Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

Re: TACCA GM 2010
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 12:17:13 pm »
this meeting will be a none profit event.
i will be approaching a charity (to be confirmed, suggestions welcome all though i'm thinking along the lines of needy kids) so cheques will be made payable to the charity chosen. (not to tacca or me)
the venue and meal will be around £15 so tickets will be £25 (and no more) to make it worth while for the charity chosen.
this will be an oppertunity for great minds to get together, (as well as me ;D) to thrash out ideas and bang heads. not just for tacca but for the future of carpet cleaners. no mis interpretations like we get on here but face to face discussions about how an organisation can be started and progress forward to the next level.

with your support this could be a great event.
i have 7 confirmed including a guest speaker.

i urge you all with any views to pencil yourselves in, there is no commitment until the venue and charity is arranged but i need rough numbers for venue size.
pete
this would be a perfect opportunity for you to get serious feedback for your org.  tacca gm is just a fictitious name to get everyone together.
we've got the smoke, lets make fire.
email derek@affordablecleaners.co.uk

derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 01:22:03 pm »
Derek,

I applaud your enthusiasm but I think you are wasting your time and efforts which would be better directed at developing your own business.
Me and Glyn looked at this from pretty much the same perspective as you with the Truck Mounted Carpet Cleaners Association and quickly came to the conclusion that it would be an absolute nightmare to put into practise.
And to be honest with you, I really don't think there is sufficient enthusiasm within the wider carpet cleaning fraternity for another association, however different it may aim to be.
If I were you I'd spend my time trying to find a hundred or so people who would be willing  to join the NCCA as a block in exchange for a seat on the board and then change it from within. Alternatively you could find a hundred or so existing NCCA members and have them threaten to leave unless they get someone of their choosing on the board. Love or hate the NCCA, they have the infrastructure that you are looking for and it will take you years and many £10's of thousands of pounds to replicate what they have.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 01:42:47 pm »
be a good night out though simon, and people like you and glyn there would be a bonus. working out how to turn negatives into positives is what lifes all about, and if it can't be done then so be it. worth a shot though, i'll even buy you a pint, which will probably make the national press if someone takes a picture ;D
derek

derek west

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »
i've just got an AC/DC tribute band to perform there, and there good, went to see them yesterday at a fun day.
derek

clinton

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 02:03:07 pm »
Was it hells bells ???

Was at the biker show in stockport yesterday its a masive show for charity..

derek west

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 02:12:59 pm »
no clinton
theyve only just started out, friends of mine. but really good.
derek

clinton

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 02:25:53 pm »
Sounds good derek and there are lots of pubs they can play in in our area,from the thatched house in stockport.the hart to towler in bury and there is one in leigh and thats just a few..

derek west

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 02:34:02 pm »
need a central venue to be fair on every one, preferably just off a motorway. still working on that one. anyone know the centre of the uk?
derek

Dennis

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 02:41:41 pm »

clinton

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 02:43:08 pm »
Sory meant a few places for your friends to play in there band..

Yes agree with the meeting for the tacca venue so it suits everyone..

derek west

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 03:02:45 pm »
i think warrington looks promising, easy to get there for most.
derek

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 03:10:00 pm »
WARRINGTON !!  :o

Thats 212 miles and a 3 hour trip for me !

Mind you thats par for the course with this bloody trade. In the last year I've been to Leicester, Harrogate, Cambridge, Norfolk, Wales, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Hull !

It would be nice if just for once something happened in the South - oh I forgot about Hydramasters Dirty Weekend - only a 5 hour trip in the other direction !  ;D

Steve

clinton

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 03:11:50 pm »
Think hes joking steve ??? ;D

Joe H

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 03:31:10 pm »
Maybe not Clinton.

Depending what source of info you look at to see what is the centre of these "kingdoms" we are part of.

I always though the centre was Meriden, sort of Solihull area (National Motorcycle Museum would be a good place). But thats centre of England and under dispute anyway.

Centre of UK inc all the islands could be Dunsop Bridge in Lancashire or about 70 miles away from that in Northumberland, or a place in Yorkshire is also favoured.

All depends apparantly on what criteria one uses.

Wilkopedia is a good source.

clinton

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 03:46:37 pm »
Well never thought it like that ;D

The motorycle museum is one superb day out :)

never seen so many superb machines on show.even the early british ones..

derek west

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:36 pm »
steve you have mail
the answer to all your travelling needs ;D
derek

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 04:20:08 pm »
Derek

This is what you are up against.

PS Bristol would be a great location. ;) :)

derek west

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 04:38:18 pm »
i can't afford a TACCA roadshow ;D

i suppose if the worst comes to the worst and no one wants to travel, i'll cancel the band and get some strippers in, that'll work ;D

derek

JandS

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 05:06:31 pm »
Isn't it Windemere that's supposed to be centre of UK.

jOHN
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »
steve you have mail
the answer to all your travelling needs ;D
derek

Cheers Derek

I gotta get me one of them - maybe by selling more protector !  ;D ;D

Steve