Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert meldrum

Re: New Airflex machine pics
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 07:28:59 am »
The man whose designed and brought this machine to market should be applauded as should the Texatherm guy.
It takes a hell of a lot of time and money to get something like this from design to shop floor and you now have two new designs both from the UK and from people many of you know
Back these guys for gods sake and stop looking for faults especially where none exist.

clinton

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 07:56:19 am »
Am with you robert on that mate.

After selling my two back up machines am also ready to buy a new set up and would want a 3 vac set up even if i do upgrade to a prowler.I would have gone for the new texatherm but its only got 2 vacs ::)

You can do so much work with the portie and even get into the vat range so the earnings are a great potential.

Must say do like the new set ups and just like a new design car it will take some used to and am def going to buy a home made set up from this country :)

derek west

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 10:06:59 am »
having seen the proper pictures of the airflex, i have changed my mind, the pictures at the top of this thread DO NOT do this machine justice, (looks wise), so here it is in its original colours for all to judge. if i was thinking of a portable, then i would certainly consider this machine.
derek

robert meldrum

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 10:51:36 am »
Clinton you will get more bamboozled the more you read. Sure more vac's equates to more power and it DOES make a difference, but it's also more potential for problems should things go wrong. One of lifes certainties.
I've used many different models over the years, including Ninja, Prochem, Extracta, CFR, Stimvac and more.

The CFR with 400 psi probably otperformed all of the others and it only had ONE vacuum motor.

Joe H

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 02:28:00 pm »
Its not just that more (vacs) the better - its the actual engineering of how these vacs work with each other that matter.
I dont know the configuration in these new machines - I do know the configuration in the Scorpion and I know it works.
Scorpion has set a standard that others have to match at least, and preferably beat.
Sure, someone will do it one day (unless Ed Valentine goes one better before then) - is that someone in this new bunch?

clinton

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 02:46:55 pm »
Robert

Your right on that :)

Havent seen the stimvac for years.

My old ashcombe elite had a single vac motor and was a top machine infact there is one on ebay at this mo  :)

Joe

Think the other set ups have now caught the scorpion up ???

Also its the delivery of it as well its more than 5 weeks i hear ::)

Joe H

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 03:43:29 pm »
Clinton
The others have caught up on the fact they have 3 vacs built in (at last) but have they caught up with the engineering?
I dont know, and as the machines are so new I dont suppose any one knows yet till they prove themselves (apart from those super dupa sales pitch people that is).

clinton

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 03:48:05 pm »
Joe

Yes agree with the sales pitch :)

Just think it was a matter of time till someone came up with the 3 vac set up to match the scorpion and the new ones are uk made so much quicker on delivery..

There again time will tell with the new set ups ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 06:34:57 pm »
Over selling happens in all trades I think Soultions have been accused of it ie Allergstop and real CFM figures but the Scorpion is tried and trusted but the one that I would buy is the Alltec, Matts machine is unknown to us all but I can't remember anyone ever having a bad word to say about him.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 10:18:08 pm »
Or you could just go a step further and get a quad vac's.............there are a few around even with heat. Or .................why doesn't someone put a blower in a portable body, yes they're heavy but what does a machine with 3 0r 4 vac's weigh?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 10:32:39 pm »
Come on 'old un' keep up this was debated a few weeks ago, the vac blower would probably be to expensive to put in a porti.

Tripple vac machines do fill a gap between portis and starter TM's Alltec have been doing 3 and 4 vac machines for donkeys years well before the Scorpion so who's is the best will rage on but just like the Austin Maestro which was i my school days was the most advanced car of its generation (as it had a computer to tell you to put your seat belt on) there will always be something better on the market.

Shaun

PS Joe are you sure that you aren't on Solutions pay roll? :o ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 10:57:43 pm »
Must have missed that Shaun

Joe,  have watched the development of the Cross American for a while including the original vac' box now refined as the Mitey One. Not sure that the engineering is ahead of Alltec's they've promoted parallel vac's and high air flow for many years, as has Ed Valentine.

It's good to see some boldness from UK companies, wonder if the likes of Extracta or Stim vac ( yes they're still around )  might bring something new out.

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 11:09:24 pm »
There were more crowds round Dave Ingrams TM and he was in the car park. ;D

I very compact simple TM ideal for someone who can stretch beyond a high end portable.

It's good to see these home grown machines, a positive effect of the credit crunch perhaps.

clinton

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 07:49:29 am »
Mike

Its good to see british made set ups for sale :)

And smaller compact set ups will be thee future..

Joe H

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 07:51:28 am »

PS Joe are you sure that you aren't on Solutions pay roll? :o ;D

Well if I am Shaun, its still not paying me your type of money.  ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 07:55:32 am »
I'm surprised there's been no mention of the new Texatherm machine.............

Was it there
Did it impress or confuse
Did anyone like the idea of the dual purpose
Or has everyone been swayed by the the " muscle " and grunt types

Agree with Clinton on the future being " compact "but with power

Doug Holloway

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 08:03:54 am »
Hi Guys

It was really good to see lots of innovative manufacturers with their machines and because the day was run by CC's, there was no bull or oversell, a much more mature day.

Because I had rather of a lot of talking to do I missed Dave's TM but had a look at Alltec, Texatherm and Cleansmart, all of which looked really well engineered.

Must say I would go Alltec if I wanted a triple vac.

It must be better to bvuy UK , simply from the parts/repairs angle.

Cheers

Doug

robert meldrum

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 09:19:20 am »
It would be good to be able to buy British if there was such a thing but you might find this very difficult as most machines are imported and modified for the UK market.

It's probably possible to source components in Europe for assembly rather than having to pay double the U S retail price over here.
Would be interesting to find out if you could actually build a successful machine from German / Italian / British / Swiss components and do so at a competetive price.
A major problem is the limited size of the market for c/c machines, but having said that I was amazed at the variety of pumps and blowers available and found a local engineering company this week who services pumps and blowers. Sorted a problem for me for just £60 which would have cost double that for transport to and from the South of England.

Gary Webber

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 09:49:23 am »
Hi Robert,

I took the Texatherm EMV along to the CCDO for Mark. I think talking to quite a few cleaners there, that they have not quite grasped what the EMV is about.

The EMV is a dual Texatherm heater tank, so you can heat the pads and perform the Texatherm process, as well as being a stand-alone extraction machine.

There are many differences in how it operates compared to the majority of systems around. The solution is controlled via a varaiable speed pump system that is electronically controlled. This means it works on demand of what you set the pressure in PSI via the front panel. The pump then compensates for gravity, size of jets on tool etc to give you constant volume without continually operating on bypass.

The pump is capped at 100 PSI because the system works on greater flow from the pump itself, through wider bore PTFE/Telfon solution hose to the jets themselves. This reduces the need for greater pressure to feed narrow volume solution through a system, causing higher volumes of solution/air and increased wear to the pump/heads.

The vacuum motors are mounted above an air channel through the mouldings of the machine, similarly the air paths through both sets of mouldings have beed designed to not restrict air flow through any couplings/fixtures. consequently there  has been little point in adding a third vacuum as the airlift has been deemed insignificant.

The idea is now that with greater flow wetting out or flooding into the fibes at lower pressures very little air or cavitation is created, so you are lifting water not air,  water lift is significantly increased, hence with the open air paths dring times of 1-3 hours have been achieveable.

I think a lot of people have still to grasp with ANY of the machines out there is that right from the start they were deemed soil extraction machines. The chemicals and agitation that goes ahead forms the real cleaning itself and the machines react by removing that soil away and removing any chemicals placed into the item cleaned and resetting wherever necessary.

The last item to add is that the EMV IS 100% British made. The mouldings are british and the components are sourced as much as possible in this country.

The

Darren O

Re: New Airflex machine pics New
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 10:20:26 am »
Robert this engineering company your talking about would they no anything about the pump in my raptor nobody seems to no what the problem is even Cleaning Systems Uk who sell this machine didnt have a clue what was up with it and they have been selling it for a few years but saying that they are no longer selling Hydro Vantage wonder why iam stuck with a machine that no one can fix.