as they have to make the call so they are in buying mood where as when you call the lead they aren't as warm.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 08:03:10 pm »
Image a worst case scenario where you get leeds that all come to dead ends! if you want I will send you the names and addresses of the Manchester phone book and you can pay me £1 a name.

See where I'm coming from?

Using the YP to compare against isn't accurate as people looking in there are actually interested in having something cleaned who knows where the lead has come from? the other way of looking at it is that with YP customers are incontrol when they call as they have to make the call so they are in buying mood where as when you call the lead they aren't as warm.

Shaun
no i don't see where your coming from, read the whole thread properly, it state, "work to be done and phone number" a proper lead where someone has phoned and asked for a quote for work. how much is that worth?
paul
no doubt it'll be a mixture of price shoppers and bentley owners, rough with the smooth, hence working out what its worth by averages.

right, back to my garlic bread with cheese, and a viking lager. oh yes
derek

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 08:21:15 pm »
Derek if you are so convinced the lead idea is a goer I think you ought to get on with it rather than trying to convince everybody. If it turns out that it's producing good leads people will happily pay, if it doesn't you will soon run out of steam.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 08:23:34 pm »
Perhaps it isn't as clearly stated as that in your first post but I'm not quibbling about that but I have had companies itching to give me leads in my area but want to take my money first, can the lead be trusted?

Shaun

PS gone off the newcastle brown? or is it a quick Viking?

derek west

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 08:43:15 pm »
newcastle brown ale is too good to drink with food, everybody knows that. ;)
derek

The Great One

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 09:07:02 pm »
Hi

It's worth what you are willing to pay for it.

Regards

Martin 8)

jasonl

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »
Hi

Regards

Martin 8)

...............And it seems most on here are not willing to pay anything for a lead.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jim_77

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 10:08:22 pm »
Ever thought about working this out backwards Derek?

If you keep records of every quote you do, you can divide your marketing spend by the number of new enquirers you've had, which will give you the cost to create each customer.

Needs to be worked out over a year period or more to work best.

vacman

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 10:42:02 pm »
Where's he gone  ???

I was enjoying this debate  ;D

derek west

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2009, 10:54:53 pm »
Hi

Regards

Martin 8)

...............And it seems most on here are not willing to pay anything for a lead.

jason
maths not your strong point fella?

or could you not be bothered to actually check the results of the poll.

derek

mitch2810

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 08:50:50 am »
Derek, I would happily pay £10 for any genuine leads, but they would have to be genuine. I generally close about 80% of quotations I do and have an average job ticket of £240, so £10 per lead would be money well spent. I agree with you when you say you cant understand anyone not paying, yet they will pay £1000 for leaflets or £3000 for an ad in y/p but they still have no guaranteed return. Let us know how you get on. I still think tele sales is the way to go.
Phil

robert meldrum

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 09:58:38 am »
What does a lead cost ?

As we all know, referrals are leads, but a referral is a qualified lead usually from a source with evidence of the quality of services provided. That being so, a referral will convert to a sale almost 100% of the time and it has cost nothing in terms of cash.

Unqualified leads still need to be SOLD to and some will produce work, but might take up a lot of valuable time which could be spent working your existing list.

Where unqualified leads will probably work would be the VOLUME market but that's where, supposedly  no one want's to operate.

jasonl

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 02:51:15 pm »
Hi

Regards

Martin 8)

jason
maths not your strong point fella?

or could you not be bothered to actually check the results of the poll.

derek

I could not be bothered to check the results of the poll , sorry teacher.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 03:21:36 pm »
50 lines in by tomorrow,
"i must remember to check polls" ;D
headmaster west,