This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Lowe

Re: What have you to do to get on the FWC Committee?
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2009, 07:55:41 pm »
Hi Dave

Whatever the fed is registered as they do make a profit .  I like you agree that the fed have acheived some good things BUT when you join there commitee your opinions may well be different when you see how it is run. Thats all i will say on this as the post could well get out of hand.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2009, 07:59:34 pm »
Steve

They do make a profit , but only for the good of the members.

Nobody owns shares do they ?

matt

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2009, 08:02:54 pm »
Dave, you must have been around when the last oooo aaaarrrrr took place

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2009, 08:07:46 pm »
i was not knocking the guild. i was simply making a point about funds. its going to cost millions to get the message into everyones home. if the fed could not afford to spend that much neither could the guild on the price it charges. its just  simply a finacial fact. i appriceate the guild is in early days but when the APWC started they had some bright ideas and some new thinking but our apathy put what could have been a good think down.
the only solution i think could be a possiblity is compulsory licences for us all. with our fees being used to get the message into homes and clamping down on unlicenced window cleaners............but ity aint ever going to work because every penny we would pay would be swallowed up into council funds. i read the thread about being threatened by another W/C. the fellow had 40 blokes working for him and wasnt licenced so it is not being policed.
i think the only knock i have given the guild was to say i did not like the logo in a thread asking for opinions. which if i remember rightly the founder had a go for me commenting on  it.

matt

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2009, 08:10:01 pm »
oh and the other issue i have about the FED

when a member asks questions that the committee doesnt like

that members is stalled, and when its time to renew, the renewal seems to allways be lost, then they are told they are not welcome

people say they represent professional window cleaners ( its members ) , is that a way to act ? ? ? ?

Steve Lowe

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2009, 08:10:58 pm »
Steve

They do make a profit , but only for the good of the members.

Nobody owns shares do they ?

Hi Dave

No i dont think anyone has shares in the fed. I was told that if ever the fed shut the money etc would be shared amongst its members. As for it being used for the good of the members i guess it depends on what they are spending the money on.  It would be good to see new blood join the commitee but without the older ones leaving it would be a waste of time.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:29 pm »
Matt

I was, but i think i was hood winked, i investigated a few things myself and couldnt see much wrong, everything was above board and legal, maybe some could see a tiny moral wrong doing , but all entirely legal

There was a lot of "oh the fed wont show me there accounts"  and "oh they are selling the building"

If you read between the lines 12 months before that there was a move to start the apwc, in fact the name was already decided, there was also questions asked on a trade association forum about the best course of action to start a window cleaners trade association.

It took me a long time to suss things out, but they are nowhere near as black as some would have you believe.

Matt
Would you bow to trouble causers, i certainly wouldnt.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2009, 08:15:09 pm »
Dont forget there was some real power crazy people around at the time

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2009, 08:18:59 pm »
As far as i can see they do everything right, i may have to join, i wish it was cheaper and i don't fancy having a day off to attend a course some idiot has dreamed up (mentioning no names).

The sour grapes on my part are two fold really.
1/ on this forum we are all equal and judged only on the posts we make and the quality of our ideas. To be self important and pompous is daft when quite a few 'big shots' post on here but see no need for the other window cleaners to take on the role of serfs.
2/The guild was started by a group of like minded wc's and has been executed brilliantly so far.(i'm a member but not part of running it)

Not for profit has tax advantages,
I didn't take to phil either, he was a windbag, and probably a troublemaker.Fiogging double glazing must suit him.

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2009, 08:21:04 pm »
Dont forget there was some real power crazy people around at the time
didn't someone say just recently that they were chairman for 13 yrs, and then don't give him crap, what's in the past stays in the past, alls good now.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2009, 08:23:40 pm »
Clive

The offers still there if you get chance this week give me a call

Dave

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »

I didn't take to phil either, he was a windbag, and probably a troublemaker.Fiogging double glazing must suit him.
he was looking bored on the BWCA stall at the nec show,

matt

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2009, 08:30:25 pm »
Matt

I was, but i think i was hood winked, i investigated a few things myself and couldnt see much wrong, everything was above board and legal, maybe some could see a tiny moral wrong doing , but all entirely legal

Matt
Would you bow to trouble causers, i certainly wouldnt.

Dave, i think we exchanged e.mails about it once or twice ( aswell as a fair few others )

nothing Illegal, no

BUT

ALOT more than a tiny moral wrong doing, imho it was a massive wrong doing, smacked of a closed shop with people just out to earn a quick few bucks ( and it was alot more than a few bucks )

would i bow down to trouble makers, no, especially when i was going to make alot of money

you cannot have rules and then adjust them to suit yourself , though history in this case has shown you can, and thats a shame that greed from a certain few have tarnished a cause

or course, it will now be forgotten and swept away, afterall the golden goose has layed its egg

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2009, 08:49:45 pm »
I'd certainly call you jn the future about business. I'm about to start getting my head down, a bit like hydro, and have an employee.I have just about convinced my wife that i can take one on.

I never really like talking to people on the phone, i'm more email.

For what it's worth i think you'd make an excellent fed representative because aside from anything else if it really does represent an industry that must mean people who aren't members as well, so who better than yourself (or mr giles) to have a very rounded view of what's going on in a lot of wc's heads.( including the likes of matt)

Where can it do better?
1/ take a line on licensing/buy with confidence/a scheme that would work.
2/Address best practice issues such as rainwater harvesting etc, encourage defra to give grants and education, and thereby have more clout with defra.
3/As a truly not for profit org, with not one but several lucrative income streams such as training,accreditation, etc, then the joining fees could be reduced to embrace a wider church of window cleaners.

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2009, 07:46:05 pm »
Back to post

Join the FWC (pay money)

Nomination for candidates have to in by 28 Febuary prior to AGM
Send synopsis in on experience and what you expect to achieve

If there is  3 nominees and only 2 places then a vote takes place

Send voting papers out to all members with synopsis and they cast there vote
All votes opened at AGM checked and verified by independant people

Election complete

If nobody noninates and there is a place left the committee can co-op a person on.

Does this answer the post?
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

ducky

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2009, 09:37:16 pm »
why join the fwc.when every tom dick and harry are useing there logo on there web site on there letter heads and getting away with it for free,i may just do the same :o   
if it cleans we will clean it

matt

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2009, 10:01:00 pm »
why join the fwc.when every tom dick and harry are useing there logo on there web site on there letter heads and getting away with it for free,i may just do the same :o   

;D ;D

it will turn into the " as seen in yellow pages " as if that makes you look better

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2009, 10:07:41 pm »
Ducky

yes we know and trading standards are looking into it

We have quite a few cases that are been investigated

There is a fine of up £1000.00 not by us but by them and they will go to court

Anybody can help the FWC and tell us and we will look in to this thank you

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

DASERVICES

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2009, 10:18:49 pm »

Even ex committee fed members, loads of vans in fife with the fwc logo ;)