This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: fishing pole keep breaking
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 05:13:29 pm »
Thanks Matt I think about 35 ft would do for me, cant quite stretch to the slx yet. now to find that link again  ;) 

you could check out this DIY pole site

http://diywfpole.webs.com/

;) ;) ;) ;)

elite mike

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 05:32:50 pm »
grandeslam11m here so far down page  8)

http://grandeslam.co.uk/acatalog/Poles.html

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 06:12:56 pm »
Thanks guys. :)
Sussex by the sea

GWCS

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 06:20:19 pm »
i am not sure why people have such issues of hate with fishing poles

they are SUPER LIGHT

they are easy to use

they are as cheap as you can get

they are SUPER LIGHT

as i said above, mine is allmost 2 years old, who can complain about that ? ? ?

we here about changing bolts and clamps and people having to tighten clamps and spray PTFE spray and clean poles etc etc, my fishing pole has had no cleaning, no spraying ( though i did get some spray for it, i cannot find the can in the garage )

the main selling point is how light it is, people just dont seem to get that point

Matt people wont listen no matter how you put it. For those that want to save money, those that want to reduce the weight of the equipment they use its a good choice. Most people on here are equipment snobs.

Ive tried the fishing poles and they are great! However i have decided to splash out for a slx - and im enjoying the use of it because of its increased benefits over a fishing pole. Its preferential choice, and i will use fishing poles in the future.

thanks to you and tosh for bringing them to my attention.

matt

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »
i am not sure why people have such issues of hate with fishing poles

they are SUPER LIGHT

they are easy to use

they are as cheap as you can get

they are SUPER LIGHT

as i said above, mine is allmost 2 years old, who can complain about that ? ? ?

we here about changing bolts and clamps and people having to tighten clamps and spray PTFE spray and clean poles etc etc, my fishing pole has had no cleaning, no spraying ( though i did get some spray for it, i cannot find the can in the garage )

the main selling point is how light it is, people just dont seem to get that point

Matt people wont listen no matter how you put it. For those that want to save money, those that want to reduce the weight of the equipment they use its a good choice. Most people on here are equipment snobs.

Ive tried the fishing poles and they are great! However i have decided to splash out for a slx - and im enjoying the use of it because of its increased benefits over a fishing pole. Its preferential choice, and i will use fishing poles in the future.

thanks to you and tosh for bringing them to my attention.

thats a fair reply, you have tried a fishing pole and it worked, though you decided to go for a SLX

karygate

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 06:40:30 am »
i use a 16m shimano but the brush is attached to the 4th srction and its great,but now a slx is only about 100 more than i set up for i would not have gone this route. it has lasted me 2 and half years and still going strong though.
gary

ftp

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 07:32:18 am »
I've been down the fishing pole route - superb.
I'm now an SLX snob. The reason being that you can't rely on your fishing pole to make it through the day because they are so fragile. Ideally you need to carry two with you to cover all eventualities.

ccmids

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2009, 08:21:24 pm »
just buy a proper pole, fishing pole are for fishing

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2009, 09:13:08 pm »
My latest pole is a £20 Browning fishing pole.
Had no sign of a break yet after 3 months, after lots of snaps and shreds with window cleaning poles.

If any of it breaks, ho hum, £20 for a new one...

Why waste money?

RK Cleaning Services

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 10:17:56 pm »
Are these fishing poles tele or do you just add sections as i need a bigger pole but cann't aford an off the shelf job.

GWCS

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 10:28:02 pm »
Are these fishing poles tele or do you just add sections as i need a bigger pole but cann't aford an off the shelf job.

modular only.

s.hughes

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 11:17:01 pm »
I would never use another fishing rod. The one i bought snapped so when a replacement section was posted i sold it as a fishing rod.