This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: Gutter price applied
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 07:14:16 pm »
£50 the lot - empty, clean soffits and fascias the whole shabang.
I know these prices have been quoted it's one street over from me too. Customer chose me through recommendation and he didn't like doorknockers. I did it for £65 which is still too cheap in my opinion but most customers around me aren't stupid and there's plenty of cheap competition about at the moment. Some of the dearest/fastest are the Gypsies who live on a site just outside of town.
:o
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 07:14:48 pm »
Which leads me to a question  ;)

How much higher can the guy with the top of the range Ionics type waterfed van system costing £30,000, embroidered polo shirt and full uniform charge for window cleaning over the guy with his Mondeo and bucket?

Answer: not a lot.

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 07:20:39 pm »

How much higher can the guy with the top of the range Ionics type waterfed van system costing £30,000, embroidered polo shirt and full uniform charge for window cleaning over the guy with his Mondeo and bucket?

over 9 meters for a start  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wizard

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 11:14:13 pm »
Thanks guys for your input.I will be happy to hear from more, so keep it coming.

Mike #1

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 06:43:47 am »
we typically charge more for gutter cleans as it's a crappy job by hand , cleaning them out that is , also while i'm cleaning guter out i visually check over roof i tell custy if i have spotted any problems , other week told custy ridge tiles did'nt look very secure and best get builder out incase they end up on his car whch would be afar bigger bill than £15

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 07:44:35 am »
i did four last week all by hand then clean them and the and fascia etc by hand i charge any where from £60 to £120 depending on the size off the house ,got another two to do next week

Mike #1

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 08:13:31 am »
nice job mate do you se tfr , i'm abit nervey about pricing to high

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 08:32:03 am »
no i use a upvc spray about five pound a bottle lasts me two or three jobs when i get back from football ill get it name for you. as for pricing i charge more for white guttering than for black as the end results stand out more i try to get a least a days wage , all my customer have been very very pleased with the end results

Mike #1

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 08:37:00 am »
i use tfr got a 25ltr container of ebay £15.00 5-1 ratio mix thanks anyway far cheaper than pvc cleaner got some of that from ags ago somewhere in shed

ftp

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 08:40:27 am »
Grwindows, how did you reach above the conservatory?

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 08:47:42 am »
Grwindows, how did you reach above the conservatory?
was wondering the same!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 08:55:39 am »
Personally I never offer just to do a "clean out",.. its the whole job or nothing. With the time involved in travelling to the job setting up & packing away all the gear etc it simply isn't worth doing half a job.
My average charge for a 3 bed semi is €135 and my customers are happy to pay it.

R W C

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 09:43:43 am »
I think some of the prices that are being stated that you can earn maybe earnt now but i really cant see it staying this way, I think councils and management companys will twig onto this soon realising it will be cheaper to buy the system for a few thousand and employe there own in house cleaner to do it and save themselves a absolute bomb in the process, so take advantage now of the 100s of pounds an hour some state to get. Competition will be huge soon so if someone is happy to earn a really good wage cleaning them compared to someone who expects to earn in a day what most people earn in 2 weeks then fare play to them, I hate doing gutters, fascias and soffits so if i dont pass them on then i will price well for them but I would never rip someone off by charging 100s for a hours work.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2009, 12:40:19 pm »
i made a diy pole with a changeable ends for a scoop to do the insides and a brush and also can fit a flat plate on to which a cloth goes onto to do the gutters and fascias as they all have flat sides.And it adjust to go over conservators etc

wizard

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 07:10:02 pm »
sHOW US SOME PICS OF YOUR TOOLS YOU HAVE MADE THEY ARE VERY EFFECTIVE.WELL DONE

TonyD

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 07:25:20 pm »

True, but he can do a whole lot more windows in a day, especially with that long pole, and win lots more contracts that mean a decent growth and very nice income, that's probably what someone with a £30k set up and proper business branding is aiming to do.  All depends on what type of business you want and are happy with.  Some people are happy with their car and working as a sole trader - good luck to them, nothing wrong with that, money doesn't buy happyness.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:31 pm »
wizard ill take some pic tomorrow and put them on very easy to make and cheap to but they do a good job

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »
UNGER TRAD POLE with a screw in gutter scoop on the end then swap and put a fixi clamp with a sponge/cloth for outside soffits and gutters.get a swivel squeegy and u can clean the window above the conny roof while ur there ;)simple.i got all my gear from the windowclean centre.save messin about makin a homemade thing. ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 09:59:09 pm »
cant believe some of u guys.just buy the right equipment for the job its all on the internet.itll pay for itself many times over than some cheap DIY thing.if u turned up at my flat with a cheap diy thing and try and charge me 120quid i would think u were takin the p.cheapskates ;D
price higher/work harder!

mileslake

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 09:05:36 pm »
in my humble opinion gutters and windows are different products and so command different prices. Whilst you will always get someone cheaper than any price quoted i for one would look VPM rather than simple price.
For example I buy Hienz Beans at 48p but could get asda own brand for 21p you pays your money you takes your choice. I truely believe that if you look and do the business you will do the business

Try Aldi Corale beans.. Lovely. Only about 20p per can...