This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

borg

Re: Sorry, A Big WFP Newbie Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 03:07:31 pm »

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 03:13:07 pm »
Thanks Mark,

Obviously a unit with combined DI doesn't sound as if it will do the business??, so what independant size would you reccommend. I've seen 10" DI units. Are these standard, and will they need a booster pump to still achieve the 000 tds.

No it sounds fine. As i said on the previous post  :) you will probably not achieve 0 tds without a booster pump, unless you have better tap pressure than most. But it will be low enough for window cleaning

Are Booster pumps essential in low pressure water systems or are they purely for the ro unit to work more efficiently??

They are purely for the ro to work more efficiently. It will work without but will be very very slow.

For example would say a 100gpd work just as efficient with a pump as say a 200gpd without??

Dunno

I'm trying to establish if the pump is only a requirement to produce the water quicker or is it a major component in getting the tds to a 0 level.

sorry more q's Mark...lol

thanks

Fieldsy

You will guarantee 0 tds if you buy a bigger DI canister. Those small ones will need a booster pump to get 0 tds.
Or if you buy 2 of those small ones you will get 0 tds.

A booster pump is a luxury, but once you have one you will wonder how and why you faffed about all that time without one.

Fieldsy

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 03:31:44 pm »
Again, thanks for your input,

So the all in one version with the booster pump, may be the way to go. It seems to have everything I need. I was just a bit apprehensive that everything is built in .................and to add to that, booster pumps seem to be bloody expensive on their own.

Can the pumps run continuous??

The guy had them for sale on ebay stating they were 100psi !!!!!
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

elite mike

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 03:50:30 pm »
some pumps can and some cannot

i think its the ones with the transformer that cannot

paul saunders

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 05:07:55 pm »
Again, thanks for your input,

So the all in one version with the booster pump, may be the way to go. It seems to have everything I need. I was just a bit apprehensive that everything is built in .................and to add to that, booster pumps seem to be bloody expensive on their own.

Can the pumps run continuous??

The guy had them for sale on ebay stating they were 100psi !!!!!
Fieldsy where are you?
They are 100psi pumps and they are supplied with a timer. the seller recomends that you run them for 90mins and rest them for 30mins.( this is so that the power pack does not over heat) Doing this I have produced over 350 litres in 24 hours.
Even without the booster pump running (during it's cooling period) it will still continue to produce water at 000 TDS.
Also, should you wish to produce more water, you could just add another 100gpd membrane.

hope this helps. ;)
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

Fieldsy

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 05:32:24 pm »
Hi bbdl,

I have been speaking to John, and he has even suggested (because I am on a meter) running another membrane after the waste and back through the DI to give maximum pure water potential.

I am in Essex by the way.

thanks

Fieldsy

Craig 72

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 08:04:52 am »
@Craig, some good points there, as I am probs in exactly the same position as you were. Just one question Craig??, what fitment did you have at the end of the pole hose to connect to the backpack. WCW gives you choice of hozelock or microbore tap. Having been advised to get a longer pole hose (10m), I'm just wondering what connection you had at the end of the pole hose to connect to the backpack.   Ooops, one more q Craig, what ro unit did you decide on Craig as I can't see any links on your posts to the ebay item you said you purchased and did it have a built in  booster pump or did you buy a separate pump.

I used hozelock connector mate,seems fine.Not sure what you mean about getting a longer pole hose,the hose is intergrated into that pole I bought.If your just doing domestic houses it works absolutely fine for getting up to first floor windows.

I got this R/O unit:
http://collinswaterproducts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=112_126&products_id=169
Seems fine but as I say I could have got away with one cheaper.The one thing I will say is that with that small 700ml DI unit I got it seems I'm refilling the resin very quickly.After 200-300 litres my tds starts to rise so I have to keep checking the purity regularly.As some of the fellas have said I would definitely consider getting a more substantial one.

Fieldsy

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:57 am »

I used hozelock connector mate,seems fine.Not sure what you mean about getting a longer pole hose,the hose is intergrated into that pole I bought.If your just doing domestic houses it works absolutely fine for getting up to first floor windows.

Thanks Craig.

The idea is, that someone on here recommended that I have the hose from the pole extended to approx 10m (so in effect one long piece from brush to backpack). This means I could leave the back pack stationary and just move around the house. I suppose a smaller version of a van mount.........lol

I'm looking at paying £177 for a 100gpd with a booster pump so I thin your price for the 300gpd seemed quite good.

thanks

Fieldsy

Craig 72

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 12:52:56 pm »
Sorry,I see what you mean.To be honest though the backpack isn't heavy (I've never worn it on my back) and it's no hardship to lug about.

EZclean

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 03:32:30 pm »

I'm looking at paying £177 for a 100gpd with a booster pump so I thin your price for the 300gpd seemed quite good.

thanks

Fieldsy

if your gonna spend that on the 100gpd, spend the £220-230 on the 400gpd with twin pumps, you'll wish you had, the pumps make it very efficient
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

bonsey

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 03:47:27 pm »
fieldsy i am local to you pop and have a look at my system if you want  ;)

Fieldsy

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 06:44:14 pm »
if your gonna spend that on the 100gpd, spend the £220-230 on the 400gpd with twin pumps, you'll wish you had, the pumps make it very efficient

Thanks EZclean, Where is this one to be found for that price, I have only found it with twin pumps at £285-295.

fieldsy i am local to you pop and have a look at my system if you want

thanks bonsey, where are you m8?? I'm near Rayleigh.

cheers fieldsy

lee_dewing

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 06:56:58 pm »
fieldsy,

Re: 1 barrel (25 ltrs) for me would clean 3-4 bed house all,  but you can obviously stretch further if you trad bottom windows ;)
Ps. 1st cleans will always take more water.

This is my email l.dewing@btinternet.com (re: seeing my setup) please note i'm no guru ;D

thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Fieldsy

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 07:17:22 pm »
thanks Lee, where you based m8??

EZclean

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 10:35:29 pm »

Thanks EZclean, Where is this one to be found for that price, I have only found it with twin pumps at £285-295.

i got mine from John Hewitt but i didn't need a TDS meter so it was a little bit cheaper than the £236 he had them for on Ebay. ring him and tell him you want one for that price, i dont know they may be more expensive for him to buy in, or he may be wanting to make a bit more on them

Fieldsy

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:05 pm »
Thanks EZclean, but they are now on his site at £285 or £295 with DI unit...............so you got a bargain!!...lol

EZclean

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 07:19:40 pm »
Thanks EZclean, but they are now on his site at £285 or £295 with DI unit...............so you got a bargain!!...lol

i use a small vessel takes 5ltrs of resin, so i didn't need the cartridge, so i use it as it comes out of factory, he'll do it cheaper without the DI unit i'm sure, even with the cartridge its still a good price for a cracking system

Fieldsy

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 07:36:07 pm »
I've opted for the smaller version EZclean. John is going to do me a 200gpd with booster, with the 1st membrane waste going through the 2nd then both "T" into the DI. He is eliminating the final carbon filter and adding another DI. He says the carbon is usually used more for drinking water filtration, This way I get a larger DI unit ;D