This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Re: how much would you charge for this job
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 07:23:36 pm »
How long would it take to do inside and out??

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike_G

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 07:10:46 pm »
Come on then how long to clean it. Wfp outs cant take long at all

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 08:33:45 pm »
WFPer's got to watch those airvents lol I saw a few of them lol

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »
Oooh , lets not get fisty , i too am in plymouth , and that kind of pricing from MLS is about right , they dont pay big money down here , you can get it but you would need to be lucky .
Just as an example , a while ago i was asked to quote a job and i was in the running with about 3 of plymouths biggest firms , i was the most expensive , and i went in cheaper than i should have , but i got the job , why i hear you say ?
It all came down to the fact that i came across better than the other chaps , they tended to drop how much is your cheapest price and we will beat it , its for some reason in the south west its quantity not price .

Rich P @ F     
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

baxey cleaning

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 09:59:22 pm »
the job take me 1day for outside just had enough water 650liters .and 2day to do all inside .  i was on my own

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 10:02:55 pm »
P & F,
don't take this the wrong way....

I know prices are very low here in the south west on commercial work (especially the further south you go) owing to expected low tenders. If the prices are that low, surely you would be better concentrating on domestic work instead at a better price (for more profit for the same amount of time spent) rather than trying to obtain commercial work priced low in comparison.

I use to be a busy fool traditional w/c but learned from my mistakes quickly when converting over to wfp not to put all my eggs in one basket, different types of work, different areas and not to underprice just for the sake of obtaining work.

No disrespect intended to any of you lads in Plymouth.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 10:12:20 pm »
£300 for 3 days is low for that type of work. The problem with a 3 day contract is that you end up working all day. With domestic you get more money for less physical work. Your initial price of £425 was better.

In future if they barter with you rather than JUST reducing the price, reduce some of the workload as well.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 10:26:12 pm »
Its that bad down here in the Southwest, I earnt £50 for 80 hours work last week!!!!!!!!

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 10:29:14 pm »
Its that bad down here in the Southwest, I earnt £50 for 80 hours work last week!!!!!!!!

lmao  ;D ;D ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »
WOW  :D

baxey cleaning

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:05 pm »
i have domestic work but hate call for money .  i like this type of work but it hard to come by in liverpool . i think £425 would of been a good price. but i had no work book in. so call up and said i will do it for the price thay offed it to me £300 tryed to get more but havin none of it

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 11:59:17 pm »
i would ask my bro for advice to price this job as i've not been doing it long and i'm in Plymouth
 he is Rich P @ F :D :D

P @ F

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 10:16:24 pm »
Windows washed , im not taking it the wrong way chap , personaly i like to have a mix of work , makes it less mundane , you get good , you get bad , for instance this past week i have been more than busy on work such as this , and i might add that it is so ludicrously high priced you might poop your pants !   ;D ;D

Rich P @ F 

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 10:22:52 pm »
I bet you cant guess how many windows there are here !

Just as an eye opener , the building that is shaped like a horse shoe has 310 skylights , im round them in 5 hours , £300 in my sky rocket , and your only lookin at the sat view , windows , windows everywhere ,

Rich P @ F   

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »
i remember cleaning the long building with you  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 11:32:12 pm »
Yeah, and I remember all the complaints about the fat geezer, on the end of the orange pole, the residents didn't like the way you stuck your tongue out whilst cleaning their windows!!  :P

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 11:34:38 pm »
at least i didn't lick the windows like you did