Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin James

quad website....feedback please
« on: April 09, 2009, 08:31:52 am »
Www.animediastudios.com/lifeonaledge/about_frome_window _cleaners.php

Positive feedback mucho valued!

Kevin

Window Washers

Re: quad website....feedback please
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 08:37:27 am »
Www.animedistudios.com/lifeonaledge/about_frome_window _cleaners.php

Positive feedback mucho valued!

Kevin
It does not work  :o
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 08:39:00 am »
just a thought but a shorter website title would be better,......
You can't polish a turd

kevin James

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:42:41 am »
Sorry, missed an a out!
This is the test site. In the finish the adress will be www.lifeonaledge.co.uk

Kevin.

kevin James

Blue Sky 2

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 09:54:32 am »
Very good, did you build it yourself.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 10:38:39 am »
We offer a Rain & Bird Strike Guarantee. This means if your Windows suffer from Rain or Bird Mess Within 3 Weeks of Clean, then let us know & We'll be back to sort the Problem Out!

3 WEEKS? I hope that is a typo!!!!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:53:21 am »
Okay, found some more that you could change. I do like the website, it does look good. Have a look below for some possible changes.

-
The First Clean is Free, so you can see if you like us and we can see if we like you.

That doesn't even need an explanation, your not running a charity!  :D

- The video on Gutter Cleaning services doesn't work.

-
your glass is pretty well sterilised

The windows being sterile is absolute nonsense I'm afraid. Please look up what sterile means.

-
So we dont come round so often. And we dip into your wallet less often. (Some customers only see us every 9 weeks)

That sentence does not benefit you at all, it actually makes life a lot more difficult for you.

- The pictures on the portfolio are all the same, Domestic or Commercial etc.

- Having standard prices on a website is generally a bad idea, because every house is different, it could differ a pound, it could be a lot more.

Steve B

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 11:23:02 am »
Well I like your site visually and appreciate the effort gone into it.

BUT you should look into having your own dedicated URL www.lifeonaledge.co.uk etc and also a common mistake no Meta Keywords and Description which are hugely important for search engines to find and index your site without them how will any potential customer find you.
All the best

Steve

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 11:43:06 am »
Pretty much the best webhosting site :

http://www.webhosting.uk.com/

You can get your own domain name as well for something silly like £7 a year, can't remember properly. They have got one of the best support desks with 24/7 chat available.

seandyer2003

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 12:50:00 pm »
Pretty much the best webhosting site :

http://www.webhosting.uk.com/

You can get your own domain name as well for something silly like £7 a year, can't remember properly. They have got one of the best support desks with 24/7 chat available.

in answer -
Sorry, missed an a out!
This is the test site. In the finish the adress will be www.lifeonaledge.co.uk

Kevin.

i think the site is great mate.... if you are happy with your prices then do stick to it... you could put the words approximately there though and offer a accurate quote... but visually and reading it - its very pro... one of the better ones ive seen

ftp

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 12:56:42 pm »
Isn't the ro diagram arse backwards?

First clean is free? are you completely mad Kevin  ???

kevin James

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 02:24:16 pm »
Isn't the ro diagram arse backwards?

First clean is free? are you completely mad Kevin  ???

Me, mmmmadddd? How can you survive with a smile on your face without being a little round the u tube?
Hopefully the site will be live by next week & I've appreciated all the feedba k & will be implementing some.
The free clean is so I can put the custies mind at rest, it implies they'll have to be regular and I do mean it when I jokingly say " if I like you"
Our books are full @ 6 weeks, I want to go to 8 but want custies I like. I anticipate doing 1 free clean a day, but I will limit the size of the property so thank you dave.

kevin James

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 05:48:04 pm »
Very good, did you build it yourself.

Wish I was so multi talented!
A local duo have received some of my hard earned. They also get a monthly to ensure we're top of the pops googlewise. Though I believe it can take a few months to persuade google you're serious.

Kevin.

*Derek*

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 09:16:38 pm »
It looks very professional. Are they actually the prices you charge? Patio clean £20?

kevin James

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 09:26:36 pm »
It looks very professional. Are they actually the prices you charge? Patio clean £20?

Hi,
Gonna change the prices to "from"
I charge £20 for a patio if they're having the gutters pressure washed as an add on. Else it would be £40 plus.
Its the time to set up, innit?

Kevin

Pureandclean

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:12 am »
We charge extra for the first clean, because it takes longer, and it also helps to sift out the ones that are trying it on.
 When you are already booked up, why would you want to give you services away? I make a point of mentioning that we are booked up, and have been for years, it takes away most of the buyers resistance, when they realise that you don't actually need their custom. It also stops them from trying to haggle over the price.
 Doing the first clean for free gives the appearance that you are desperate for work.

kevin James

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 11:47:40 am »
Hi,
I see your point. We specialize in fast & furious so we're after rows if houses together if not whole roads etc. So the website is aimed at breaking new ground & building on our reputation for reliability & very good value.
On previous posts I've mentioned how the quad setup allows us to do 25 to 30 a day translating into £250 a day. Plus you have the benefit of little chance of being undercut. And will help in this tough economic climate.

Cheers kevin

ftp

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 12:23:29 pm »
Fast and furious? Interesting idea, but i'm not sure the customers will be impressed if their houses are splashed and dashed. If you want rows and rows of houses then your going to have to prize work away from all the existing cleaners in the area. I had a gutter clean, conservatory roof and windows above conservatory to do last week because her cleaner couldn't do them. Did she want to get rid of him? Strangely no. Lots of cleaners become almost friends of the family and they just won't change. Good luck though but don't make yourself too cheap.

kevin James

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 01:01:59 pm »
Thank you kevin.
I have read many if your posts & your opinion carries weight with me.

Kevin j.