This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Re: GOALS
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:57 pm »
Everybody has got window cleaners around here, been going 3 years. Very difficult getting more work.

If I take average of 4 months, it's around £2000 a month  83 custies a month. That's not bad I guess. :)

I just realised I met my own target by doing that calculation. Now to set another one. :)

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:45 pm »
I had over 400 customers at one point some years ago.  I have 230 now plus some subbie work.  I earn far more from the way my business currently is than I ever did from the 400+ .

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 11:14:42 pm »
340 and been going 15 yrs.all TRAD but van and WFP next year.still weeding out the odd bad uns ;D.glad ive stuck at it with so many out of work.im unemployable anyway.never really went to school after 14 but im doin ok compared to some of them swots 8)
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 11:50:35 pm »
I'm never satisfied. You need to improve your systems dave. You will find this time well spent.

Look at what you do and do it better, particulary where you have contact with the customer.

mark dew

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:14 am »
well done dave. I was still new to it then. It's inspired me reading your posts over the years under different guises. ;D
On foriegn shores as well. I think cozy does too but i think your customers are all locals and no expats?? You have my respect.  :)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 06:44:49 am »
Well done Pingu!

I think everyone should have goals. It gives you something to work towards.

I've been going just over 6 months and got 230 custys. That's knocking, leaflets and refferals. I have to admit my wife got me 70% of the work through knocking.

I've upgraded to a van & system, so I have more spaces now. My lovely wife is out knocking for me again bless her. Space for another 30 - 40 I think, then I'm full
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cozy

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 06:52:14 am »
well done dave. I was still new to it then. It's inspired me reading your posts over the years under different guises. ;D
On foriegn shores as well. I think cozy does too but i think your customers are all locals and no expats?? You have my respect.  :)
Yes Mark, me and Pingu are real heroes 8) Not really me though, half my custies are squaddies, and they pay over the odds compared to what they would pay in UK. Picked up by leafleting and following up a couple of days later by knocking. Germans take longer to get, It's always by appointment, and always in & out with frames. Got enough work for 2 of us, will need to employ part time very soon. Always weeding out bad payers and funnies. I would never have put this together as fast as I would have in UK. You guys have more competition.

One very important point I would like to make, beer is very cheap here! ;D ;D ;D

Ian Rochester

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 07:02:46 am »
Approx 1500 customers, commercial and domestic, vary from weekly to twice a year, 6 staff on the windows and they have a daily/weekly target to achieve.

Our window cleaning goals now are not to push the domestic which makes up about 60% in value of our business, but probably 90% of our number of customers, but to look more at the larger commercial side, securing customers on contracts and also looking into offering a full facilities management service. 

Just managed to get a smallish NHS contract which includes the window cleaning and daily contract cleaning, hopefully by getting our foot in the door other doors may open.

tompoole

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 08:30:13 am »
started jan 08, leafleted in feb march april of that year then left it to word of mouth, never moaned never made an excuse just did what was asked. Now have 280 good regulars + con cleans etc.

TonyD

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 10:19:45 am »
I've just come round to the end on month 1, and now on second visits to my first 4 week customers.

Target : Gain 20 domestic customers and any retail as a bonus.  Buy all the last bits of trad equipment that I need.

Achieved : 38 domestic and 5 small retail (hairdresser size).  Bought all the last trad bits. 
I have a few leads from cold calling and cold e-mails for small commercial work (only trad height)  and turned away 2 apartment block quotes (that I now realise I should have quoted to sub out  ::)   )

October goals :

Put more time canvassing / cold calling in and increase the first months target for domestic and retail/commercial.
Drop around 10 domestic customers that I priced too low in my first week canvassing.
Network more to gain retail/commercial.
Look into ideas for a small canvassing business. 

November :

Buy backpack/trolley, pole/hoses and DI to get familiar with wfp
Win some larger/higher commercial work.
Separate the window cleaning from my handyman business and name/brand as a seperate business.
Signwriting for van and website.

December :

Carry on with domestic/commercial growth of window cleaning.

New year :

First quarter :

Shut down handyman business.
Look into a small website product sales business idea, bit of a gap in the market. ( unrelated to windowcleaning).
Have a full month of customers.
Trade more vehicles (I'm a part time motor trader)

Rest of year :

Set up full van wfp system
More motor trading to build higher single vehicle values.

Long term :

Sale of window cleaning business.
Sale of canvassing business (if any)
Sale of small product sales web based business. (unrelated to window cleaning)

Set up with prestige/sports car sales business with car care services.

Roy Harding

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 02:18:48 pm »
I will be soon starting my 27th year, and have an average now of 102 jobs a month.

Roy

Kwackers

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 02:35:14 pm »
Approx 1500 customers, commercial and domestic, vary from weekly to twice a year, 6 staff on the windows and they have a daily/weekly target to achieve.

Our window cleaning goals now are not to push the domestic which makes up about 60% in value of our business, but probably 90% of our number of customers, but to look more at the larger commercial side, securing customers on contracts and also looking into offering a full facilities management service. 

Just managed to get a smallish NHS contract which includes the window cleaning and daily contract cleaning, hopefully by getting our foot in the door other doors may open.

Now that is what I call impressive!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 02:45:11 pm »
Ian Rochester.... I would love to hear your story... How you started, what you did, things you had to overcome to get where you are today. I'm sure I'm not the only one

My goals for Dec / Jan were to get a van and tank system.

My car died a few weeks back, so its been pushed forward. I have the van and tank system being fitted in the morning. I only just realised I've hit my goal early!

New goal for Dec 2009

Have my round full with residental, weed out the rubbish and replenish.

Goal for July 2010

To have enough work to take on someone part time

Goal for March 2011

2nd van on the road with two rounds in seperate areas

Totally achiveable I believe

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

suds window service

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 05:01:30 pm »

1500 customers thats MIND BOGGELING ;D

Kwackers

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 05:05:09 pm »
My Goal.

Get setup and get some work canvassed to get me started and build it over 3 years while i'm at university :)