This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seandyer2003

Re: Raising prices
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2009, 07:26:51 pm »
I think you think everyone window cleaning is retarded, people know what expenses they have dude, and they earn enough to cover them and live on the rest,

They didnt need business degrees to work that out

business is simple you buy something or provide a service at a higher ratio than your costs the resulting difference is PROFIT

easy peasy

martinsadie

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 07:35:00 pm »
it must be easy Ewan because some cleaners are right cabbages  ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 07:38:56 pm »
I think you think everyone window cleaning is retarded, people know what expenses they have dude, and they earn enough to cover them and live on the rest,

They didnt need business degrees to work that out

business is simple you buy something or provide a service at a higher ratio than your costs the resulting difference is PROFIT

easy peasy

the thing is with window cleaning, its fairly simply

keep overheads LOW

thus more profit

so your many charging 5 quid to clean a house has really low overheads and earns the same as some1 who charges 10 quid a house but has to pay the payments on his van / WFP system etc etc

it really isnt rocket science is it  ? ?? ?

seandyer2003

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 07:41:20 pm »
No not everyone!  ;D

Your getting very predictable ewan - yawn

martinsadie

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 07:42:13 pm »
No not everyone!  ;D

time for bed  Sean

matt

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 07:43:59 pm »
No not everyone!  ;D

dont forget he has met some real big boys in the window cleaning world  ::)

oh and they all think that CIU does not represent them  ::)

matt

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 07:48:36 pm »
i have to pop out to do a little job

if the cat gets too far out of hand, give him a kick for me

thanks

seandyer2003

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 07:49:00 pm »
I know, i am off going offline now i was just on while i was updating george

its just one big willy wave with some on here - "i wont do anything for £10 minimum, bla bla bull crap - and i cant be bothered keep arguing with someone who doesnt talk straight

Is aldi any less successful because it isnt marks and spencers??

some business models are different - strange ewan doesnt understand that

anyway had enough now

Davo

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 08:07:51 pm »
probley costs me 10p to clean a property

That figure seems unrealistic to me.

Mark

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 08:13:25 pm »
I make very little attempt to keep my overheads low. I want the best equipment, and i pay £500 pa for adverts and about £300pa for promotions.

Matt says keep overheads low, thus more profit. I believe in spending money to make money.

Both strategies work, but both have faults.

dai

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 08:44:58 pm »
If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't know that most of my houses are under priced, I would carry on being happy with what I earned.
As I finish another £6 job, I can't help but think about so many of you with your £10 minimum.
I should be earning over £200 a day, I would be perfectly happy with my £130 a day if it wasn't for some of you buggers.
Seriously though, I guess most of you know who would stand a price hike and who wouldn't, we get to know our customer pretty well over the years.
I have just dumped 11 x 4 bedroom detached houses in one close, most of them with cons. Why? because I assumed that none of them would pay the right price, I would have had to charge £15 and they were only paying £10 bi monthly. I have never charged enough for conservatories, the ones without were paying £8.00 and they did return a good hourly rate, but I dumped the lot.
I think some of us older guys, that worked trad in the past were happy to charge a bit less per window for cons, because we didn't have to climb.
Ewan, I have read your replies to this post and I think your dead right with most of them. I'm just an old softy winding down his round, but there's still a part of me that resents the fact that some guys are getting 50% more for doing the same amount of work, but that's my own fault for coming on here.
If I had kept away I would have been no wiser.

luther1

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 08:45:18 pm »
If someone already owns a car and probably some ladders, apart from the initail purchase of a bucket and squeegee,the biggest overhead is petrol and as Stans round is a compact one,hes not far wrong is he.

martinsadie

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 08:47:13 pm »

Mark
why
im not daft enough to try and work out the price of fairy used,electric to heat water or cost of petrol to drive 2 miles to clean 15 houses,or wear and tear on ladders scrim and applicators   

Davo

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009, 09:02:46 pm »

Mark
why
im not daft enough to try and work out the price of fairy used,electric to heat water or cost of petrol to drive 2 miles to clean 15 houses,or wear and tear on ladders scrim and applicators

Because , using the above example of 15 houses 2 miles away, having a running cost of £1.50 for a days work is unrealistic, it must cost your more than that to run the vehicle you use to clean windows with, and thats before you add on all the other costs involved.

Mark

martinsadie

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009, 09:26:09 pm »
if i didnt clean windows i would still run the same car,window cleaning puts about 3,000 miles a year on the clock

ftp

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 09:56:50 pm »
Ewan, how do you post as Davo? Do you need two laptops in one house?
Whats happened to the other guy you come on as - what's his name Lsd or something. I'll have a rummage see if I can find him, Give me ten minutes.

matt

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009, 10:00:57 pm »
No not everyone!  ;D

dont forget he has met some real big boys in the window cleaning world  ::)

oh and they all think that CIU does not represent them  ::)

Yes, but you have one of the biggest egos in the trade, but thats it   ;D

thanks, i think its a sign that i feel i have made a good job of what i do and have achieved, thus i am proud

i also think its because i enjoy trying to help others and keep it real, i feel proud of that aswell ;)

ftp

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2009, 10:07:46 pm »
Ewan, how do you post as Davo? Do you need two laptops in one house?
Whats happened to the other guy you come on as - what's his name Lsd or something. I'll have a rummage see if I can find him, Give me ten minutes.

I remember - LSA, have you retired him? He used to pop up when all else failed.  ;D

Davo

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 10:25:26 pm »
if i didnt clean windows i would still run the same car,window cleaning puts about 3,000 miles a year on the clock

Stan if ur happy ur happy, my only point is that some businesses dont have a true appreciation of costs. My viewpoint is that the cost of doing business also includes keeping the workers/owners alive.

My daughter used to have a goldfish which cost more to run every week than your business.

Mark

martinsadie

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:13 pm »

Stan if ur happy ur happy, my only point is that some businesses dont have a true appreciation of costs. My viewpoint is that the cost of doing business also includes keeping the workers/owners alive.

My daughter used to have a goldfish which cost more to run every week than your business.

Mark
i know what you are saying but i had a car when i worked in a factory so its not really a buiness cost