This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Right, that's my tax return for 08/09 done!
« on: June 01, 2009, 05:23:58 pm »
Have you done yours?

(I just thought I'd spoil a lovely day with a 'tax man reminder' for some of you disorganised lot)

;D

DaveG

Re: Right, that's my tax return for 08/09 done!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 05:27:51 pm »
yep done mine too ::)
You can't polish a turd

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:54:00 pm »
 ::) ::) ::)

mine will be looked at in oct, then i will think about in nov, then start of dec it will get done  ;D

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:05:19 pm »
Nope...it'll be the usual last minute scramble trying to find receipts etc ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 07:34:02 pm »
took all my paperwork in to the account 2 weeks since  ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:34:27 pm »
All sorted the middle of April, , might as well get it in and know how much I need to pay, I found out and wish didn't :o

martinsadie

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:38:48 pm »
took all my paperwork in to the account 2 weeks since  ;D

Don't ya just hate smug people >:(

;D
its as easy to do it now than risk forgetting it later,apart from paying the accountent now still pay same time as you mr lazy  ;D ;D

tacky

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:39:28 pm »
i had all my paper work in van .for tax man .van was stolen yesterday . i am now appyling for job in parliment .     if they dont believe that i,ll send it in july

GWCS

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 07:48:12 pm »
all my receipts are in a box on the sofa... need to find the time away from working and sun bathing to get them done..LOL

alanwilson

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 08:43:26 pm »
WHATS A TAX RETURN??

lol!!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

alanwilson

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 09:07:49 pm »
who's this tax man people keep talking about??

does he use wfp?
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 09:29:21 pm »
Mine was sent last week
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

smearo

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 09:58:28 pm »
so when will the tax man ask for his money and will yr accountant tell you how much its gonna be in advance
 ??? ???

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 10:07:04 pm »
Already spent my tax rebate ;D ;D ;D

Rob.Hall

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 11:20:55 pm »
Did not no you could get it in early.

Might get it out of the way now so I can see how much I still need to put away.

Does anyone know if you can pay in advance if you have a rough idea what will be owing?

Im crazzy arnt I!!!! ::)

LWC

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 08:06:46 am »
Got all my recipts done the other day all in order, just gotta write up the earnings then done  ;D

I hope he owes me some money this year after the un expected last year lol!

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 08:20:29 am »

Does anyone know if you can pay in advance if you have a rough idea what will be owing?

I set up a bill payment from my bank account to the IR.  I pay them a chunk when I am able.  It gets deducted from the next bill.  I prefer this to a direct debit because the cashflow might not always be sufficient to pay a DD but if I pay £50 or £100+ when I am able, it can make a big hole in the next bill.  DO print out the receipt with the transaction number on it.  Makes it a lot easier to trace in case of problems (not had any yet though).

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 06:31:55 pm »

I set up a bill payment from my bank account to the IR.  I pay them a chunk when I am able.  It gets deducted from the next bill.  I prefer this to a direct debit because the cashflow might not always be sufficient to pay a DD but if I pay £50 or £100+ when I am able, it can make a big hole in the next bill.  DO print out the receipt with the transaction number on it.  Makes it a lot easier to trace in case of problems (not had any yet though).

I do this.  I set up a standing order and pay monthly in advance.  Then when I do my return I normally get a rebate 'cos I've overpaid.

I just class it as a normal bill, like the gas and electric.

It's not the best way to do it, I guess my money isn't gaining interest in some ISA (though I don't think the rates are much good these days anyway), but it stops me from flapping like Squeaks does year-after-year.

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 06:39:39 pm »

if you go online and do the self assessment they will tell you pretty much straight away what you owe. you will still have till jan to get the money together

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 07:11:55 pm »

I do this.  I set up a standing order and pay monthly in advance.  Then when I do my return I normally get a rebate 'cos I've overpaid.

I just class it as a normal bill, like the gas and electric.

It's not the best way to do it, I guess my money isn't gaining interest in some ISA (though I don't think the rates are much good these days anyway), but it stops me from flapping like Squeaks does year-after-year.

Of course it would be better to save it and earn a bit of interest on it (not that you would get much at the moment) but my finances are so "hand to mouth" due to my high debt levels that I prefer to pay as I go as much as possible.
I actually set up a spreadsheet a while back listing all the debts and although I knew it was bad, I was shocked.  It's always more than you expect in these situations.  However, I couldn't start to resolve the situation until I knew exactly what the situation was.  I now make a payment by BACS every day to my debts over and above the minimum payments - even if it's only a few pence.  This might sound petty but since the start of the year, I've reduced my debts by 2 grand (in spite of the Jan/Feb freeze-ups)and I'm now earning more too.  I haven't used a credit card since late January.  I batch cook several weeks of meals at once and freeze them and rarely forget to make a sandwich instead of getting them at a shop.  I eat more healthily than I've ever done in my life for a fraction of the cost.  I actually know what some things cost these days.
If this sounds silly, for one month only, write down EVERY penny you spend and add it up.  You've been a debt counsellor in the forces Tosh so I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Also, the freezer that I use for my meals I got F.O.C on freecycle.
I earn well but it's the outgoings that I am addressing.
No good earning say (hypothetically) 30 grand a year if you spend 31.