This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trevor povey

Re: First NHS contract
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 08:01:43 pm »
well done davey its not easy putting a set of tender documents together never mind sitting in front of a panel and hoping u give the right answers back ;)

NWH

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 08:38:00 pm »
How much then lol,to the nearest 5k will do. ;D

jefftemperley

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 09:25:20 pm »
good luck dave , ive actually gone backwards i only have domestic work now but used to do mililitary camps and i also had ipswich hospital about 15 years ago,

i was the only contractor to have the job more than a year because of no complaints but lost it to a new manager trying to save money.

i found keeping all the ward sisters happy was key ,get your guys to warn them your around before you start work even if your doing outsides, it goes along way as they all think there in charge! so just let them  think that!
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

trevor perry

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 09:28:58 pm »
well done dave

your a braver man than me i dont even like visiting people in hospital never mind working in one hope it goes well for you.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 09:49:13 pm »
id say about an hour and a half would get you round it, and £65 all in.

jodan63

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 10:19:52 pm »
milltown , behave we are poorer down here . £50 inside and out ;D ;D. is only a days work

stephen s

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 12:02:52 am »
Barring the formalities I have just won my first NHS hospital.

The main building is 6/7 storeys high and has over 10'000 windows to be cleaned inside and out.

I spent about 6 weeks putting the tender document together, to which i got short-listed down to the final 3 to do a presentation in front of the nhs trust board.

I did the presentation about 2 months ago and just got the confirmation this morning that barring the 10 day standstill perion the contract is mine.

Never in a million years did i ever thought i would ever get to clean the biggest building in the County when i started window cleaning 11 years ago.

an 11 year waiting list for the NHS that has to be a record  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

well done man

DaveG

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 03:23:54 pm »
Well done Dave good on you!
You can't polish a turd

cozy

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 03:35:03 pm »
good luck dave , ive actually gone backwards i only have domestic work now but used to do mililitary camps and i also had ipswich hospital about 15 years ago,

i was the only contractor to have the job more than a year because of no complaints but lost it to a new manager trying to save money.

i found keeping all the ward sisters happy was key ,get your guys to warn them your around before you start work even if your doing outsides, it goes along way as they all think there in charge! so just let them  think that!

Couldn't agree more mate.Military used to measure glass both sides!!!! Double money even when I gave an average price ;D It's nice when the money turns up on the account but I'd rather be on mostly domestic like now.

Good luck to him though.At least he has guys to do the work for him.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 08:11:10 pm »
Lot of Sisters to keep happy, there must be 100 wards at least.

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 10:54:49 pm »
nice one Dave well done

brett walker

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 11:36:53 pm »
 8) cool dave  8)

brett

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 11:52:08 pm »
great stuff dave youve worked for it .
where theres muck theres money

Dale Smith

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 12:09:17 am »
Good for you Dave!
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 12:18:09 am »
Well done dave.
Did you work it out on an hourly rate?
How will you clean the upper floors?
Do they have a cradle or is it MEWP?
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

godzilla

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 10:55:48 pm »
dave , i hope your not going to take all the credit for this one !

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 09:58:34 am »
MB

I just put my finger in the air and guessed it my a complicated mathematical formula thrown in. I didnt think of hourly, i thought of per window.

Upper floors will be wfp, the top 2 floors have never been cleaned in the last 20 years

Cradles .. Bad access and grounds and you cant interfere with the running of the hospital, so no areas can be cordoned off, although this building is 7 storey it is about 100 windows wide, so a cradle and abseiling would cost them an absolute fortune.

We will need access equipment for the odd section as there is no other way around it.

All windows have to be cleaned, no excuses at all, also the top windows are expected to be as clean as the ground floors.

Godzilla

What do you mean ?

Dave

R W C

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 10:05:28 am »
dave why do your 5 stars change under your name with different colour backgrounds but your name stays the same colour, sorry off topic but bugging me lol.

Chris