This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

EVER CLEAN

window cleaner needed
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:07:19 pm »
window cleaner needed manchester
full time oppertunity. on a self employed basis
must have own transport to get to the office in the morning where you will pick up a van
full driving lisence essential
wage to be negotiated depending on experience

contact jim
07960 907 112
or email
info@evercleanuk.com
service with a shine !

newbroom

Re: window cleaner needed
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:42:35 pm »
HI Jim,

I'm curious if the w/c is working solely for you how are they self employed.

Cheers Mark

EZclean

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:51:57 pm »
cant be self employed if they gonna work for you full time and use your equipment.
 ::)
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:20:12 pm »
cant be self employed if they gonna work for you full time and use your equipment

Thats true!

am suprised at the amount of people who still advertise jobs on jobcentre saying this self employed stuff! suprised they allow it
Dave.

tompoole

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:36:08 pm »
there a company round here that do that, pay people 50% of the take thats it  Think he does very well,

peter holley

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 03:24:59 pm »
cant be self employed if they gonna work for you full time and use your equipment

Thats true!

am suprised at the amount of people who still advertise jobs on jobcentre saying this self employed stuff! suprised they allow it

becaue some people are just glad to have the chance of some sort of income ::)

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 05:06:43 pm »
If you go ltd company then you can work for one person  ;D

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 05:51:45 pm »
becaue some people are just glad to have the chance of some sort of income

Yes i understand that but thats not my point. my point is am suprised the job centre allow this as when yout put a vacancey in with them you agree terms to pay the minimum wage. and the fact they should no its not allowed  ::)
Dave.

big J

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 05:57:46 pm »
What about renting a round or even franchising then
modern day methods ......tradtional values

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 06:28:54 pm »
Renting a round is diffrent your not actully working for someone and you may have your own work too.

when you franchise a business its a totaly diffrent thing than someone working along side you day in day out doing your work starting at your times using your tools and so on
Dave.

EVER CLEAN

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 12:13:37 pm »
dont go so deeeeeeep lads.... its quite easy
you advertise a job for a self employed window cleaner, each day you provide them with work, you then pay them accordingly and get them to sign for the amount they receive (covers your back), its now up to the person to declare themselves as self employed and pay their own n.i. contributions and tax. however they are not solely tied to working for you, but by the same rule they have no entitlements i.e. holidays, sick pay, etc
its all above board and legitimate to do it in this fashion, as i was advised whilst advertising with jobcentre plus.........................simple
service with a shine !

EVER CLEAN

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 12:14:19 pm »
anyway...... anyone want the flippin job or wot ;D
service with a shine !

ronnie paton

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 01:16:37 pm »
dont want to create an argument but its not really legal its very touchy, the inland revenue would look at it differently, to be self employed thay have to have there own expenses ie vehicle and equipment ect and they must also have no more than 50% of the work for one person.

This was how it was explained by the tax office but i do know of company that have done what ever clean is advertising for years.

It is strange one though considering they do simalar in building trade.

EZclean

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 01:53:31 pm »
to be self employed they need to have more of their own work than they do with you.
your advertising for a full time position, using your equipment and van.
i understand what your doing and why, but if anything happened someone would be looking for employers liability insurance if any accidents.
or the inland rev will expect the NI and PAYE to come from you because in their eyes you are an employer.
like i said i can understand why, just make sure you get all the facts to cover your back, more than them signing a receipt book.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

M Henderson

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 02:01:25 pm »
Some interesting reading:

How to work out your employment status for employment rights

When looking at your employment status the sorts of things the Employment Tribunal will look at fall into four main categories. If you are unsure if you are a worker, employee or self-employed try answering the questions below that are divided into the categories.

The more of the questions you answer 'yes' to, the more likely it is that you are self-employed. If you answer 'no' to most of the questions then you are likely to be an employee. If you answer yes to some of the questions and you are not in business on your own account, you are likely to be considered a worker rather than employee.

Try thinking about it as a sliding scale with 'employee' at one end and 'genuinely self-employed' at the other.

Category one: control
The extent to which the employer decides what tasks you do and how you do them:

do you have the final say in how the business is run?
can you choose whether to do the work yourself, or send someone else?
can you choose when and how you will work?
Category two: integration
The extent to which you are part of the organisation:

if you need assistance, are you responsible for hiring other people and setting their terms of employment?
are you excluded from internal company matters such as corporate training and staff meetings?
are you exempt from having action taken against you using the company disciplinary procedure?
are you excluded from company benefits and pension schemes?
Category three: mutuality of obligations
The extent to which your employer is required to offer you work and whether you are expected to do it:

does your employer offer work only if and when it is available?
can you decide when you will work and can you turn down work when offered?
Category four: economic reality
The extent to which you bear the financial risk:

are you responsible for meeting the losses as well as taking the profits?
are you responsible for correcting unsatisfactory work at your own expense?
do you have to submit an invoice to the company for your pay?
do you get a fixed payment for a job (including materials and labour)?
do you provide the main items of equipment needed to do the job?
do you work for a range of different employers?
Remember that this is for guidance only and a definitive answer can only be given by an Employment Tribunal or court.  You should get advice from an expert if you are unsure. The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) offers a free, confidential and impartial helpline that can offer you guidance on your employment status.

Source:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Understandingyourworkstatus/Workersemployeesandselfemployment/DG_175241