Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Staybright

Re: Window Cleaning Gloves
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2004, 09:20:22 pm »

I got the Sealskinz from a local camping and hiking shop, a friend told me about them. I have attached the link below. I was gonna get battery heated gloves as I use steel ladders all day on flats and me hands tend to get cold, but these are fine.

www.sealskinz.com

Another thing worth checking out is there socks !! waterproof socks would you beleive it !!

Majestic

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2004, 09:30:49 pm »
I tried  a pair of the Unger ones ,  there not for me they make your hands feel weird , to girly  ;D ;D next you will be wearing lip balm  :o 8)

Mikey Warner

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2004, 09:54:59 pm »
I tried  a pair of the Unger ones ,  there not for me they make your hands feel weird , to girly  ;D ;D next you will be wearing lip balm  :o 8)

Oi!! I wear lip balm :-* :-*

And I do also have a pair of unger gloves :-[ Mum bought me a pair as a Xmas Prexxie,  ::)Mothers ::)

They do feel weird, i will wear one just on one hand on a really cold morning for the first half hour. I reckon if you gave them time to get used to them they would be ok, but we are not like that are we ::)

Mikey

Majestic

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2004, 10:07:17 pm »
Bones
What flavour lip balm do you use, and can you get Unger gloves in different colours,  like  pink ;D 8)

Mikey Warner

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2004, 10:14:11 pm »
What flavour??? dunno?? what ever i pull outta the mrs draw ( ::)not draws ::))

Gloves, i just have the plain black one's with a "GO FASTER" green strap on them  ;)

Mikey

Neil

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2004, 10:23:19 pm »
Hey guys Are you trying to give me a complex ??? :(
I use both unger gloves and lip balm (mint)
I also have a wooly hat, but havent used me longjohns yet (i am waiting till it gets realy cold) :-[ :P;   My old sgt Major used to swear by them.

Mikey Warner

Re: Window Cleaning Gloves New
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2004, 10:25:55 pm »
Don't start on hat's, i get loads of P*ssy comments on the hat i wear :-[ But it keeps ma bludy head warm!!

Mikey

Majestic

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2004, 10:28:41 pm »
Some people  wear  tights,  it was cold here the other day -2  so I put a coat on 8)

Majestic

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2004, 10:30:58 pm »
I like the idea of the battery  heated gloves, you could put a couple of slices of bread in and have some toast ;D 8)

Neil

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2004, 10:32:16 pm »
no butter though it will make a right mess of the glass ::)

matt

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2004, 10:59:41 pm »
on the topic of these gloves, i use the unger 1's, the first pair i had split within a few weeks, so scrim changed them,

the new pair are showing real bad signs on wear and tear, also after a few weeks :(, they have scagged and are letting in water, think i need something stronger :)

Mikey Warner

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2004, 12:17:04 am »
I will admit they bloody good for washing the motor with on the cold days ;D

Mikey

STEVE71163

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2004, 10:19:04 am »
Hi Staybright,
                   Thanks for the link. I have a cycle shop around the corner that stock these gloves(According to the site) so i will get some tommorrow if they have any.

Steve

Majestic

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2004, 05:58:31 pm »
Bones,
Have you done any TV work ???I saw an advert and thought of you it was the one for Bounty kitchen rolls, have you tried it wet yet ;D ;D ;D 8)

Mikey Warner

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2004, 08:21:15 pm »
Majestic,

After seeing you advertising them on TV i thought if they are so good at soaking up i could use them instead of a scrim ::) They dint last that long :( ;) ;D

Mikey