Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpet

What machine to use ?
« on: April 17, 2005, 10:18:45 pm »
Hi
Thanks to all you guys that have shared all your experience on this site,this is invalueable to someone starting out like myself.
I thought I had it all covered when I decided to go with a prochem steempro 2000 powermax and have just done a prochem training course ,then came on this site and read what some of you had to say ,this machine seems to be minimum spec for good carpet cleaning from what you are saying.
Could you share some of your wisdom and suggest what sort of machine would best suit me starting out by myself,doing mostly residential .
regards Peter

Gareth House

Re: What machine to use ?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 08:12:04 pm »
Peter,

I have used the Prochem Steempro range for 5 years, 4 years when i was working for someone and have now had my own one for a year now since I set up.

I admit that I haven't ever used an Ashby Ninja or an alltec model but I have never had any complaints about the Prochem range and im sure other people will tell you that as well.

Since I have started on this site I have found a lot of the posts extremely helpful for progressing my business but I am not ready to change from Prochem as it is serving me very well.

Regards

Gareth

paul@scc

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 08:24:11 pm »
I use a prochem steameasy 400 and never had any problems with it but have also used a stimvak and a ashby ninja so there is no 1 machine that is the best its best for you to see which one you work with best and take it from there

jcbdfa

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 09:13:11 pm »
i use the prochem steempro powermax with inline and a two jet s bend wand. good m/c but a touch unreliable particularly the wiring. i recently brought a used alltec aqua 40 (twin vac, 100 psi pump) this had an extracta twin jet. wow what a great little m/c. my first impression was it is a small m/c that is ok for domestics and the wand was heavy and clumpy. but in my opinion it cleans better than the steempro. by this i mean on a really dirty carpet the steem pro cleans well in the centre but not so well at vthe edges whereas the alltec cleans well all over the whole wand width(with one pass). the alltec specs are about the same as the steempros although the alltec cleans at 90 c and the steempro at 70 c . the alltec definitely works better, the extracta wand looks crap but is very effective and has a small scrub brush for stain and spots. i have used the steempro for 2 years and it has been repaired about 6 times. i have only used the alltec 5 times as i have only just bought it. i also have a ninja which is very sturdy and well built but far to heavy for a single operator. as for higher spec m/c s these will be even heavier. for domestics and many light commercials the above specs are fine. a more powerful m/c is essential for heavier commercial( pref a truck m ) all the above are just my honest opinions.
p.s. the alltec is only £1600 all in. the steempro is at least double with the inline.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 10:28:46 am »
Hi,
I now use an extracta excel by far the best machine i've ever had and with the deluxe scrubber makes cleaning quick and easy. The downside is they are both quite heavy so you get plenty of exercise!