Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: Van Signwritting or Wrap
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 09:15:19 am »
Like that one Dennis.

I remember when Shaun got his new machine and van.
He took some photos with his kids playing in the back.
Someone suggested he used one in his adverts saying something like "look what my dads bought to clean your carpets". I would add "making them clean, fresh and safe".

Acom Cleaning

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2009, 10:45:54 am »
my wrap as half paid for itself in the frist year  ;D it works well in higher end houses and the custy love it ....

ok we may have very little work but this still as nt stopped me getting the second one done and when my new van comes on the frist of september that will be done as well  ;D

as for the work i could half my prices right now but we going to stick it out and get more for our work its been a long hard struggle getting the prices up and im not letting a bad year change my mind

each to there own susan but i think half paying for vehicle rap in one year is not that great. sure it looks the dogs but profit is what its all about.

Richard, your way of thinking is so typical of why many do not last. Your business should be about a million and 1 other things first, and if you make the right choices then profit.

Susan should stick with it, she is trying to improve the business and it's image, first impressions really do last in this game. Whether Susan realises it or not, right now she is seperating the wheat from the chaff, if she hangs on she will have a full well paying customer base.

In effect she is almost starting over, and in my opinion if any business makes a profit in its first year then you are fortunate.

Take your pt cleaning service website....money well spent, nice site etc. a customers first impression will be positive.

Then you go and spoil it all with those 2 cheap and nasty carpet cleaning sites you got someone else to do for you. Just one look as a customer and i would look elsewhere.

Choices!

richy27

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2009, 12:10:07 pm »

i think a comment like i am typical of people who do not last is a little unfair. 

its each t their own how and and in which direction  they spend their budget.

and for your information those websites were done by a respectable fellow carpet cleaner who was good enough to get me going with a decent position on google. as i cant afford right now to have my site optimized to its full potential

no good having the flashes site but no one can find it but at this point position on the web is crucial to me.

my adverts i place in mags and leaflets are all designed correctly to match the brand image i am trying to produce  i have put a lot of thought into the direction i am heading.

but i think if you are goin to make assumptions on the way i go about things with my business i think maybe you should put your details on the forum so i can pick through yours

it was not meaning to be offensive to susans choices i was just stating that 3k for awrap is lot to spend out. i know first impressions count a great deal and i get really positive comments on my adverts and van

Acom Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2009, 01:06:56 pm »
Richard, take a breath, just as you were not meaning to offend susan, neither was i meaning to offend you.

Simply pointing out the facts, and if you re -read what i said, i did not say YOU were typical of people who did not last, i said that your way of thinking meaning that particular 'attitude' is why some business's do not last.

However what you have said is contradictory, why optomise a site or sites that will never get you any work in the first place. And i am well aware of who produced that rubbish for you, he has done dozens of others.

I am intitled to my opinion as you are, and in your reply to Susan you voiced yours. Now i have stated mine, you get upset...thats crazy and a little immature.

If your adverts and original site are of good quality, and they are for sure, then in my opinion you should not lower that standard just to get positioning on google, there are other ways, after all you have been in the number 1 google sponsor link position for weeks with your good site. Maybe you should have saved that money for some descent SEO, again choices. If you think you will gain more work from those 2 horrible sites at position number 6 or 7 or whatever compared to your good site at top then you really are crazy, i know it costs, but hey, its your choice. Its just my opinion, no need to get defensive.

Regarding the profile thing, well thats my choice! and plenty others on here choose to do what i do also. The only time it ever gets picked up on is when someone sails slightly too close to the truth.

Anyway, i guess in a moment or so you will be contemplating and considering your response, but keep in mind if you are going to be so open on here regarding your business, van, websites etc etc, dont expect people not to be browsing around looking at you, thats what browsers are for and thats why they are called browsers.

I chose to keep my business information private, as many others do also.

*by the way, complete, good quality van wraps, excluding the roof can be found for little more than £1000.

carpetworx

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2009, 02:23:28 pm »
keep it simple.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2009, 04:49:29 pm »
Dosn't it worry you Susan having a few vans lots of equipment & very little work?

We're very quiet too at the moment.

not really as im looking more of what will happen with them in three years time , you have to put in to take out and ive been takeing out for many years , ok some may say ive spend to much on my vans but i want them right ask the h.m. team they will tell you what a pain i was with the vans  ;D

i knew that my work would drop when i went for the upper market and after talking to alot of people and sitting with hubby we made to move and im not looking back long gone are the days of doing a suite for 30 pounds busting yr gutts for three hours for northing

suffolkclean

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2009, 10:13:30 am »
It's been very time consuming but this is the final proof of what we're getting put on our van, not going for a wrap, not sure how much this is going to cost yet? It's cost £270 to get to this stage with the design & buying the pictures/graphics.

suffolkclean

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2009, 10:14:08 am »
Sides

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2009, 11:15:00 am »
Very eye catching, I like the dirty hand prints!

I need to re do mine me thinks!!!

robert meldrum

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2009, 12:04:36 pm »
I've always used a clear van but with the fantastic artwork available nowadays you can immediately create an impact and an image.

Just make sure you live up to it  :)

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2009, 12:31:40 pm »
I like the front however my initial reaction is the sides and the back are too cluttered with graphics and don't actually do anything for you.

Can't you get a website like kesgrave-cleaning.co.uk and make that prominent. It may not look as flash but would have thought it would get you more business, which is the idea isn't it?

I know it's not easy because my van is still unwritten trying to decide what to do and that brings in absolutely zilch at the moment LOL.

carpetworx

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2009, 07:40:06 am »
I really like it. how do you go using such a small van?

suffolkclean

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2009, 07:57:27 am »
Thanks for your positive comments. It is a bit of a squeeze sometimes as we have a prochem steampro which takes up a bit of room, hubby packs it up nice & compact. Also as we do window cleaning we need a van with a lowish roof to beable to get the ladders on & off easily.

Barbara

elite mike

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2009, 08:59:34 am »
looks good to me  8)

should pay for itself in no time :)

Dennis

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2009, 09:55:32 am »
Looks good - until you take it for a service....... " It took ages but our valeter managed to get all those dirty handprints off."  ;D ;)

garyfindlay

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2009, 12:37:56 pm »
I would say exactly what cleaning you do on the sides. A potential customer only sees it briefly at lights, passing etc, and it has to trigger what service they want.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

suffolkclean

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2009, 06:29:19 pm »
I had an idea of what I wanted & got a graphic designer to do the rest for me, she's been great shes comming tomorrow to measure up the panels etc of the van so she can then do the final disc for signwritters.

Barbara

absolutecleaning

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2009, 07:49:53 am »
Barbara if she speaks to the signwriters she should be able to get a template to do the design in so that the sizes are exact rather than rely in measuring it up.

Simon

master-clean

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2009, 08:26:12 am »
Wow 3k for sign writing, I would not pay that take far to long and to much work to see ROI.

Hope you dont lower prices again because with 50 quid jobs you would have to to 60 jobs to get your money back :o

I be happier imo with about 2 or 3 jobs covering my van signage cost, or that would be one good day 8)